• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
About Disagreements
Hey everyone,

Quick reminder that although healthy disagreement between users is fine (I mean, not everyone agrees on everything, of course), that we keep it as civil as possible, and there's no need for any of it to get out of hand. If you find a discussion is getting a bit too heated, it might be wise to take a breather. Worst come to worst, both parties can agree to disagree, but it shouldn't be anything personal.

EDIT: Also, keep in mind that we don't want to derail the thread too much, as this is primarily a leaks discussion thread.

Thanks for reading,

- VG Staff

Last edited:
I don’t understand how people would criticize TF and not TA/TM. The latter two had the worst goals of an evil team in mainline Pokémon games so far, and hopefully it’d stay that way.

I guess the only justification would be that it was actually the first time they were planning a goal for the evil team that wasn’t simply dominating and controlling the region like Team Rocket, as well as inserting the legendaries in the main plot of the games...but it was still really, really stupid.

You know, Team Flare had a reasonable goal as far as evil teams go, and an interesting one at that. World is overpopulated? Not enough resources and generosity to go around? Just pull a Thanos and kill half of them all the selfish ones. There was some potential to explore some interesting concepts with the idea of overpopulation and genocide that X and Y unfortunately did not deliver in my opinion.

You know, Team Flare had a reasonable goal as far as evil teams go, and an interesting one at that. World is overpopulated? Not enough resources and generosity to go around? Just pull a Thanos and kill half of them all the selfish ones. There was some potential to explore some interesting concepts with the idea of overpopulation and genocide that X and Y unfortunately did not deliver in my opinion.
Ironically enough, those were the exact same people they were saving. Kinda reminds me of that one scene in 2012 where it is seen that they are only saving rich people.

Let's talk about Raihan. Who is he and why can't Game Informer talk about him when the official site literally has a screen shot up where Leon is addressing him?
My guess is that maybe was an error? I wonder if they did not mean to post his name...maybe he is Leon’s rival though? Lost to him for the championship. It’s too bad that we know Leon endorses you....ooooh maybe he endorses Marnie! Someone to go against the main protagonist (and Leon’s brother) in an attempt to derail his championship lineage?

edit: He could be behind team yell even. If it increases her chances, and therefore his chances, of dethroning Leon. Does not really make him a bad guy. Just annoying

I don’t understand how people would criticize TF and not TA/TM. The latter two had the worst goals of an evil team in mainline Pokémon games so far, and hopefully it’d stay that way.

I guess the only justification would be that it was actually the first time they were planning a goal for the evil team that wasn’t simply dominating and controlling the region like Team Rocket, as well as inserting the legendaries in the main plot of the games...but it was still really, really stupid.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure if Team Aqua/Magma came any time after Plasma and Aether/Skull they'd be a lot more criticized. Team Flare suffered because not only were they poorly written, but they came after GF shown that they could do better, so it made their flaws even more apparent since fans were more willing to pick them apart. TA and TM came after Team Rocket, which were used for excuse plots, so there wasn't much reason to critique the teams when no one really cared to explore their issues deeper.

Ah, interesting. Maybe he becomes embittered by his loss to Leon and thus attempts to sabotage him. Or perhaps Raihan refuses to accept his loss, believing that Leon cheated in some way and thus tries to "prove" that.
....actually, I think I found another interesting angle. Since we know major characters tend to be named after plants, I went to look up what Raihan was. Apparently it's another name for basil?

According to Wikipedia...
The name "basil" comes from Latin, basilius, and Greek βασιλικόν φυτόν (basilikón phutón), "royal/kingly plant", possibly because the plant was believed to have been used in production of royal perfumes.

Now why does this mystery character apparently have a royal/kingly plant name?

Also a random thought, but I think maybe GF teased gmax butterfree. In the interview with game informer. They did not really answer the question about what pokemon they did not like, and instead stated that they did not expect caterpie to do as well as it did. Kind of a random choice I thought, but now it makes sense.

Now why does this mystery character apparently have a royal/kingly plant name?
I hate to give any credit to the Marnie is a princess thing (not because I dislike it. Just don’t believe it) but that would kind of fit....more on the idea that he endorses Marnie now.

(sorry for the double post but I wanted to comment on that)

Do we have any idea how the day/night cycle works in this one? I’m positive we will have it, but with the wild area and camping I’m not sure if it will be real time or not.

Personally, I think Marnie is related to Chairman Rose. Considering Marnie's name in Japanese is Mary and Rose is clearly his last name...the pun is there.

If anything Raihan is either related (basil and rosemary are both mints), and/or there's going to be some kind of Lusamine/Aether type twist somewhere again.

Personally, I think Marnie is related to Chairman Rose. Considering Marnie's name in Japanese is Mary and Rose is clearly his last name...the pun is there.

If anything Raihan is either related (basil and rosemary are both mints), and/or there's going to be some kind of Lusamine/Aether type twist somewhere again.
In French chairman Rose is Sherhoz and Marnie is Rosemary, that would mean that her fullname would be Rosemary Sherhoz. That would be strange and a really bad localization having twice the reference to "rose".

In French chairman Rose is Sherhoz and Marnie is Rosemary, that would mean that her fullname would be Rosemary Sherhoz. That would be strange and a really bad localization having twice the reference to "rose".
To be fair, the localization at the time of choosing the names might’ve not known the full script of the game and the relationships between the characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom