• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not like the other Anime announcements we've had showed stuff unknown to us the past few years. So, I don't think the 29th will have any impact on the SwSh information we have.
You're right. For both XY and SM the companions were revealed to be people that were already announced to be in the games.

It's not like the other Anime announcements we've had showed stuff unknown to us the past few years. So, I don't think the 29th will have any impact on the SwSh information we have.
Weeeeell... I don't think that's exactly true? It might not mean anything for the 29th specifically, but it could mean something for what gets revealed before it. They tend to make a point of revealing any characters or pokemon that would be revealed in the anime before the anime is shown. We've also had things like Mega Mewtwo Y and Dusk Lycanroc getting special reveals because they were going to be in upcoming anime episodes. So if there is going to be anything in the anime announcement that hasn't been revealed yet, they will make a point of showing it off.

We've also had things like Mega Mewtwo Y and Dusk Lycanroc getting special reveals because they were going to be in upcoming anime episodes. So if there is going to be anything in the anime announcement that hasn't been revealed yet, they will make a point of showing it off.

The difference between Mega Mewtwo Y and Dusk Lycanroc is that Mega Mewtwo Y was part of the trend similar to that of Lucario and Zoroark appearing in Pokemon movies before the reveal of new regions.

Dusk Lycanroc is just an anime gimmick, period. Granted I like Dusk Lycanroc, but it is basically Ash-Greninja all over again. I'm pretty sure for Galar, Ash will get some special Gigantamax form of some Pokemon that will only come available in whatever successor games there will be for SwSh

Weeeeell... I don't think that's exactly true? It might not mean anything for the 29th specifically, but it could mean something for what gets revealed before it. They tend to make a point of revealing any characters or pokemon that would be revealed in the anime before the anime is shown. We've also had things like Mega Mewtwo Y and Dusk Lycanroc getting special reveals because they were going to be in upcoming anime episodes. So if there is going to be anything in the anime announcement that hasn't been revealed yet, they will make a point of showing it off.
Of course that's a possibility, but we know almost certainly that the beginning of september will have something new, based on patterns, so that's why I say the 29th will probably not be important to the games.

The difference between Mega Mewtwo Y and Dusk Lycanroc is that Mega Mewtwo Y was part of the trend similar to that of Lucario and Zoroark appearing in Pokemon movies before the reveal of new regions.

Dusk Lycanroc is just an anime gimmick, period. Granted I like Dusk Lycanroc, but it is basically Ash-Greninja all over again. I'm pretty sure for Galar, Ash will get some special Gigantamax form of some Pokemon that will only come available in whatever successor games there will be for SwSh

Dusk Lycanroc (or at least, a third form of Lycanroc) was planned at least before Pokémon SM's release as it had data up on the Pokemon GL site. So it's probably more of a case that it was planned for future promotion similar to Lucario and Mega Mewtwo Y then the anime staff asking GF to make Ash-Greninja.

Mega Mewtwo Y was actually revealed in the anime before it had its movie reveal.

Of course that's a possibility, but we know almost certainly that the beginning of september will have something new, based on patterns, so that's why I say the 29th will probably not be important to the games.
Oh probably not, but my point was that whatever is going to be revealed on the 29th may influence what we get revealed before the 29th.

Dusk Lycanroc (or at least, a third form of Lycanroc) was planned at least before Pokémon SM's release as it had data up on the Pokemon GL site. So it's probably more of a case that it was planned for future promotion similar to Lucario and Mega Mewtwo Y then the anime staff asking GF to make Ash-Greninja.
There's also the fact that, unlike other special mons, it can reproduce and evolve (as Rockruff). I think it was more a case of the anime promoting the games and not the games promoting the anime. In other words, I find it likely that if Rockruff returns, Dusk Lycanroc will too.

There's also the fact that, unlike other special mons, it can reproduce and evolve (as Rockruff). I think it was more a case of the anime promoting the games and not the games promoting the anime. In other words, I find it likely that if Rockruff returns, Dusk Lycanroc will too.
Gosh I hope so, I really like Dusk Lycanroc. D= <3

Either way, it was still a marketing gimmick.

Mega Mewtwo Y was actually revealed in the anime before it had its movie reveal.

Yes, but the anime reveal was a prelude to the movie.... and it was a side story, not a mainline episode

It usually comes around 8pm PST

Oh, but the episodes air at 6pm JST now, and right now, it's only a little after 10am, so we will hear the worldwide announcement in 8 hours, so around 2am here in California.

Last edited:

Hey I saw this posted from a couple of days ago. Has anyone seen it before, or is it new? I’m not sure I believe it in anyway, but it is kinda interesting.

The style does look mimicked, but idk, something about it feels off. It's difficult when we don't have anything from where it comes from and if it had any text with it. I have to say it looks kinda like Dialga. If this is real, which I am doubting at this point, maybe some new form for Dialga and Palkia for the highly possible Diamond and Pearl remake? Idk. I'm doubting it's real.

Even if it is fake, it is interesting seeing an art fake that isn't concept art for once, besides that recent CoroCoro fake this is the first art leak that we have seen that isn't a concept in awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom