• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Via a google search:

Before it was officially revealed, fans pronounced it as "AR-see-uss", as does Pokémon Battle Revolution. Then, a promotional trailer for Arceus and the Jewel of Life pronounced it as "Ar-SAY-us". Its official pronunciation was then revealed in a Pokémon.com mailbag as "ARK-ee-us".

So, officially ARK-ee-us, but even official pokemon media has accidentally called it otherwise.

That being said, I feel like this is all irrelevant to this thread...Is there a discussion thread on this site for pokemon (and trainer, I guess) pronounciations? If not it might be useful for someone to make one.

Every single Bea I've come across pronounces it like bee. You know... Like the other English words sea, tea, pea, etc. All of y'all arguing that it's not like bee... Phew. You ever met a Bea?

Here's what I think that the Gyms will be, based on my own interpretations and credible leaks:
Milo (Grass)
Nessa (Water)
Kabu (Ice)
Opal (Fairy)
Bea (Fighting)/Allister (Ghost)

After this, I think that the next gym is version exclusive, with it being Fire in one version and Steel in the other, followed by Dragon and Electric Gyms.

The Ice/Dark debacle could be finally solved; the Gym is Ice in one version and Dark in the other.

Conspiracy- Keeping the dark gym exclusive to Shield is a way to increase sales for it since they’re afraid more people will choose offensive Sword

All hail Enos' mom, the only person allowed to determine how words are pronounced.

Summarizing the video (like mods have asked):

I'm calling BS. Who the heck gives out their job info first thing in a "leak"?

All hail Enos' mom, the only person allowed to determine how words are pronounced.

Summarizing the video (like mods have asked):

I'm calling BS. Who the heck gives out their job info first thing in a "leak"?
I like how they really try to make it seem legit that they're working on the japanese episodes when it's obvious they're english.

Also Yanmega was one of Jessie's least notable pokemon, why would they bring it back?

Yeah, I'm calling fake on this one too. A lot of things just seem like ideas of new territory, which is cool. But I just don't see some of these things actually happening. There are a few sensible things though.
  • The hyena Pokemon following and playing tricks on Team Rocket is a cute idea, that seems plausible, as they might want to continue to have that sort of Bewear trope, but freshen it up a little bit. I could easily see them doing something like this.
  • James' Mime Jr. evolving. Yep, I can see this happening too. We still don't have for sure confirmation that regional variants are happening, but if they did have one I can totally see them bringing Mime Jr. back and having James evolve it.
But there are some problems, as I mentioned before.
  • While having Ash travel with a rival (well, in-game rival) is new territory, I can't see Ash exclusively traveling with Hop. Their personalities, at least from what we have seen of Hop from in-game, are somewhat similar. Ash is striving to be the very best (like no one ever was), and Hop is aiming to be champion like his older brother. So thus, the best. If they were to have them both traveling together, they would have to have some extra personality in there, so the audience has another personality to relate to. Preferably female, so the female audience can feel like they have some representation.
  • Team Rocket catching and having a starter Pokemon is also new territory, but I just don't think they would do that. It's fine for us older fans, but younger fans do tend to view Team Rocket as evil (even though they really only cause trouble). They try to steal Ash's Pikachu, so thus that makes them the bad guys. Starters should be viewed as good, as they want them to appeal to the kids if they were o pick up a Pokemon game and play it. I don't think they would want these younger minds to associate a starter Pokemon with the "this is a bad guy Pokemon".
  • Ash catching a Yamper. Sure, Ash uses multiple Pokemon with the same typing all the time (Noivern and Talonflame both being part flying as a good example). But I think the reason why Ash has never used another electric type Pokemon is because they want Ash's Pikachu to be more special to him. I just can't see this happening.
  • Bertha? As in, old lady Bertha from Sinnoh's Elite 4? That Bertha? Wha? Why?! Like I guess I can see them maybe wanting to show off a Sinnoh trainer if Sinnoh games are being remade next, but like, why then? Idk, just doesn't feel right.
Some of these points don't discredit this leak the best, but I honestly don't think this is happening. This is too many things that raise a red flag. So I'm going fake. I really hope it's fake too. I'm not interested in seeing Ash only travel with one other person.

I'm not interested in seeing Ash only travel with one other person.
Oof yeah- I think we know the anime well enough by now to know that Ash always has at least one male and one female companion on every adventure. Him only traveling with Hop is a no-go.

Plus there's the issue of the fact that Hop is a rival. Every town Ash stops in, they would have to both battle the gym. Note how on none of Ash's previous journeys has any of his companions had the same goal as Ash- it gives the show more to focus on without having to double up on gym battles.

No way Jessie catches Sobble, also how do you make a hyena cute anyway?

Poochyena isn't exactly cute ...

Yeah, I'm calling fake on this one too. A lot of things just seem like ideas of new territory, which is cool. But I just don't see some of these things actually happening. There are a few sensible things though.
  • The hyena Pokemon following and playing tricks on Team Rocket is a cute idea, that seems plausible, as they might want to continue to have that sort of Bewear trope, but freshen it up a little bit. I could easily see them doing something like this.
  • James' Mime Jr. evolving. Yep, I can see this happening too. We still don't have for sure confirmation that regional variants are happening, but if they did have one I can totally see them bringing Mime Jr. back and having James evolve it.
But there are some problems, as I mentioned before.
  • While having Ash travel with a rival (well, in-game rival) is new territory, I can't see Ash exclusively traveling with Hop. Their personalities, at least from what we have seen of Hop from in-game, are somewhat similar. Ash is striving to be the very best (like no one ever was), and Hop is aiming to be champion like his older brother. So thus, the best. If they were to have them both traveling together, they would have to have some extra personality in there, so the audience has another personality to relate to. Preferably female, so the female audience can feel like they have some representation.
  • Team Rocket catching and having a starter Pokemon is also new territory, but I just don't think they would do that. It's fine for us older fans, but younger fans do tend to view Team Rocket as evil (even though they really only cause trouble). They try to steal Ash's Pikachu, so thus that makes them the bad guys. Starters should be viewed as good, as they want them to appeal to the kids if they were o pick up a Pokemon game and play it. I don't think they would want these younger minds to associate a starter Pokemon with the "this is a bad guy Pokemon".
  • Ash catching a Yamper. Sure, Ash uses multiple Pokemon with the same typing all the time (Noivern and Talonflame both being part flying as a good example). But I think the reason why Ash has never used another electric type Pokemon is because they want Ash's Pikachu to be more special to him. I just can't see this happening.
  • Bertha? As in, old lady Bertha from Sinnoh's Elite 4? That Bertha? Wha? Why?! Like I guess I can see them maybe wanting to show off a Sinnoh trainer if Sinnoh games are being remade next, but like, why then? Idk, just doesn't feel right.
Some of these points don't discredit this leak the best, but I honestly don't think this is happening. This is too many things that raise a red flag. So I'm going fake. I really hope it's fake too. I'm not interested in seeing Ash only travel with one other person.
• They are only traveling together temporarily.
• Good point imo
• Patterns aren't real. Otherwise they wouldn't be broken.
The leak I don't know about overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom