• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
...let's change the topic.

did anyone watch the scorbunny and grookey interview videos?
yes, but did you watch the SOBBLE one.
God bless this depression child

And once again Impidimp has yet to be revealed. I think it's just become a joke to them at this point.
Is there a particular reason they refuse to officially reveal Impidimp? We knew about that thing since June. Also, I hope they have another proper trailer ready for this month, because this just isn't enough.
Someone speculated that it might be because Impidimp’s line is the pseudolegendary one

It’s honestly weird how they’re treating this Pokémon, so I think there’s something going on with it.
I don't think it's pseudo. It's probably just going to be like Trevanant and like not get revealed until right up to the game.

Yet, if you stretch it, Metagross look like a pac-man frog, so it still fits the theme of them being reptile or amphibian.

Dragons are gargoyles too. But at the same time, we already have Druddigon as a dragon gargoyle.

So far everything is pointing at Impidimp being just that, an imp, fae, or human-like gargoyle.

Impidimp's almost reminding me of Cosmog at this point, what with how little we knew/know about them despite their existence being revealed to us. Probably a coincidence though.

according to European mythology the Unicorn was heavily associated with magic which in many cultures is associated with the mind and in Pokemon this represented by psychic type Pokemon like Alakazam or Delphox .
Fairy's still pretty closely to magic, too, though-Dazzling Gleam is even called "Magical Shine" in Japanese.

Fairy's still pretty closely to magic, too, though-Dazzling Gleam is even called "Magical Shine" in Japanese.
I say somewhat but not as much as psychic is with mons like Delphox and things like magician or trick.
There's always hope for its Evolution to gain the type tho

I think Fairy would certainly make more sense aesthetically, but I don't mind being surprised, and I think Psychic is close enough to pass, as it was largely the mystical/magical-themed type before Fairy came around. Call it an homage.

Though we should keep in mind that game balance/battle compatibility can also play a part in type designation. For instance, Frillish wasn't designed as a Ghost-type, but that was added to it later when they decided that the game needed more type diversity. Maybe it was felt by some(one) that the game needed Ponyta to fill the role of a Psychic-type more than a Fairy-type.

I think Fairy would certainly make more sense aesthetically, but I don't mind being surprised, and I think Psychic is close enough to pass, as it was largely the mystical/magical-themed type before Fairy came around. Call it an homage.

Though we should also keep in mind that game balance/battle compatibility can also play a part in type designation. For instance, Frillish wasn't designed as a Ghost-type, but that was added to it later when they decided that the game needed more type diversity. Maybe it was felt by some(one) that the game needed Ponyta to fill the role of a Psychic-type more than a Fairy-type.
Yeah, I feel like they made it psychic for type distribution sake. We got 3 fairy types, Impidimp, Alcremie, ad Galarian Weezing, while we got one Psychic type.

Though we should also keep in mind that game balance/battle compatibility can also play a part in type designation. For instance, Frillish wasn't designed as a Ghost-type, but that was added to it later when they decided that the game needed more type diversity. Maybe it was felt by some(one) that the game needed Ponyta to fill the role of a Psychic-type more than a Fairy-type.
Wasn't that the same thing they did with Stunfisk? I remember reading that it was originally going to be Water/Electric and resembled an anglerfish.

Wasn't that the same thing they did with Stunfisk? I remember reading that it was originally going to be Water/Electric and resembled an anglerfish.

I believe so, yeah.

1. I feel like they tricked me with G-Ponyta the same as A-Raichu with the eyes.
  2. @prog rocker I feel like I'm the opposite of you and that I normally do the red or reddish one (Red, Gold, Ruby, [I got diamond, and initially skipped gen 5], Y, and Sun), but I think like 4th gen I'm getting the blue one. I can't fight the urge to get sword doggo.
  3. what if Impidimp don't become a Gargoyle, but a Goblin???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom