• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really. I don't exactly hate Ryu from Street Fighter because he's fun to use. Same with the Mishimas in Tekken. Kratos from God of War goes into that territory too thanks to PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale. Jotaro is also prominent in Jojo's Bizarre Adventure but he's fun to use.

And if you want an example from Pokémon, Eevee is cool and interesting to me, and in my opinion it feels right using it.
Now it just seems you want Pikachu gone out of personal bias alone

Keep in mind that it’s not only him, or Charizard, that are getting attention, but Meowth too. It’s quite clear to me that the Gigantamax will be used for the anime, and a showdown between Ash’s Pikachu and TR’s Meowth will happen definitely.
I don't mind Meowth that much, considering its mostly given attention only in the anime. Or at least, I can't remember another place that had a Meowth in a prominent role.

I don't mind Meowth that much, considering its mostly given attention only in the anime. Or at least, I can't remember another place that had a Meowth in a prominent role.
that's pretty much meowth's only prominent role, and it's a good one.

While he doesn’t have a prominent role in anything that’s not anime related, as far as I know, he did get an Alolan form, a Gigantamax, and possibly a Galarian form, evolution or cross evolution.

If that’d happen, it means he got two spots in the same generation for something unique, and at least one of them could’ve gone to another Pokémon.

While he doesn’t have a prominent role in anything that’s not anime related, as far as I know, he did get an Alolan form, a Gigantamax, and possibly a Galarian form, evolution or cross evolution.

If that’d happen, it means he got two spots in the same generation for something unique, and at least one of them could’ve gone to another Pokémon.
but the difference between him and pikachu and charizard is that he isn't everywhere all the time except the anime.

True. But like I said, I don't feel that bad about Meowth since it's not that bad. For now at least, considering he has been mostly ignored everywhere until now.

Um, so I have another thought.

Ben Affleak is pretty much canon at this point, but there have been some things that aren’t 100% accurate, like Pamper and the box legendaries being forms instead of separate Pokémon. What if this “spiky ball of grey fur” isn’t Galarian Meowth, but rather Galarian Skitty or Glameow?
I kinda doubt it, considering he's done a good job of identifying pokemon for the most part- I don't think getting Yamper's name wrong by one letter and assuming the wolves were forms (which given how they're apparently introduced without their metal parts early on, makes a lot more sense) really lends toward the possibility that he mistook a Skitty or Glameow for a Meowth. I'm sure he knows what a Meowth looks like, even if it is a variant form.

Charizard as well, I wouldn’t be surprised to see him return to Ash in a peculiar moment of the anime. Although for him, I think the major reason is that he’s Leon’s ace.
Considering they actually ignored Ash's Charizard for the entirety of Kalos in favor of promoting his stupid fake-Mega Greninja, I think I'd actually be more surprised if they did bother to bring it back for the sake of Gigantamaxing it.

but the difference between him and pikachu and charizard is that he isn't everywhere all the time except the anime.

My original point was really about them using those Gigamax for the anime.

And yes, of course Meowth isn’t on the spotlight as much as the others, but it’d still be weird to me to give me a Gigantamax and something else in SwSh.

I’m not debating how irritating it’d be, only that it’d be weird to give him those thighs while one d’odio e be given to another Pokémon.

Considering they actually ignored Ash's Charizard for the entirety of Kalos in favor of promoting his stupid fake-Mega Greninja, I think I'd actually be more surprised if they did bother to bring it back for the sake of Gigantamaxing it.
I'm still wondering why they created Ash-Greninja, considering how (including Charizard), Ash has four Pokémon that can Mega Evolve.

I see your point, and with Leon’s presence, I do think being his ace has more to do with it then the anime. Still, I won’t be surprised if he gets back.

Keep in mind that Greninja became really, really popular, so it’d make sense to promote him...although I’d have preferred something different then the battle
Bond.

I'm still wondering why they created Ash-Greninja, considering how (including Charizard), Ash has four Pokémon that can Mega Evolve.

Because Greninja became immensively popular, topping Charizard (and most others) in polls.
Which is ironic, given how people hated it when he was leaked.

Keep in mind that Greninja became really, really popular, so it’d make sense to promote him...although I’d have preferred something different then the battle
Bond.
Same here. I do like Greninja, but I don't like Ash-Greninja because it was a cheap way to deal with Ash having something that could rival a Mega.

Back on the Charizard thing, part of me hopes they only showed off Charizard for that classic pandering and we'll still see Venusaur and Blastoise forms.
To tell the truth, that would have pleased me. Blastoise was fun to use in my only one Pokémon line challenge that I did with every generation.

I see your point, and with Leon’s presence, I do think being his ace has more to do with it then the anime. Still, I won’t be surprised if he gets back.

Bond.

Because Greninja became immensively popular, topping Charizard (and most others) in polls.
Which is ironic, given how people hated it when he was leaked.
I mean-- prog pretty much hit my point on the head. Ash had a popular pokemon capable of Mega Evolving and instead of bringing it back, they came up with fake-Mega frog instead.

Which I really can't understand why it was so popular- the thing is gross and making it look more like Ash doesn't improve anything.

Back on the Charizard thing, part of me hopes they only showed off Charizard for that classic pandering and we'll still see Venusaur and Blastoise forms.
They didn’t have problems with showing all of them in Gen 6, though.

I have honestly little confidence, especially since the Affleck leak is really on point, and even if not complete, it’d make no sense to know about this Gigantamax from Kanto and not the two other member of the Kanto trio.

I mean-- prog pretty much hit my point on the head. Ash had a popular pokemon capable of Mega Evolving and instead of bringing it back, they came up with fake-Mega frog instead.

Which I really can't understand why it was so popular- the thing is gross and making it look more like Ash doesn't improve anything.
I actually like Greninja quite a lot, but I don’t think it was improved by the battle bond.

As I said, his popularity in Japan likely made them decide to strike the iron when it was hot, with him.

I don't think it was for the sake of pandering, honestly... the whole news cycle has been running on a trend of minimal information. Leon's ace is without a doubt Gigamax Charizard, so it makes sense that they would reveal it now ahead of any Leon/Charizard merch and whatever other leaks that might roll out for it. It's not just for the sake of popularity, it's because it's actually in a pretty significant role.

I think chances are still likely pretty good that the other two Kanto starters might get Gigamax forms, but since they aren't set to be marketed with a major character, they're not being pushed out in this minimal info news cycle. Which kinda has to make you question what, if any, significance Butterfree has.

They didn’t have problems with showing all of them in Gen 6, though.

I have honestly little confidence, especially since the Affleck leak is really on point, and even if not complete, it’d make no sense to know about this Gigantamax from Kanto and not the two other member of the Kanto trio.
Affleck leak doesn't mention Charizard at all, though?

I don't think it was for the sake of pandering, honestly... the whole news cycle has been running on a trend of minimal information. Leon's ace is without a doubt Gigamax Charizard, so it makes sense that they would reveal it now ahead of any Leon/Charizard merch and whatever other leaks that might roll out for it. It's not just for the sake of popularity, it's because it's actually in a pretty significant role.

I think chances are still likely pretty good that the other two Kanto starters might get Gigamax forms, but since they aren't set to be marketed with a major character, they're not being pushed out in this minimal info news cycle. Which kinda has to make you question what, if any, significance Butterfree has.

Affleck leak doesn't mention Charizard at all, though?
Wait, he didn’t? I do remember a leak that talked about it, but it might be someone else.

In that case, yeah, I guess there might be more possibilities for Blastoise and Venusaur, but I still think it’s suspect they didn’t show them yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom