• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean that's your choice, and not everyone is going to feel that way. Besides, I've known the full dex ahead of time since gen 4 when I started following Serebii's coverage of Pokemon news.
And honestly, looking through the whole DP Pokedex and figuring out what team I'm going to build along with my brother before we both got the games was a fun experience. Fun enough that's how I play the games nowadays.
All these years I usually do the same as you and it's fun, but this time I want to experience something new. I want to decide my team during my playthrough. I can't wait to run into the grass and spot a cute Pokemon for my team that I haven't seen before.

I found this Leak on 4chan. It did predict that ponyta's galarian form.
View attachment 126986

This rumor is fake.
  1. Natu is confirmed in regular form in the wild.
  2. During E3, we saw Max Raid Battles and they used a Regular Pokeball/Premier Ball to catch the Pokemon (Would be weird if the Gigaball looks exactly the same as a Premier Ball, but bigger).
  3. I doubt the translation team will use Humo as a Pokemon name, since it sounds way to much like Homo and i doubt they want that and its inspired by a Nightingale (I doubt a Nightgale evolves into a Raven/Crow like Corviknight).
  4. We recently saw that we get a Fire Gym (This rumor doesn't list one).
  5. Potentially every single Pokemon will be obtainable in Raid Battles. Yeah, not happening, since then there is no point in cutting the dex.

I doubt the translation team will use Humo as a Pokemon name, since it sounds way to much like Homo and i doubt they want that and its inspired by a Nightingale (I doubt a Nightgale evolves into a Raven/Crow like Corviknight).
"Humo" means "smoke" in Spanish. I don't think they are likely to use a name that is too in the nose if what I'm picturing is correct.

When the game does get datamined, I do want to know how many new Pokemon are in the game (and how many Pokemon are in the game, period) but I don't want to know which ones. Is there going to be a semi-spoiler thread for people who want that sort of information? Or is there somebody I can PM for it.

When the game does get datamined, I do want to know how many new Pokemon are in the game (and how many Pokemon are in the game, period) but I don't want to know which ones. Is there going to be a semi-spoiler thread for people who want that sort of information? Or is there somebody I can PM for it.
If I'm the first to get to the datamine, I think I will do like they did in Smogon and open a datamine thread so everything gets contained there. Don't know how I will format it aside from putting a big warning for spoilers.

who's avoiding spoilers? if the game leaked
Looks at thread title

The target audience of the thread are literally people trying to seek extra spoilers through leaks...

I don't think they are likely to use a name that is too in the nose if what I'm picturing is correct.
Well... we’ve got thinks like Blacky, Fire, Thunder and Freezer in Japanese.

Seal and Hoot-hoot in English, too.

If I'm the first to get to the datamine, I think I will do like they did in Smogon and open a datamine thread so everything gets contained there. Don't know how I will format it aside from putting a big warning for spoilers.

Right, and I guess I don't really need to know, but it would be nice to help me decide if Im getting a new or used copy.

I'd love if there was a thread dedicated to new Pokemon, forms and what old Pokemon are returning. Basically a datamine thread without any story/character spoilers.

Basically a datamine thread without any story/character spoilers.
Same, except there're some situations where there'd likely be a story spoiler within the data regardless. Like Cosmog evolving into Solgaleo and Lunala.

i will be honest with you guys... when it comes to a datamine thread, it feels kinda weird to pick and choose what you're spoiled by since by definition walking into that sort of thread you're pretty much agreeing to be spoiled by everything under the sun.

i guess story spoilers can still be covered under the spoiler tags while everything else is free game

I'd love if there was a thread dedicated to new Pokemon, forms and what old Pokemon are returning. Basically a datamine thread without any story/character spoilers.
Don't know how I would deal with that. Everything will be in spoiler tags because the amount of info would be enormous, so you can pick whatever you want to read. Don't know if I will do another just so people can comment only on the Pokémon or ask them to put story-related info on spoilers.

EDIT: And colours was faster than me.

Considering I won't be picking the game up at release if I do pick one up, I have zero temptation to hold off for "surprise encounters." XD Would be too much time spent avoiding the internet for that and I've got a pokemon group to run so I gotta know them all as soon as I can anyway.

Story spoilers are something that I don't try to read unless I feel like I definitely won't be getting around to completing the game anytime soon- and even then, I only read bits and pieces.

The games are releasing on November 15. We are 19 days away from release. For reference a full datemine of Sun and Moon came out on November 8 (SPOILERS! - (Look Here First!!!) Pokemon Sun and Moon - Mine Resource Thread), while the game released November 18 (10 days away). I wish I could find the tweets where they said this but the dudes behind pkhex (SciresM and Kaphotics) have an insider who help them acquire early copies. I think it might be different this time around for the switch but I'm not fully sure on that detail.
Kaphotics and his dudes are real active on Twitter hinting at a major datamine soon. Go read their Tweets.

Same. I don't even have a Switch, consoles are way too expensive in my country. I'll be looking at everything.
Same here. Then again, even if I had a Switch (and the money to get SwSh), I would be reading the datamine because I'm way too curious for my own good.

Kaphotics and his dudes are real active on Twitter hinting at a major datamine soon. Go read their Tweets.
Should I make a datamine thread now, or should I wait till it actually happens? Knowing Kaphotics, PkHex compatibility with SwSh will be there at release if the datamine comes soon, which is good for me since otherwise my "only one Pokémon" challenge would fail (since I use PkHex to replace the starter).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom