• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly don't know why I bother wasting my time here lol.

Enjoy Sword and Shield though!
You could literally sum up the new information in two sentences:
  • A source has told me that Meteodyna is going to get a figurine
  • It's likely that we'll learn the types of the cover legendaries soon, because the box art for this merch usually displays the type
Sorry, but most people aren't interested in spending eleven minutes watching a video that only tells them two new things. And most of us aren't getting paid for these discussions, while you're making ad revenue off your videos.
I still think it's very likely that some 'normal' Pokémon will have regional evolutions. You could honestly call the gen 4 evolutions 'regional evolutions'... Especially the absurd cases where there was no in-game reason why some of them didn't evolve in past games.
But these regional evos are called that because they evolve from regional forms. The Gen 4 evos were just new evolution methods-they weren't really connected to the region at all.

Are we willing to count on that? We were all pretty sure they'd include every Pokémon in these games.
I don't need to count on that, as I'm already counting on the fact that a hypothetical Sirfetch'd can only evolve from a Galarian form Farfetch'd. Because of Obstagoon's description, which makes the most sense.

Obstagoon isn't called a Galarian anything. It's just Obstagoon. I don't see the point you're trying to make.
Read the description on the site about Galarian forms evolving into unique new Pokémon, like Obstagoon.

Sirfetch'd probably falls into the same category.

Read the description on the site about Galarian forms evolving into unique new Pokémon, like Obstagoon.

Sirfetch'd probably falls into the same category.
While possible, that's not a sure thing.

The same Pokémon (Cubone) can evolve into a ground type in one region and a fire/ghost in another region. That's already a regional evolution. Expanding that concept to be 'x only evolves into y in this region', without making x a regional variant itself, is entirely possible.

The same Pokémon (Cubone) can evolve into a ground type in one region and a fire/ghost in another region. That's already a regional evolution. Expanding that concept to be 'x only evolves into y in this region', without making x a regional variant itself, is entirely possible.
It's never been referred to as a regional evolution by any official sources, though.

The leak talked about "Galarian evolutions".

That + Obstagoon's description:

Coincidence? I think not.

Farfetch'd will most likely have a regional form that will be exclusively able to evolve into Sirfetch'd; it's dense to think otherwise going by the two descriptions we've been given (one leak, other Obstagoon's).

Sheesh folks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190913-182138_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190913-182138_Chrome.jpg
    428.5 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Four months ago we didn't even know that regional evolutions could exist, and yet now we can definitively say how each and every of them will or will not align with one piece of text on the site?

Call me "dense" if you must, but I'd prefer "cautious."

Farfetch'd will most likely have a regional form that will be exclusively able to evolve into Sirfetch'd; it's dense to think otherwise going by the two descriptions we've been given (one leak, other Obstagoon's).

Sheesh folks.
Calling me dense is rude. Dismissing a possibility based on one line of text (that rules absolutely nothing out) is short-sighted. But you do you.

While possible, that's not a sure thing.

That's Alolan Marowak though.
It's a regional variant not a flat-out new Pokemon.
As of right now it seems like it only gets the name "regional evolution" because they evolved from Regional variants

The way I see it, we're definitely getting Sirfetch'd, which is a regional evolution of Farfetch'd.
Whether Farfetch'd itself is going to be getting a Galarian form is still up in the air as not all base forms of a Pokemon in a line get a variant, just their evolutions (see normal Cubone evolving into Alolan Marowak). It's very possible that Farfetch'd stays normal and just gain an evolution specific to the Galar region. Pokemon evolving based on the environment they level in isn't new to the franchise, so they can easily expand on it by making certain Pokemon evolve based on region.

"You're not stupid, your idea is stupid!"
Ah yes, because that's much less rude... :rolleyes:
Yeah, well, dismissing the credible leak's description as well as the one for Obstagoon is a bit odd. In'it?

Anyway, I rest my case. We'll see soon enough who was right.

The leak only says, "Some pokemon, like Farfechtd, will get regional evolutions, like Sirfechtd. Meowth looks like a ball of spiky grey fur." There's nothing there about Farfetch'd getting a variant of its own. In fact, it doesn't actually say anything about any regional "variants," only regional evolutions.

Last edited:
Yeah, well, dismissing the credible leak's description as well as the one for Obstagoon is a bit odd. In'it?

Anyway, I rest my case. We'll see soon enough who was right.
At this point, I'm not even talking about who's wrong or who's right. I'm talking about you being disrespectful. Chill out with that tone, it won't win you any favors.

It's been said that old pokemon "won't have new evolutions [past Sylveon]."

Making regional variants have new evolutions is in fact a loophole around that statement. Because regional variants might as well be brand new with all the changes they go through in-series.

At this point, I'm not even talking about who's wrong or who's right. I'm talking about you being disrespectful. Chill out with that tone, it won't win you any favors.
Again, I was merely talking about points made. Not about people themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom