• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They also have a demon, a scary-looking thing,
it turns into a statue and when people aren't looking,
it scares them from behind, it also blocks the way,
It's fairy and dark and its name is Gargrey.

This seems to be piggybacking on all the speculation regarding the grey statue creatures so I’m going to assume the leak is fake. It’s just too convenient that we get a leak after the creatures are revealed.

Why does everyone think Sobble's evolutions as Water/Ghost?

It turned invisible in the February debut trailer.

Why does everyone think Sobble's evolutions as Water/Ghost?
For some it stems from the fact he turns invisible, but there are plenty of reasons from me why it fits. Ghost types have traits of being sneaky and hide in the shadows, and since we know Sobble is a spy, it fits the description. Plus and off handed fact, sometimes spies are called spooks.

Because Ghost types are one of the most loved types, so people hope it is part Ghost.

Because Ghost types are one of the most loved types, so people hope it is part Ghost.
...yeah that's definitely not the reason. XD Might be for some but for the most part- no. It's the invisibility/spy thing leaning most towards ghost-type.

Personally, I was rooting for a Dragon sobble but nooooo. Heck, I would take a Flying sobble. Water charizard, why not.

Not quite true- we also have Deino and Goomy as version exclusives. And the two gyms.

But yeah, aside from that, not much new confirmed for version exclusives, which is a little weird (and annoying, since that usually determines what game to buy for most people).

I must have missed Goomy and Dieno. I rarely use either family in playthroughs or competitively so that’s kind of meh for me.

As for the gyms, I remembered but forget to add them in before posting. Still, very scant on version exclusivity which is usually a huge selling point - especially for new mons

Very random, but I have to say that I adore all of these Alcreamie <3. The yellow and blueberry one might be my favorite out of the known 28....at least known on Serebii. There may be more.

I, too, love all the new Alcremie. I can’t wait for the ones with stars and purple bows on their heads to get revealed.

I wonder if all the Alcreamie varients will be catchable in every game, or if it’ll be something determined by your trainer ID/your device’s registered region, like Vivillion. Does the Switch have a region setting? I won’t be getting one until at least later this month.

I wonder if all the Alcreamie varients will be catchable in every game, or if it’ll be something determined by your trainer ID/your device’s registered region, like Vivillion. Does the Switch have a region setting? I won’t be getting one until at least later this month.
I should hope that they don't go that route again because global trading is now locked behind a paywall.

Doubt they would repeat it anyway. They're more likely to go with a different mechanic to determine their forms- maybe we feed ingredients to a Vanilla Alcremie and that'll change its flavor. We already collect food to make curry, so more food-based things wouldn't be too off.

I should hope that they don't go that route again because global trading is now locked behind a paywall.

Doubt they would repeat it anyway. They're more likely to go with a different mechanic to determine their forms- maybe we feed ingredients to a Vanilla Alcremie and that'll change its flavor. We already collect food to make curry, so more food-based things wouldn't be too off.

I keep forgetting that the days of only needing a decent internet connection to trade with random strangers globally is gone; I personally wouldn’t be affected, because I plan on getting the online subscription. But I agree, it would be a bad move if they went that route.

I like the idea of integrating the curry mini-game with the various forms (flavors?) although the thought of mixing curry with whipped cream makes me shudder in real world terms lol

I keep forgetting that the days of only needing a decent internet connection to trade with random strangers globally is gone; I personally wouldn’t be affected, because I plan on getting the online subscription. But I agree, it would be a bad move if they went that route.

I like the idea of integrating the curry mini-game with the various forms (flavors?) although the thought of mixing curry with whipped cream makes me shudder in real world terms lol
Well it doesn't even have to be the curry ingredients. XD Could be a different type of food-based thing entirely.

In fact, we know two form names for Alcremie currently- Vanilla and Matcha. Vanilla was the one that we were shown initially and Matcha is the first green one that they showed off during the Direct. Matcha is a type of tea, so if they're all like that... we could just be feeding our Alcremie teas (how British) to change its colors.

I remember someplace mentioning Alcremie makes its own oils.

You probably find leftover flavoring in random places like the necter was in Sun and Moon. That is to say if they're even interchangeable and not like minior colors or vivillon patterns but not region based.

They also have a demon, a scary-looking thing,
it turns into a statue and when people aren't looking,
it scares them from behind, it also blocks the way,
It's fairy and dark and its name is Gargrey.

Oh, a gargoyle would be great, especially since the typing makes me immediately think it's a Impidimp evolution.

Well it doesn't even have to be the curry ingredients. XD Could be a different type of food-based thing entirely.

In fact, we know two form names for Alcremie currently- Vanilla and Matcha. Vanilla was the one that we were shown initially and Matcha is the first green one that they showed off during the Direct. Matcha is a type of tea, so if they're all like that... we could just be feeding our Alcremie teas (how British) to change its colors.
I'd honestly prefer to have different versions of Alcremie based on Berries than real-world ingredients...:cautious:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom