• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, he didn’t? I do remember a leak that talked about it, but it might be someone else.
Weird, I could have sworn one of the four confirmed leaks mentioned G-Charizard, but apparently none of them did. Mandela effect?
inb4 they're not even in the dex
That's the thing that would make me hate Charizard.

Wait, he didn’t? I do remember a leak that talked about it, but it might be someone else.

In that case, yeah, I guess there might be more possibilities for Blastoise and Venusaur, but I still think it’s suspect they didn’t show them yesterday.
I really think the only reason we got Charizard yesterday was because of Leon. Each of the G-max forms shown (aside from Butterfree, as far as we know) had some sort of significance to them- Pikachu and Eevee tie in with LGPE, Meowth is the early purchase gift, and Charizard is very obviously Leon's main and going to be part of the story. It was a pretty pointed selection, so I think the only indicator here is that the other two Kanto starters just aren't important to reveal gift or story-wise.

XD But yeah, I don't know about leaks... I think some have mentioned it, but we all had pretty much called that Charizard was going to get a Gigamax as soon as we saw it behind Leon anyway. It was just a given at that point, no way the Champion wasn't going to Gigamax his main.

I really think the only reason we got Charizard yesterday was because of Leon. Each of the G-max forms shown (aside from Butterfree, as far as we know) had some sort of significance to them- Pikachu and Eevee tie in with LGPE, Meowth is the early purchase gift, and Charizard is very obviously Leon's main and going to be part of the story. It was a pretty pointed selection, so I think the only indicator here is that the other two Kanto starters just aren't important to reveal gift or story-wise.

XD But yeah, I don't know about leaks... I think some have mentioned it, but we all had pretty much called that Charizard was going to get a Gigamax as soon as we saw it behind Leon anyway. It was just a given at that point, no way the Champion wasn't going to Gigamax his main.
The problem is Butterfree, as compared to the other doesn’t have any relevance, seemingly, or connection to characters we met. If they’d have revealed only the four shown on Corocoro, I’d be more hopeful on Venusaur and Blastoise.

We’ll have to wait and see, I guess.

View: https://imgur.com/ihjt2iC

That’s a leak discussed on resetera right now, not sure if it’s new or not, but I figured to post it here anyway.

Leak is interesting, and I would literally cry tears of joy if Bisharp gets an evo, but why would they make a Galarian Luxray Normal / Dark when we already have Galarian Linoone with the same typing?

No?
it's just that game freak need to learn their lesson about putting gen 1 in everyone's throat.
I don’t think not having Blastoise and Venusaur in the game will accomplish something about gen 1 pandering, except making people dislike Charizard.

If there’ll be something that would lead to a massive aumont of criticism, it’d be Gigantamax and Galarian forms mostly. restricted to Kanto Pokémon,

Leak is interesting, and I would literally cry tears of joy if Bisharp gets an evo, but why would they make a Galarian Luxray Normal / Dark when we already have Galarian Linoone with the same typing?
That’s what made me think it might be fake. In Alola we got Meowth, Rattata and Grimer lines with the Dark typing, but they had different combinations. It makes zero sense to have Luxray on the same type combo of Zigzagoon (and I’d be pissed in any case, as it’d make Luxray worse. If they should give him a type combo without Electric, I’d hope for a cooler type then Normal).

Other then that, I don’t like much the legendary bits of the leak.

I don’t think not having Blastoise and Venusaur in the game will accomplish something about gen 1 pandering, except making people dislike Charizard.

If there’ll be something that would lead to a massive aumont of criticism, it’d be Gigantamax and Galarian forms mostly. restricted to Kanto Pokémon,
Fixed my post, accidentally sent it too early

Could potentially change how the story is done which is exciting to me.
Just imagine the Aether Base segment with Team Skull grunts instead of Aether employees. Even if Team Yell don't work for the actual villains, they're going to serve as grunt fodder and the actual climax is probably not going to be all that special compared to SM/USUM.

And regardless of the rumor, Oleana could have employees do her grunt work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom