• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
..... Ice resists ice. That's it. Even Poison type for some love in Gen VI. We need atleast some rebalancing. Ice is a decent offensive type sure but ice type Pokémon are rarely used. I still think resisting water would be good.

Ice's biggest problem is that whenever you would need to use an Ice type against an enemy you are better off just using a water type with an ice type move. This could be alieviated if they stopped trying to force ice types into defensive niches but they don't.

..... Ice resists ice. That's it. Even Poison type for some love in Gen VI. We need atleast some rebalancing. Ice is a decent offensive type sure but ice type Pokémon are rarely used. I still think resisting water would be good.

More resists would be good, but they are screwed more over by bad stat distribution than resists tbh

Ice's biggest problem is that whenever you would need to use an Ice type against an enemy you are better off just using a water type with an ice type move. This could be alieviated if they stopped trying to force ice types into defensive niches but they don't.

Thats the exact issue. The super fast and aggressive ice types are good and fine, the defensive stat ones are the ones where you may as well run something else.

So after doing some looking. I’m going to guess that Ponyta is definitely fairy, and if it has a secondary typing probably grass. If not grass it will be probably be either ghost (please no) or dark. My reasoning being that the other pokemon they showed in the livestream (minus Pikachu because it is pikachu) were all fairy type except phantump. Which is ghost/grass. Cottonee and Morelull’s line are fairy/grass. Swirlix is pure fairy, and impidimp is fairy/dark. All in all I think it definitely points to it being fairy if nothing else.

So after doing some looking. I’m going to guess that Ponyta is definitely fairy, and if it has a secondary typing probably grass. If not grass it will be probably be either ghost (please no) or dark. My reasoning being that the other pokemon they showed in the livestream (minus Pikachu because it is pikachu) were all fairy type except phantump. Which is ghost/grass. Cottonee and Morelull’s line are fairy/grass. Swirlix is pure fairy, and impidimp is fairy/dark. All in all I think it definitely points to it being fairy if nothing else.
Grass/fairy would be terrible

X4 to poison

There doesn't seem to be anything particularly grass pokemon like about Galarien Ponyta. I could see ghost but not dark at all. Honestly, I'm betting it's pure fairy and it gains a typing when it evolves. If the one without a tail is a gender difference and not just a weird mistake then having the male and the female with different types could be interesting.

There doesn't seem to be anything particularly grass pokemon like about Galarien Ponyta. I could see ghost but not dark at all. Honestly, I'm betting it's pure fairy and it gains a typing when it evolves. If the one without a tail is a gender difference and not just a weird mistake then having the male and the female with different types could be interesting.
I hope it’s a mistake because I cannot stand the no-tail thing. I also really really hope it is not ghost because than I will be even more nervous of it being a shield exclusive...plus I actually cannot see ghost in it at all.

I hope it’s a mistake because I cannot stand the no-tail thing. I also really really hope it is not ghost because than I will be even more nervous of it being a shield exclusive...plus I actually cannot see ghost in it at all.

Ghost makes more sense then grass, but that just might be an impression left over from the live stream based on how quickly it could move and seemed to ignore physicality to some extent. But of course, the simple truth is some mons just don't fit their typings. As I said if I was a betting man pure fairy would be what I put my money down on.

I find it interesting that the patches are what causes the sparks. I definitely think he is going to be an athlete. A runner, or soccer player, or whatever. I still am super unsure on it’s typing.

I find it interesting that the patches are what causes the sparks. I definitely think he is going to be an athlete. A runner, or soccer player, or whatever. I still am super unsure on it’s typing.
I predict an athlete that can do anything that involves physical capability. Running, jumping, lifting, climbing, everything

Hmmmmmmmmm

Fresh off the 4chan Floor:

Pokemon Sword & Shield Info
Hi.
  • Trailer on the 16th and a Pokémon Direct on the 30th of October. Middle evolution will be shown in the on the 16th.
  • The "Ponyta" that was shown during the 24h livestream is not actually a Ponyta, its a pre-evolution.
  • Sonias research will not be a trailer, it will just be a page on the official website.
  • Typings of the middle evolution of the starters are unchanged from the basic evolutions. They are still Grass, Fire and Water.
  • 108 brand new Pokémon
  • 31 Total Galarian Forms.
  • 600+ Pokémon in the GalarDex.
  • Why there was such a confusion with the 18 gym parts is actually pretty simple. The gym leaders get updated overtime. There is a pool of 18 gym leaders and during diffrent times they get either benched or stays on. (For people that dont have Wi-Fi on their switch, it will just stay the same all the time).
  • The gyms will have a big play in post game, as there will be side quests with good rewards that ask you to "defeat the newest gym leader in insert name town".
  • Player customization will be updated regurarly, there will be new clothes. Clothes that only out for a specific time and etc.

Nothing about this sounds unbelievable, but the leak has an expiration date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom