• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, an old regional rodent received both a Galarian form and a new evolution, so a lot of possibilities lay open in terms of Galarian evolutions.

I wonder what Sirfetch'd's counterpart will be.

It'll probably be a defensive-oriented Pokemon since Sirfetch's looks to be offensivly inclined.

Just thought about something. Logical thinking is Shield legendary is gonna be Steel. What if its actually Ghost.
Bea - Sirfetch'd her ace
Allister - Shield exclusive his ace.

Now to figure out which Pokemon is going to get a Galar form and become Allister's ace. Delibird seems like a good candidate since it already has a mask.

That makes sense. I’m betting that the shield exclusive is in fact ghost. Not that it narrows anything down considering sirfetch’d has no similarities (type wise) to farfetch’d...I really hate his unibrow. I liked the sunglasses better, or the black mask idea.

I doubt Bea would have a sirfetc'd as her ace. I expect a more martial arts oriented mon. As for Allister, I'd imagine Polteageist as his ace.
Allister is the fifth Gym at the earliest so Polteageist may be too weak to be his ace unless it is a single stage.

Official Twitter says "Farfetch'd that inhabit the Galar region" and not "Galarian Farfetch'd". Who was it that was fighting with me about how there must be a Galarian Farfetch'd? Because it looks like there's no Galarian Farfetch'd.

I know they did a megaevolution, but maybe sableye if it’s matched to the gym leaders.

It was me, and I’m pissed about it, but I’m still not totally sure it won’t be a galarian farfetch’d. Based on what they said it should be. It’s dumb of them, and weezing does not say anything about koffing, so i’m sticking to it.

The Affleck leak must have ended up shaping the promotional planning if this is all we're getting. A site update tease and a trailer for one version-exclusive Pokemon, without revealing the counterpart? They had to know that Sirfetch'd was already being talked about online. (And I know Sirfetch'd is clearly based around its sword, but it does have a shield, too-why make it an exclusive? I doubt the Shield one is going to heavily feature a shield while casually holding a sword)

Sirfetch'd looks fun, though! I think it's cute that it thinks you're swordfighting with it when you dangle the feather toy in front of it.

Also I'm laughing at how the Japanese trailers ends by just zooming in on this expression:

Last edited:
Wow, some people got SO CLOSE with the art. Except for the eyes and the onion stalk at the end of the leek.
Well, it’s pretty much farfetch’d but white with a larger unibrow, what I had imagined was fairly similar so I don’t think it’s too large a feat that the artists guessed those parts correctly. The eyes and the onion were the only new differences and kinda unexpected things in the design.

Allister is the fifth Gym at the earliest so Polteageist may be too weak to be his ace unless it is a single stage.
It’s possible evolution could be his ace.

Official Twitter says "Farfetch'd that inhabit the Galar region" and not "Galarian Farfetch'd". Who was it that was fighting with me about how there must be a Galarian Farfetch'd? Because it looks like there's no Galarian Farfetch'd.
C'est moi.

As I said earlier after the reveal, but now for you personally: my sincere apologies. My fanaticism gets the better of me sometimes when I think I'm absolutely correct about something.

Again, about Affleck leak, we can confirm this is real right? Since the June trailer/official website state very clear that there is a Flying Taxi using Corviknight

I assumed the leak was referring to the trains, but yeah, in either case it's confirmed.

So all we have left to see from that leak is G-Max Lapras, Meowth, and Pikachu; Galarian Meowth (or whatever), the chipmunks, Eternatus (though it seems kinda wild to me that they would reveal that before release... I mean, I guess they did partially reveal Necrozma before SM came out, but it played no role in the plot of the original games), Kabu and Opal, and the Starter evos.

So I guess this confirms my theory of regional evolutions. Some galarian forms my get one, but at the same time regular pokemon can get one. Anybody's fair game

I still think Polteageist is a single stage
I doubt it. Single stage pokemon are usually given to those who are relatively normal in size or have a unique ability or move. Polteageist is small and his ability and moveset is nothing new. It's also the only ghost type we know in this region thus far so it will probably evolve. Unless it gets a Gigantamax form, in which it will probably not evolve similar to Alcremie.

So I guess this confirms my theory of regional evolutions. Some galarian forms my get one, but at the same time regular pokemon can get one. Anybody's fair game

I would say Sirfetch'd is not a regional evolution, it is just a new evolution added, like the 2G did.

Cubone evolves into different forms of Marowak according to the region. Zigzagoon get a new evolution when it has a regional form. Those are regional evolutions. At least this is the way I understand it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom