• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I for one hope that the number of newbies is between 90 and 100. I'd be pretty content, especially given we're getting Galarian forms too.

Yes; I feel like they may have decided for 100+ this time. That may be the other side of removing the National Dex, that it became necessary to include more all new Pokemon.

It is possible that some unused designs from Gens 6 and 7 will help with that, and, also that the Wild Area can be a place for some new Pokemon to live, that would not necessarily make sense to find on the main routes.

So, I guess we'll get a wednesday-trailer, seeing how we haven't gotten a surprise-trailer nor an announcement.

Venting & Sourcing
Hey everyone, colours here.

I'm going to get straight to the point: there's no doubt that there's a lot of passionate opinions on SwSh and Game Freak's development of the game as well as TPC(i)'s marketing. While criticisms are welcome (no company is perfect, after all), we the Video Game Staff would like to ask that all posts that are venting/ranting in nature and not specifically having to do with discussion of leaks in particular be taken to the Venting Thread.

Secondly, there have been several instances of uncredited fanart that have been posted here. We're going to ask that you please source the artist of the fanart somewhere in your post. Failure to do so will result in the post being removed and possible warnings.

Thank you for reading,

- VG Staff

@Grass Type Gardenia I hope so but anything is possible. Think Sandslash
Yet it's pokedex entrey clearly describes of it being a ''Mouse Pokemon'', Ponyta and Rapidash clearly states ''Fire Horse Pokemon''. It will be odd for them to make the Galarian Form anything but Fire, unless Fire Horse not what it describes in the original Japanese.

Yet it's pokedex entrey clearly describes of it being a ''Mouse Pokemon'', Ponyta and Rapidash clearly states ''Fire Horse Pokemon''. It will be odd for them to make the Galarian Form anything but Fire, unless Fire Horse not what it describes in the original Japanese.
They could always pull a Hoopa Unbound on us.

Do we even have a fire/fairy type pokemon yet?
i won't mind if ponyta would be the first one. tho, being a fire type won't make sense because it lives on a forest.

What about the non-Ground type Sandshrew?

Since Ponyta and Rapidash are both ''Fire Horse Pokemon'', it's easy to assume that their Galarian counterparts will be Fire/Fairy Types.

Are they referred to as Fire Horse Pokémon in Japanese? Also, I don’t think GameFreak cares all that much about species categorization considering Sandshrew is categorized as a mouse Pokémon despite not being a mouse. All in all, just because Ponyta and Rapidash are called Fire Horse Pokémon doesn’t guarantee that their Galarian form will be part Fire in my opinion.

Do we even have a fire/fairy type pokemon yet?
i won't mind if ponyta would be the first one. tho, being a fire type won't make sense because it lives on a forest.
Actually, you could argue that Ponyta had to get exposed to mystical energy in order to filter its fire powers in order to keep the forest from burning up. This lore would allow would allow Galarin Ponyta to either have Fairy/Fire dual typing or it loses its Fire-type and gains an ability that's the Fire-type equivalent of Dhelmise's Steelworker. Thus, it' Fire Horse category can still make sense.

Actually, you could argue that Ponyta had to get exposed to mystical energy in order to filter its fire powers in order to keep the forest from burning up. This lore would allow would allow Galarin Ponyta to either have Fairy/Fire dual typing or it loses its Fire-type and gains an ability that's the Fire-type equivalent of Dhelmise's Steelworker. Thus, it' Fire Horse category can still make sense.
I would like the second option.
it might get triple stab if rapidash turns into fairy/flying pegasus/alicorn

I would like the second option.
it might get triple stab if rapidash turns into fairy/flying pegasus
It's funny: that's exactly what made me think of the second option in the first place! :D(y)

Since Ponyta and Rapidash are both ''Fire Horse Pokemon'', it's easy to assume that their Galarian counterparts will be Fire/Fairy Types.
Zigzagoon is called the Tiny Raccoon (Dog) Pokémon and yet they based its Galarian form on a badger- I don't think they really care what the category says.

I'm still in the Grookey will become feminine camp hahaha

With how secretive their being about the starters, I feel like their designs will really surprise us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom