• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. Knights in media make it look easy.
As someone who plays an Elf Fighter in Dungeons & Dragons, I can confirm that despite the game being a fantasy setting, I can argue it's the most realistic in a fantasy setting in terms of how much your character can carry.

Last edited:
Farfetch'd going from Normal/Flying to pure Fighting would be no weirder than Cubone going from pure Ground to Fire/Ghost as Alolan Marowak. And it makes sense, not just with the weight of the sword and shield thing, but presumably, all of that combat and wielding those tools has developed Farfetch'd's muscles quite a lot, causing it to become heavier. That would explain the loss of the Flying type, too - maybe it's too heavy, and even then, how is it supposed to fly with its hands full? Regular Farfetch'd can put their leeks in their mouths, but I don't think they really have the room for a giant sword and a shield.

Yeah, basically its wings evolve into specialized limbs for fighting with its sword and shield. Bam, no more flying type.

The only question really is if there will be a Galarian Farfetchd. The description of 'only certain ____ become this' implies that there will not be.

The way the pokemon site words it. Farfetch’d would have to get a galarian form in order for them to get an evolution. In fact I am not convinced if this is the line it is not actually galarian farfetch’d instead of sirefetch’d. Except the japanese nite.

The way the pokemon site words it. Farfetch’d would have to get a galarian form in order for them to get an evolution.

How so? Exeggcute, Pikachu, and Cubone didn't need one, and it doesn't seem as though Weezing does, either.

If you fill in the words as, "Only Farfetch'd that have survived many battles can attain this evolution. When this Pokémon's sword shatters, it will retire from combat," then I'd say you really don't need a Galarian Farfetch'd. The condition for evolution is simply that a Farfetch'd survive many battles, which could be more likely to occur in the hostile environment in the Galar region (which is the same thing that prompted Obstagoon to occur).

Because those are not new evolutions. All of those evolutions exist. I posted the quote already on the previous page, but it specifically says regional pokemon can get new regional evos. Hence, obstagoon.

Sure, but it doesn't say that's the only way that regional evolutions can occur. "Some regional forms developing unique evolutions" doesn't preclude the possibility of some standard form Pokémon also developing unique evolutions.

And I mean, to be super-pedantic, the site could just be generalizing, because that wording isn't quite accurate to the nuances of Linoone's situation either. Elsewhere on the site, they say that the Galarian branch of Zigzagoon is actually the original form of the species. So the Zigzagoon that we know split off from there and actually lost the potential to evolve into Obstagoon - it's not something they gained as a result of becoming Galarian Zigzagoon.

Many older Pokemon got evolutions in Gen 4, so it's not impossible for normal Farfetch'd to get an evolution.

I think y'all are overcomplicating things (which I do as well). Regional forms are usually just called the name of the Pokemon in-game. So it's not unreasonable to say that there will be a Galarian far'fetched, which will be pure fighting, and will evolve into "sir'fetched" which is also pure fighting. Same thing with Meowth (if it is meowth and not like, a skitty that the leaker thought was a meowth or something I dunno): There is most likely a Galarian Meowth, it has a regional evolution, and the regional evolution has a gigantamax form. Taking everything the dynamax leaker said literally just doesn't work, we already know they're not the best leaker and some things have gotten lost in translation.

The weight increase from Farfetch'd seems to imply that it becomes a much larger duck which is exciting :)

I still think it's very likely that some 'normal' Pokémon will have regional evolutions. You could honestly call the gen 4 evolutions 'regional evolutions'... Especially the absurd cases where there was no in-game reason why some of them didn't evolve in past games.

I still think it's very likely that some 'normal' Pokémon will have regional evolutions. You could honestly call the gen 4 evolutions 'regional evolutions'... Especially the absurd cases where there was no in-game reason why some of them didn't evolve in past games.
Perhaps, although I don't think far'fetched is an example. While Cubone to alolan Marowak was ground to fire/ghost, people didn't like that at all, and I don't think there'd be a repeat.

Then why call them Galarian forms then? It wouldn't make sense for future games; it would just be a regular evo like gen IV.

The description of evolutions of new Galarian forms and Obstagoon's would only make sense if Farfetch'd has a regional form, as well. One which can evolve, while regulars can't.

And, no, Gen IV evolutions are hardly "Sinnohian forms".

Perhaps, although I don't think far'fetched is an example. While Cubone to alolan Marowak was ground to fire/ghost, people didn't like that at all, and I don't think there'd be a repeat.

I would think the amount of people who "didn't like that" would be far more insignificant than, say, the amount of people who dislike food- or object-based Pokémon, and yet here we are still with Alcremie and Polteageist.

Then why call them Galarian forms then? It wouldn't make sense for future games; it would just be a regular evo like gen IV.

Future games, not set in Galar, would simply not include those evolutions. It's a thing that they're open to now.

I would think the amount of people who "didn't like that" would be far more insignificant than, say, the amount of people who dislike food- or object-based Pokémon, and yet here we are with Alcremie and Polteageist.

Future games, not set in Galar, would simply not include those evolutions. It's a thing that they're open to now.
They'll find a way if their regular forms are in; like how they handled Alolan forms in other games.

I kean, sheesh people, wasn't the description above Obstagoon clear enough? Some Galarian forms have exclusive evolutions. Sirfetch'd being such an evolution, but still evolving from a regular Farfetch'd wouldn't fit that sentence and wouldn't make it a "Galarian evolution".

Obstagoon isn't called a Galarian anything. It's just Obstagoon. I don't see the point you're trying to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom