• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway, I have a question for everyone. Do you guys think that Eternatus is the "third legendary" to the ZaWolf or not? Cause usually the third legendary is not involve in the two base game at all and relegate to a hidden secret to find until their own game (except Zygarde, rip). Also, Zacian and Zamazenta apparently have Cyan and Magenta in their name, two of the three primary color. So in theory the third one might have yellow in the name. Although, it could be that Eternarus is yellow in color and not have it in the name.

If it gets involved with the other two legendaries directly in the main games, then yes, it is the third member of the trio. In recent years, Pokemon has been doing different things with the plot. It is safe to say that Eternatus is the third legendary to Zacian and Zamazenta.

Anyway, I have a question for everyone. Do you guys think that Eternatus is the "third legendary" to the ZaWolf or not? Cause usually the third legendary is not involve in the two base game at all and relegate to a hidden secret to find until their own game (except Zygarde, rip). Also, Zacian and Zamazenta apparently have Cyan and Magenta in their name, two of the three primary color. So in theory the third one might have yellow in the name. Although, it could be that Eternarus is yellow in color and not have it in the name.
Necrozma's name didn't really go with Solgaleo or Lunala's so I don't think that the third member of the ZaWolf trio needs a matching name either.

Ah yes, Self-destructing random shiny are the worst. Along with Self-Destruct Metronome in a Nuzlocke.

However, if you are shiny hunting a pokemon with Self-Destruct/Explosion and don't bring a pokemon with Damp, that's all on you.
I wasn't shiny hunting, I just wanted each variety of Minior, and I was catching them as soon as I reached Mt. Hokulani, and I wasn't planning on using anyone with Damp (was there any Pokémon with Damp by the time you reach that place). Still frustrating as hell since RNG was a pain.

Necrozma's name didn't really go with Solgaleo or Lunala's so I don't think that the third member of the ZaWolf trio needs a matching name either.
I guess so. However Necrozma does share a sort of theme with the other two. The sun radiate light, the moon reflect light and a prism refract light, all have something to do with property of light wave. So I wonder how Eternatus could fit in with the other.

Man, I hope when the third legendary actually gets revealed it's more like Necrozma but instead of being the 'antagonist' because of wanting something back, it's just doing its natural behavior. Like say this pokemon wakes up, sees things that does not please it, so it decides to tear the region down for a reset to start over. Then we can have an antagonist that isn't TAKE OVER WORLD WITH LEGENDARY! And have an evil team that's like Team Rocket who are only in it for the money.

Man, I hope when the third legendary actually gets revealed it's more like Necrozma but instead of being the 'antagonist' because of wanting something back, it's just doing its natural behavior. Like say this pokemon wakes up, sees things that does not please it, so it decides to tear the region down for a reset to start over. Then we can have an antagonist that isn't TAKE OVER WORLD WITH LEGENDARY! And have an evil team that's like Team Rocket who are only in it for the money.
They haven't really done a "reset" legendary, huh? Like D-Reaper from Digimon Tamers. Not evil really, just a reset button gone too far.

Exactly! That's what I want! It doesn't have to be 'redeemed'. It just has to be stopped. End with a moral with all the human characters being like "yo maybe we can change some stuff so next time it wakes up we might not have to stop it from deciding we need to all be wiped from existence."

As long as they don't shoehorn the moral at us too hard. Cuz by now it should be obvious in the real world that stuff just doesn't stick. :| So it's a waste of their effort and my time to have to have fictional characters practically staring through the screen saying "DON'T BE CRAPPY TOWARDS [animal/nature/other people/etc.]".

So they dropped the guides and the pokedex for the new games for pre-order. The pokedex book has about 100 pages more than sun and moon’s with about 450. I think that gives a fairly decent idea of how many pokemon will be in the game. Sun and moon had 301 in the main pokdex. The last 83 pages were about ultra beasts and post game, so 400 looks about to be the pokedex size I would think.

So they dropped the guides and the pokedex for the new games for pre-order. The pokedex book has about 100 pages more than sun and moon’s with about 450. I think that gives a fairly decent idea of how many pokemon will be in the game. Sun and moon had 301 in the main pokdex. The last 83 pages were about ultra beasts and post game, so 400 looks about to be the pokedex size I would think.
Good catch. With the amount of returning Pokemon currently confirmed, it looks like we may actually be getting a moderately large amount of new ones, contrary to what a lot of people have been saying! At the very least, now that we have an approximate for the amount of pokemon, we can get an idea of how many pokemon have been snapped. Nice work!

My gut assumption would be that all Legendaries, Mythicals, Ultra Beasts, and Unown aren't included in the game, because I don't really see how any of them would have any place in the Galar Dex. The exception(s) being Mew for the purpose of selling more Poké Ball Pluses, and perhaps Mewtwo and the Kanto birds for nostalgia's sake (XY included them in the Kalos Dex despite it making little sense in context).

Anyway, if that's accurate, then that would be 77-81 of the missing ones taken care of.

I find the Starters harder to judge; obviously Charmander made it in. But is that just a special case? If none of the others are included, then that's 60 more to add to the Wall of the Vanished.

My gut assumption would be that all Legendaries, Mythicals, Ultra Beasts, and Unown aren't included in the game, because I don't really see how any of them would have any place in the Galar Dex. The exception(s) being Mew for the purpose of selling more Poké Ball Pluses, and perhaps Mewtwo and the Kanto birds for nostalgia's sake (XY included them in the Kalos Dex despite it making little sense in context).

Anyway, if that's accurate, then that would be 77-81 of the missing ones taken care of.

I find the Starters harder to judge; obviously Charmander made it in. But is that just a special case? If none of the others are included, then that's 60 more to add to the Wall of the Vanished.
Seems like a logical assumption to make, however I feel like every starter and legend will have to make it into gen 8 at some point (unless maybe this assumption is wrong), so it’s possible they would divide them up into the 2 (mayyybe 3) sets of main series games we’ll get in this gen meaning we would in fact see several in SwSh. Likely the ones that didn’t play roles in DPPt assuming that’s where we’re headed.

Seems like a logical assumption to make, however I feel like every starter and legend will have to make it into gen 8 at some point (unless maybe this assumption is wrong), so it’s possible they would divide them up into the 2 (mayyybe 3) sets of main series games we’ll get in this gen meaning we would in fact see several in SwSh. Likely the ones that didn’t play roles in DPPt assuming that’s where we’re headed.

Maybe. It just remains to be seen if they still care about making the "everything available in one generation" accommodation anymore now that they've given up on a National Dex. I'm not yet convinced that they do. They have said that Pokémon that are excluded from Galar will still appear in future games, but certainly that wording doesn't guarantee that said "future games" will be the very next ones.

That said, I think if there were a region you could dump all of the old Legendaries and Ultra Beasts on and still have it make some vague semblance of sense, Sinnoh would be the one.

Maybe. It just remains to be seen if they still care about making the "everything available in one generation" accommodation anymore now that they've given up on a National Dex. I'm not yet convinced that they do. They have said that Pokémon that are excluded from Galar will still appear in future games, but certainly that wording doesn't guarantee that said "future games" will be the very next ones.
Yeah, I was thinking about that too. I feel like at the very least all Pokémon should be present within gen 8 as a whole, but nothing really guarantees that at all yet.
That said, I think if there were a region you could dump all of the old Legendaries and Ultra Beasts on and still have it make some vague semblance of sense, Sinnoh would be the one.
It would certainly make sense. Sinnoh’s space/time theme makes it a sensible place for another Ultra Wormhole kind of thing or equivalent. And I could see them putting the starters in the Trophy Garden. That said, I’m not sure they would inundate the limited spots in the Dex with all the legends and starters instead of splitting them up between games.

Yeah, I was thinking about that too. I feel like at the very least all Pokémon should be present within gen 8 as a whole, but nothing really guarantees that at all yet.

It would certainly make sense. Sinnoh’s space/time theme makes it a sensible place for another Ultra Wormhole kind of thing or equivalent. And I could see them putting the starters in the Trophy Garden. That said, I’m not sure they would inundate the limited spots in the Dex with all the legends and starters instead of splitting them up between games.

Please no. GF has to stop to flood the games and games' life span with legendaries through rings/holes and distribution as well as starters. I still play AS and the thing I see the most in secret bases are legendaries. I thought it was a nice idea the anniversary giveaway in gen VI but now it's way too much.
As for the starters, accept what we have from the professor. I feel that having lots and older starters makes the new trio feel less important.

The amount of pages tell us absolutely nothing about the size of the regional pokedex.

Actually it says a lot. It pretty much guarantees a set amount. For example. Following a pattern of roughly 80 pages for post game (if it’s in there which is not listed) moves, items, and gigantamax. That leaves 370 pages for the regional dex. The legendaries will most likely have a page to themselves. Stand alones usually do as well, and two to a page at the most usally. At the absolute biggest it could be 716, but that seems way too high. Judging from pokedex books in the past (particularly sun and moon) I would say the chances of their being less than 400 is not likely. In fact it makes the most sense. I could see 555 at the absolute most, and that is only if half of those 370 pages the pokemon share a page with two.

If nothing else. You are not going to get 700-800 pokemon in a 450 page book, so yes it limits it a lot I think.

Please no. GF has to stop to flood the games and games' life span with legendaries through rings/holes and distribution as well as starters. I still play AS and the thing I see the most in secret bases are legendaries. I thought it was a nice idea the anniversary giveaway in gen VI but now it's way too much.
As for the starters, accept what we have from the professor. I feel that having lots and older starters makes the new trio feel less important.
I don’t see the issue? Collecting them all is optional. I would much prefer the option to be there if I’d like to take advantage of it (which I would) rather than having them cut altogether.
Having the older starters in the game doesn’t make the new trio feel less important at all. If they’re really worried about people using older starters over the new ones, just stick them in the post-game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom