• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darn it my brain decided when it heard 'seeing the doggos without their armor on' that I should picture the player character stumbling into a clearing in the woods and finding the legendary sitting in a hammock with vacation clothes on.

Then the legendary going "I'M ON VACATION GO AWAY, YEESH CAN'T I GET A MOMENT'S PEACE!?"

I think it's more than likely a new Pokemon. If only because it has such an unusual shape and it kinda looks like it fills a role similar to Chansey in the old games. Like a partner/assistant Pokemon. Also there's a part near the guys hand that also looks odd (it kinda looks like a button)....but it's hard to tell if that's part of...whatever this thing is.

I mean it could just be a doll or mascot for the cafe....but my gut is telling me Pokemon. (I feel like a doll/mascot would probably be smaller and sitting on the counter itself instead of behind it)

Not to mention we got some pictures of inside the Pokemon Center from the recent reviews and I don't think any of the recent images show off that section of the building. (it's either the main counter or the shop)

It's definitely giving me a living doll/jester vibe.

Last edited:
Darn it my brain decided when it heard 'seeing the doggos without their armor on' that I should picture the player character stumbling into a clearing in the woods and finding the legendary sitting in a hammock with vacation clothes on.

Then the legendary going "I'M ON VACATION GO AWAY, YEESH CAN'T I GET A MOMENT'S PEACE!?"

Okay, now I WANT to see that happen. I would bust a gut if that actually happened (and can now envision some sort of spoof that would take that idea and run with it). Thanks for the laugh, I needed it.

Starter evos are not going to overshadow an announcement for a new game or another game showing off some actual features. Thinking that it is that big of news that everyone will forget everything else is just narrow pokemon fan logic.

Agreed thats like saying they cant do a smash reveal in a standard direct because of overshadowering lol

Nintendo Directs represent all things nintendo, features, gameplay, characters, news and whatnot, nothing is too good or too poor for it.

Agreed thats like saying they cant do a smash reveal in a standard direct because of overshadowering lol

Nintendo Directs represent all things nintendo, features, gameplay, characters, news and whatnot, nothing is too good or too poor for it.
Also, people are saying this as if Smash or Animal Crossing didn't have fanbases as devoted as the Pokémon one.

You guys think we will get starter updates soon ?

On Oct 27th, Gen 7 starters got their final evolutions while we don't have the second stages yet.

On Oct 27th, Gen 7 starters got their final evolutions while we don't have the second stages yet.
I'm pretty sure that before Gen 7, the starter final evolution were never reveal before release (except Blaziken). The only reason they did for Gen 7 was because it leaked like 5 months before hand and everyone keep bringing it up. Heck, a fan even got Masuda to sign a fan-art of them way before the reveal.

Gen 7 had a lot of things revealed before release, unlike Sw/Sh (the intricacies of which have been mentioned quite a lot).

The Dexit and the interviews kind of give me a small hope that the amount of new Pokémon entries will be decent this time (100 or so).

25 days left.

I'm pretty sure that before Gen 7, the starter final evolution were never reveal before release (except Blaziken). The only reason they did for Gen 7 was because it leaked like 5 months before hand and everyone keep bringing it up. Heck, a fan even got Masuda to sign a fan-art of them way before the reveal.

Yeah but in previous Generations we did get second stage evolutions revealed by now.

I mean as far as we know they're doing this to curb leaks as big as Wottergate, the final SM starter leaks, and the Riddler leaks. They're doing a pretty good job of it if nothing other than Coro Coro cover came out a few hours before the trailer. I also feel like the New Riddler leak just got lucky with the Mothra = Giga Butterfree comparison since there's already a Mothra-based pokemon and Game Freak likes their Kaiju.

I've also just now realized that by setting the new anime in every region, they also cut down the possibility of the setti leaks as well. Like if it's set in Kanto with just Scorebunny, the other starters, and Yamper...then there wouldn't be any leaks like Pansage and Axew again either.

Agreed. People are STILL trying to compare them to try and see what’s coming... I don’t get it.
I think it's mostly related to how uncertainty is super uncomfortable for a lot people. Not having any idea what's coming, or when, is not exactly ideal. So they tend to cling to somewhat similar things in the past (here: past release cycles) and try to find patterns or anything they can base their predictions on.

Well, and then there's people who don't think too hard about this, and thus just...well, take what's coming and go from there, pretty much.

And all the others in between those "extremes".

On this note, it's kind of fun how this time around, no matter what we'd expect based on past experiences, Game Freak gives us something else entirely. No starter evolutions, no cover legendary types, instead a 24h stream, and so on and so forth.

well, not knowing anything about the starters I am sure contributes to the anxiety. Because that means they don't have their starter permanently chosen yet. Without knowing for sure what starter you are going with, you have absolutely no vague idea of what your team may be like.

Yeah, sadly everyone can't be like me and have sold my soul to fire types by generation three. I was a very pyromanic wee one. I'll still choose Scorbunny if they decide to make him fire/fighting again (I'll just wish spiders upon the gamefreak office). I would still kinda like to see the theme the line's going with so I can more appropriately pick a name if I can think of a good one for the theme.

well, not knowing anything about the starters I am sure contributes to the anxiety. Because that means they don't have their starter permanently chosen yet. Without knowing for sure what starter you are going with, you have absolutely no vague idea of what your team may be like.
Technically, we do know Grookey becomes a gorilla with drums, Scorbunny a fighter and Sobble a spy.

Personally I can see Sobble's evolutions going somewhat along the lines of the Lizalfos from Zelda BOTW. ...maybe I also just don't want any of the starters to look too human, so Lizalfos seems like a decent enough direction.

Yeah, sadly everyone can't be like me and have sold my soul to fire types by generation three. I was a very pyromanic wee one. I'll still choose Scorbunny if they decide to make him fire/fighting again (I'll just wish spiders upon the gamefreak office). I would still kinda like to see the theme the line's going with so I can more appropriately pick a name if I can think of a good one for the theme.
I'm getting both games since BW which just means I'll have to decide which starter not to pick which is... A bit easier lol
Before that I had the habit to get all 3 starters in my run via trade to avoid having to choose in general.
Overall I'm most sold on the Grass types, though, Water being a very close second. It's not like I dislike the Fire starters, just usually prefer at least one of the others. On this note, the only starters I overall dislike are Snivy, Fennekin and the Alola starters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom