• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's recap quickly:
Lance, the champion of johto uses a dragonite
Blue, the champion of Kanto uses a tyranitar in frlg rematches
Steven used a metagross
Cynthia used a garchomp
Iris used a hydreigon
Diantha uses a goodra
No one uses kommo-o BUT Ryuki title defenses you with one
Oh, snap, I was sure she didn't.

Wow, Salamance is the one that doesn't get used by any champion?
I believe Salamence is used by Lance in HG/SS rematches and possibly also BW2.

To be fair, I don’t think the leak was stating that being used by a champion is what makes it a pseudo. It was just saying a champion uses one (I think “and” was typo’d as “as”). Not that the leak really holds any water anyway.

Well that was unimpressive. You had us wait nearly a week to show us one pokemon. One VERSION EXCLUSIVE pokemon. Wow. Cool I guess. The pseudo bishie anime eyes creep me out to be honest.

Also boy it's gonna be awkward when female farfetch'd evolve into SIRfetch'd. Yeah yeah all knights are apparently called sir or whatever but that's dumb in itself. I thought we'd gotten over naming things towards one gender when a pokemon species isn't confined to being only one gender.

Give me Impidimp, Gamefreak.

Well that was unimpressive. You had us wait nearly a week to show us one pokemon. One VERSION EXCLUSIVE pokemon. Wow. Cool I guess. The pseudo bishie anime eyes creep me out to be honest.

Also boy it's gonna be awkward when female farfetch'd evolve into SIRfetch'd. Yeah yeah all knights are apparently called sir or whatever but that's dumb in itself. I thought we'd gotten over naming things towards one gender when a pokemon species isn't confined to being only one gender.

Give me Impidimp, Gamefreak.
If it helps, sir was never meant to be masculine. It was a title and both genders had it when they were knights. It's just most women didn't become knights but they did exist. For whatever reason people changed it in everyday social settings. It is still used in the military despite gender today.

In fairness the duck was all that was promised.

True; I imagine that if the Sirfetch'd trailer itself had just dropped out of the blue with none of the glitchy pretense, people wouldn't be quite as cut up about it.

I like Sirfetch'd, it's just that I think it's very odd to show off one version-exclusive without any mention of its opposite. Sword players now know something else they can look forward to... but what about Shield players? Why make them wait?

Yeah it's the buildup that soured me on it. No new concepts. It's just a new evolution to a pre-existing pokemon. Not even a regional variant for the first form. Like I expected something unique and important about this pokemon that was revealed in a way none of the others had been before.

But nope. Leek duck evolves into bigger leek duck with a smug face that makes Snivy call foul. Bigger leek duck stabs good. Woo. Confetti falls. Everyone claps.

True; I imagine that if the Sirfetch'd trailer itself had just dropped out of the blue with none of the glitchy pretense, people wouldn't be quite as cut up about it.

I like Sirfetch'd, it's just that I think it's very odd to show off one version-exclusive without any mention of its opposite. Sword players now know something else they can look forward to... but what about Shield players? Why make them wait?
Oh most definitely.
Though they've been pretty consistent with leaving out key details and then saying "oh btw" later.
Like with Alcreamie and its various forms.

You know over the weekend, I was thinking, "Wow this glitch thing is a really novel and fun method to reveal new Pokemon!" But all that buildup for just one new Pokemon is really underwhelming... At least Sirfetch'd itself is a fantastic design. I just feel like GameFreak is over-correcting after revealing so many Pokemon before Sun and Moon.

Also, it's weird that they announce a Sword exclusive without also announcing its Shield-exclusive equivalent. Maybe there really will be a Chatot evolution and that fake leaker made a really lucky guess.

Well... Gardevoir is called Sirknight in Japanese after all.

You know over the weekend, I was thinking, "Wow this glitch thing is a really novel and fun method to reveal new Pokemon!" But all that buildup for just one new Pokemon is really underwhelming...

While I agree it was underwhelming was it because of the one reveal, or was it because everyone had already figured out what it was because of the affleck leak? Like would it have been more exciting if we had no real idea of what it would end up being? I mean we would guess sure, but we would not really know. this one was pretty obvious as a whole.

I still remember that story about that one fan that went up to Masuda and had him sign an autograph of the leak final evolutions of the Alolan staters.
Then what are we an hour before their official reveal TPC leaked them via TCG sets on Twitter.
That cycle must have been insane for them

Well there goes my theory about Farfetch'd getting a Galarian form I guess. Anyway - I love the design and I think the artists did a great job interpreting the glitchy silhouette .

While I agree it was underwhelming was it because of the one reveal, or was it because everyone had already figured out what it was because of the affleck leak? Like would it have been more exciting if we had no real idea of what it would end up being? I mean we would guess sure, but we would not really know. this one was pretty obvious as a whole.

This; plus, let's be honest, "all that buildup" was largely generated by the fandom itself, not the Pokémon team. As is often the case. We very frequently take any hint of a possible news drop and run away with it completely, and then start posting Groudons everywhere when it turns out to have been something mundane. But from the company's end, all they actually did was tweet about it once and set up the glitched page, and then they formally revealed the Pokémon when the next usual day for a site update rolled around. And considering that it never really hinted at anything more than one particular Pokémon, can any further speculations really be blamed on them? Just because there's a novel sort of introduction to something doesn't necessarily mean that it's going to be a big or important thing. For all we know, someone up there just thought of the leak/leek pun and thought it would be funny.

You know over the weekend, I was thinking, "Wow this glitch thing is a really novel and fun method to reveal new Pokemon!" But all that buildup for just one new Pokemon is really underwhelming... At least Sirfetch'd itself is a fantastic design. I just feel like GameFreak is over-correcting after revealing so many Pokemon before Sun and Moon.

Also, it's weird that they announce a Sword exclusive without also announcing its Shield-exclusive equivalent. Maybe there really will be a Chatot evolution and that fake leaker made a really lucky guess.
they have revealed one exclusive at a time in the past. and they were not back to back either. I don't like it when they do that. seems pointless or disorganized. like you forgot the other one or something. I was expecting one or two other things beyond Sirfetchd but o well

One obscure fact about Sirfetch'd's design that I recently discovered, its shield was actually part of the leek that it carries, you can see a part of the shield that broke off from its leek. Very interesting, that's why its leek looks like it broke off from something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom