• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish this cycle was even half the amount of insane compared to the Sun/Moon release period...

The trailers were insane, the leaks were insane and the drama was insane. The riddler was dripping with attitude. The entire thing was an entertainment in itself.
That whole incident made this place the talk of the town.
I'll never forget the translations I gave out here for the concept Arts for the alolan starters being used on numerous big websites.
That said though, I feel the excess information from that cycle probably did more harm than good in the end since it gave away most of the plot and left only a few Pokemon to be discovered by the fans upon release.

Also boy it's gonna be awkward when female farfetch'd evolve into SIRfetch'd. Yeah yeah all knights are apparently called sir or whatever but that's dumb in itself. I thought we'd gotten over naming things towards one gender when a pokemon species isn't confined to being only one gender.

Sir is pretty much what everyone thinks when someone says someone has been knighted. Even women since nobody knows "dame" means the same thing outside of England or people who know about titles. At this point it's become gender neutral.

Besides, the original evolution was name Madame. So yeah, even if it was one or the other, it would have still been a gendered name that ironically has to do with knights despite the former looking more like a dominatrix swan.

Don't worry, he's still the signature Pokemon of Drake.
And of Zinnia who is basically the end game boss of ORAS.

True; I imagine that if the Sirfetch'd trailer itself had just dropped out of the blue with none of the glitchy pretense, people wouldn't be quite as cut up about it.

I like Sirfetch'd, it's just that I think it's very odd to show off one version-exclusive without any mention of its opposite. Sword players now know something else they can look forward to... but what about Shield players? Why make them wait?
I'm a shield player :/ And I don't get it either. I assume the Shield poke will be revealed soon going by this though.

Sirfetch'd does look nice, and it is nice to see Farfetch'd get an evolution. The whole reveal though was really dragged out and underwhelming in the end. Was it necessary to hype up a reveal of just one singular Pokemon?

That's the boat I'm in. Like I do like Sirfetch'd for sure, and I think the concept of his reveal was also pretty awesome, but I feel like if he was all they had to show, they could have cut down the wait time in between posting the glitched Pokemon and revealing it to be Sirfetch'd. It probably would have been best to only have us wait through the weekend. Those extra couple days really just dragged it out. And making it a regional exclusive Pokemon didn't help for sure.

Reveal started awesome, but the conclusion was underwhelming due to timing.

Ya know...he really does look just like farfetch’d though. Other than he is white.(obviously minus the sword and shield)

Yeah. Like I would be alright with them doing that with his opposite as long as they only go like two days.

Edit: sorry apparently my quote did not take. The second half of that really does not make sense. It was a response to his reveal.

Last edited:
Oooh. Ok so here is something interesting I saw brought up. First of all. If sirfetch’d and/or farfetch’d can still have flying moves it will make him seriously powerful. He’ll be deadly against other fighting types without any of the weaknesses that flying pokemon have. He’ll be way strong against a lot of types, and I think that makes him a high possibility of being Bea’s ace even more so. Which still makes me believe the counterpart will be for Allister. It all ties together.

Aside from that they were talking about it’s evolutionary process. If it is based on battle experience, and I had a thought. While I find this highly unlikely. What about a fighting eeveelution? Both of these pokemon would evolve only after so much time spent battling. The problem with this would be how it would know. Like say you have to battle with Farfetch’d 100 times before he could evolve. It would be an interesting and a new concept, and it would fit for a new idea of eeveelution like they love to do.

Oooh. Ok so here is something interesting I saw brought up. First of all. If sirfetch’d and/or farfetch’d can still have flying moves it will make him seriously powerful. He’ll be deadly against other fighting types without any of the weaknesses that flying pokemon have. He’ll be way strong against a lot of types, and I think that makes him a high possibility of being Bea’s ace even more so. Which still makes me believe the counterpart will be for Allister. It all ties together.

Aside from that they were talking about it’s evolutionary process. If it is based on battle experience, and I had a thought. While I find this highly unlikely. What about a fighting eeveelution? Both of these pokemon would evolve only after so much time spent battling. The problem with this would be how it would know. Like say you have to battle with Farfetch’d 100 times before he could evolve. It would be an interesting and a new concept, and it would fit for a new idea of eeveelution like they love to do.
For Sirfetched I kinda wonder if it would be so many battles undefeated.

What a great ideia. I'd easily buy it.

Not sure about Galarian farfetch’d. The summary on the official page describes “Farfetch’d in Galar” just like it says Zigzagoon in Galar. I think it can go either way.

Plus, the English trailer showed all Galarian forms and Obstagoon before showing Sirfetch’d. Random marketing choice or a hint at Galarian Farfetch’d?

I got a theory it is either

a) farfetchd evolve to another pokemon in shield

Or

b) dunsparce shuckle or qwilfish will have an evolution in shield.

If basing on Beta Qwilfish is the likely candidate since it has an electric/water type evo on beta. While both shuckle and dunsparce are both fan favorites, specially dunsparce fans love to design a dunsparce evolution.

Random marketing choice or a hint at Galarian Farfetch’d?

I wouldn't say it's "random"; much as some are comparing it to the typical cross-gen evolutions of yore, there's clearly a stronger emphasis on this evolution's specific link to the Galar region, especially with the knight theme of its design. It is still a "regional" something, just not a variant per se. More of a regional phenomenon (in this case, evolution).

Last edited:
Regional Evolution. Just call it that. Because that's what it is. It's an expanded concept of location evolution, combined with the idea of regional variants. Although, it doesn't need to evolve from a regional variant.

To be honest, both the leak season and the official information kills my interest in the games. I like new pokemon, and i would like to see more stuff, but they give us crumbs. I loved the hype season of SM and even though the majority was spoiled, it was such a wonderful ride, with every week before release being special. I'm okay with non story spoilers, I'm always looking forward to team planning, eager to use my new buddies :( And for the past 2 months it was so disappointing. We've got only one credible leak, and we have it for such a long time (i don't count meteordiner since it gave us literary nothing). Eh, I really miss the hype and drama + Half credible leaks with expectations set high.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom