• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The book series is as old as the pokemon franchise itself...

either way it was just a suggestion.

Well as I clarified later on, I meant the color scheme in conjugation with song of ice and fire / game of throne theme! England, winterfell, direwolves, snow..etc

I think something as major as legendary Pokémon would be inspired by England itself (or something else in the real world) rather than a fictional book series. And Game of Thrones has never struck me as being as wide-reaching as say LOTR where it would be referenced in a Pokémon game. Is Game of Thrones even well-known in Japan?

I think something as major as legendary Pokémon would be inspired by England itself (or something else in the real world) rather than a fictional book series. And Game of Thrones has never struck me as being as wide-reaching as say LOTR where it would be referenced in a Pokémon game. Is Game of Thrones even well-known in Japan?

The book series is based on the war of the roses...a major event in English history.
The reason why I thought about this was because GF went with wolves for the legendary instead of something more connected to English lore like say a Unicorn, European dragon or a lion (obviously they weren't going to go with a lion again I know) one of the wolves is red (fire) and the other is light blue ( ice) and the series is called a song of ice and fire.

The book series is based on the war of the roses...a major event in English history.
The reason why I thought about this was because GF went with wolves for the legendary instead of something more connected to English lore like say a Unicorn, European dragon or a lion (obviously they weren't going to go with a lion again I know) one of the wolves is red (fire) and the other is light blue ( ice) and the series is called a song of ice and fire.

It saddens me that most people don't realise this lol

Perhaps we should force trainers to undertake English history before they play SwSh

The book series is as old as the pokemon franchise itself...

either way it was just a suggestion.
It might be as old as Pokemon, but you have to realize the following:

1.) How popular is Game of Thrones in Japan?

And

2.) Has there been any other Pokemon based on something as gruesome and bloody as GoT (circle of life and repurposed real-world legends not withstanding)? Probably not.

It's more likely that they're based on something like this or wolves being used to discribe warriors or even Romulus and Remus because if the Roman invasion.

Realistically, how big do we expect the Galar Pokedex of Newcomers to be? Not counting Galar and Gigantamax forms. Discount past generations as trends can change. What is your guess?

Realistically, how big do we expect the Galar Pokedex of Newcomers to be? Not counting Galar and Gigantamax forms. Discount past generations as trends can change. What is your guess?
I would estimate a low number. Off the top of my head I don’t remember exactly how many XY had, but I’d say around that amount. We know Megas and Regional Variants took their toll on the number of totally new Pokémon in the past two generations and gen 8 has both (well, G-Max instead of Megas but yeah).

I would estimate a low number. Off the top of my head I don’t remember exactly how many XY had, but I’d say around that amount. We know Megas and Regional Variants took their toll on the number of totally new Pokémon in the past two generations and gen 8 has both (well, G-Max instead of Megas but yeah).
I for one hope that the number of newbies is between 90 and 100. I'd be pretty content, especially given we're getting Galarian forms too.

Xy introduced 72 and SM 81 new species not accounting for post release species. So i feel anything between 75-90ish is fairly fair.

Although with 28 + forms of Alcreamie + new regional forms + unique gigantmax forms, I'm not too sure we can get 90 unique species lol We can only hope XD

I don't think Gigantamax forms will have as much as an impact as Mega's, in terms of resources spent. I also think the amount of new Regional Forms will be roughly equal to the ones we got in Gen 8.

Seeing how we are still missing some types (ground, ice, poison, fire, psychic, bug...) as well as some incomplete evolutionary lines (which would already take us to around 30 new 'Mons) and them introducing regional evolutions (of which we've only seen 2; Obstagoon and Farfetch'd), I'm willing to bet that we'll get roughly the amount Sinnoh introduced.

So, 90 or so new 'Mons. Kalos seemed like an exception, pretty much.

Last edited:
Basing on the GameInformer Interview, I think we will be seeing a bit more new Pokemon than we have in these past couples of generations. They did say there was going to be a lot and they couldn't answer exactly how many to the question of "is there going to be over 72 Pokemon?". I don't want to put the number too high, but I am going to put my guess between 85-100 new Pokemon, with Galarian form numbers being around the same as Alolan forms, and like 15 or less Gigantamax forms. I honestly don't think we are seeing too much Gigantamax since they have hardly shown it off since it's the introduction. Then again it could just be because of how quiet they have been. Definitely think we will get 5-6 more regional evolutions too.

are You sure that in the video where only Ponytas? the other higher images and some other would hint on other new pokemon...
weird but have a weird feeling that hidden light Mushroom was a pokemon behind those bushesh.

are You sure that in the video where only Ponytas? the other higher images and some other would hint on other new pokemon...
weird but have a weird feeling that hidden light Mushroom was a pokemon behind those bushesh.
It was Ponyta or Impidimp or one of the older 'mons.

The livestream was about Ponyta in general.

65-80 new pokemon
  • 10-15 gigantamax
  • 20 galar forms
btw, corocoro should leak in the next couple of days, in case we don't get a trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom