• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the weekend. Nintendo and related company's social media only post important information on work days

Wasn’t Mega Mewtwo revealed on a weekend though? I recall a handful of Pokémon have been revealed on weekends over the years.

Granted, you’re probably right that we’ll have to wait until next week.

Wasn’t Mega Mewtwo revealed on a weekend though? I recall a handful of Pokémon have been revealed on weekends over the years.

Granted, you’re probably right that we’ll have to wait until next week.
Mega Mewtwo, Zygarde's forms, and some Mega Evolutions, yeah. Those were the only weekend trailers I could find between the last two generations.

I might have just found two things. So I’m assumin y’all have heard of the Pokemon secret member’s club? It’s a japanese retailer thing for people who pre-ordered, and you could sign up to be on the list, or something.

Anyway, supposedly one of those emails came with a bunch of surveys in it. One of which was whether or not they wanted to see the starter evolutions before the game, or leave it to be discovered within the game. At the time the picture was taken it was 72% up for seeing them beforehand, and the voting ends on the 20th. Now I am not sure how much I believe this, but the page looks pretty legit, however it was sent to a poketuber, and I struggle with that since I cannot find it elsewhere. Except that in my digging to try and find this alleged survey anywhere else I did find that the secret member’s club is going to get a trial version on the 21st of September. It will be available for about 280 people, and no one knows if it will be open to the public after that, but I am wondering if it might actually be the demo. If nothing else we may get new news from it on the 21st by people playin it.

Edit: sorry if this has already been brought up. It is a month old, but I have not seen anything on it until now.

Except that in my digging to try and find this alleged survey anywhere else I did find that the secret member’s club is going to get a trial version on the 21st of September. It will be available for about 280 people, and no one knows if it will be open to the public after that, but I am wondering if it might actually be the demo. If nothing else we may get new news from it on the 21st by people playin it.
I think I might be getting my datamine after all. I'm sincerely excited if this is true.

I think I might be getting my datamine after all. I'm sincerely excited if this is true.
It's probably just gonna be that demo that has been making the convention rounds, and you'd gotta hope that one of those 280 people who get it has an interest in datamining or gives it to someone else who does.

Would also be extra risky for any of those people to leak it since their name would definitely be on record and they would only have to narrow it down from 280 people.

It's probably just gonna be that demo that has been making the convention rounds, and you'd gotta hope that one of those 280 people who get it has an interest in datamining or gives it to someone else who does.
Still, it might have interesting info. You have a point in that there's a chance the game might not be datamined, but knowing the Internet, I feel there's a high chance.

It's probably just gonna be that demo that has been making the convention rounds
I don’t think so. Not if that is the actual picture being shown with it. I have not seen anything else with all the gossifleurs around, and why make a big deal of getting people to sign up for the secret club and limiting the number if it is the same presentation that pretty much everyone has been playing? If I had to guess it’s going to be a little sun and moon’s, and you have a small area to explore with a couple of new pokemon, but that’s just going off the pic again.

Still, it might have interesting info. You have a point in that there's a chance the game might not be datamined, but knowing the Internet, I feel there's a high chance.
I think 280 is gonna be small odds, especially if there's a NDA involved. I don't hope for anything from it because I don't really want to see a lucky winner get in trouble just for the sake of a datamine.

I don’t think so. Not if that is the actual picture being shown with it. I have not seen anything else with all the gossifleurs around, and why make a big deal of getting people to sign up for the secret club and limiting the number if it is the same presentation that pretty much everyone has been playing? If I had to guess it’s going to be a little sun and moon’s, and you have a small area to explore with a couple of new pokemon, but that’s just going off the pic again.
That screenshot came from the official website- Gossifleur | Official Website | Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield

They also made a point of inviting Serebii over to play that same demo so treating it like it's anything new and exclusive isn't unusual for them. The perk for secret club winners is that they don't have to pay to go to a convention to play it for a few minutes so someone else can get a turn. I was wrong about this, seems they don't even get a copy.

Last edited:
@Oriden. Wait the original demo, or this specific one? Because I cannot find anything about him saying he got invited to it :/

I still think it’s going to be different. I could be wrong. Just a feeling.

What are the actual chances of Duraldon not being the psuedo. I think they typically reveal them later in the marketing cycle but wouldn't it have to be pretty beefy to compete with Tyranitar?
I feel like they were just referencing Godzilla v Mechagodzilla more than anything. Maybe hinting that they'll both get Gigantamax forms

@Oriden. Wait the original demo, or this specific one? Because I cannot find anything about him saying he got invited to it :/
The original demo, which is likely to be this same one considering this-

According to details from the official Pokemon Secret Club website, members can now register for an “early trial version” of Pokemon Sword And Shield. Places are limited to 280 people, and it will be held on the 21st of September between 10:00-17:00 JST in Tokyo.

They don't get to own a copy of the demo, they're pretty much just winning a ticket to an event in Tokyo to play one. So it is most likely the same exact one that has been making the rounds.

I feel like they were just referencing Godzilla v Mechagodzilla more than anything. Maybe hinting that they'll both get Gigantamax forms
I get that. I'm just wondering whether Duraldon will be 600bst or lesser. I would like to think that if it was going to rival Tyranitar it would be 600. But maybe its like Aggron where its 530bst or Drampa like 485bst.

@Oriden I know they don’t get to own it. I just don’t think it will be the same one that everyone has basically had access to. That’s kind of the opposite of what they want for the member club I would think, but like I said it’s just a hunch I have that it will be different. I really have no idea.

@Oriden I know they don’t get to own it. I just don’t think it will be the same one that everyone has basically had access to. That’s kind of the opposite of what they want for the member club I would think, but like I said it’s just a hunch I have that it will be different. I really have no idea.
I really doubt that they're going to give the secret member club any special benefits that isn't cheap trinkets or just reusing the same demo that has been making the tour. It's like any other "fun" membership club where they send you a pack of stickers or a paper placemat as your special gift. They're not going to go all out to really make it worth it, especially considering that aside from purchasing the game early, entry into the club is free.

The original demo, which is likely to be this same one considering this-

They don't get to own a copy of the demo, they're pretty much just winning a ticket to an event in Tokyo to play one. So it is most likely the same exact one that has been making the rounds.
I have a feeling about this being the case as well. However, I can also see an updated version of that demo in regards to graphics and/or the roster the player gets to use in the demo to spice things up for the contest winners.

Well we will know in one week for sure. I was really hopin for a gossifleur demo darnit XD. Although i wish I could enter for a chance for that gold steelbook. It’s awesome looking.

What about the supposed survey they got, though? Any chance you guys think that’s legit? If it is it almost guarantees starter evolutions in October

Probably also worth noting that that Secret Club was supposed to get special videos each month as well, and none of those have leaked. Best guess is that they somehow didn't contain anything interesting either.

In any case, we're definitely not getting a datamine from this secret club thing, since they won't get a physical copy of the game to be able to do that. And if the whole club doesn't wanna leak videos, we're probably not going to get anything from 280 lucky winners to a special demo event either.

I don't know about that survey, though... probably won't weigh into anything, really. I think we were going to get the starter evos revealed before launch regardless.

Well we will know in one week for sure. I was really hopin for a gossifleur demo darnit XD. Although i wish I could enter for a chance for that gold steelbook. It’s awesome looking.

What about the supposed survey they got, though? Any chance you guys think that’s legit? If it is it almost guarantees starter evolutions in October

The survey seems legitimate.

However 2nd stage starter evos were likely in October anyways.

Sun and moon had trailers at the beginning of October for the 2nd stage and at the end of october for the final stage

Except it was a vote on whether or not to actually reveal them. I kinda wish no was winning just for the reason to know if they were actually paying attention to it. Still it’s nice to have some form of confirmation that we will see them. If it is true it also shows that they do care about what they give away in trailers, and are trying to give fans what they want in that regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom