• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please remind me of the themes to each Region, since this is how GF picks a location for their next games...

Kanto (Tokyo, Japan) - First Game
Johto (Kyoto, Japan) - Tradition
Hoenn (Kyushu, Japan) - Climate
Sinnoh (Hokkaido, Japan) - Origin
Unova (New York City, USA) - Dreams
Kalos (Northern France) - Beauty
Alola (Hawaii, USA) - Culture
Galar (Great Britain) - Strength

If that's how it goes?

Last edited:
I still totally believe there is a possiblity of eeveelutions. They have revealed very little and the only eeveelution ever revealed before launch was Sylveon. I see no reason to believe otherwise
The only Eeveelution we'll probably get is Gigantamax Eevee.

A friend mentioned seeing that leak and another one. Didn't take a screenshot of either so I had to hunt the other one down... Yay for going to 4chan...

Honestly... Not interesting at all, as it also piggybacks off of other "leaks" we've seen before.
Regardless, I really hope that it's fake if for the fact that I don't want Grookey to evolve into a Grass/Fighting-type...
Oh, fun, it's another "Don't believe me well you'll see" fake, as if overconfidence has ever made these believable.

This guy piggybacked so hard on Affleck that he ripped "looks like a fighter" straight off from it. Also, he took the descriptions for the final evos, even though he claims these are just the first evos of the starters. And then he pretends to know both promo schedules and gameplay that's not seen, as if these would both be shared with one party.

Its fake. Makes no sense whatsoever that Zacian is Steel/Fighting and Zamazenta is Pure Steel, making Zacian SE against the Shield Legendary, while the Shield legendary isn't SE against Zacian (Sword and Shield should be neutral or SE against eachother). Making only one SE (In this case Sword), makes Shield pointless as a legendary.
At this point, i doubt we get new Eeveelutions as well.

Tell that to Xerneas and Yvetal, Solgaleo and Lunala and Ho Oh and Lugia, although the Gen 2 ones get Rock moves to help vs each other lol

We know literally 0 about the Gen 8 legends so we can’t discount anything yet.

Tell that to Xerneas and Yvetal, Solgaleo and Lunala and Ho Oh and Lugia, although the Gen 2 ones get Rock moves to help vs each other lol

It depends what the Legendaries represent really.
Zacian represents Sword/Attack
Zamazenta represents Shield/Defense.
As such, it makes no sense for the Defense legendary to be weak against the Sword legendary, while the Sword legendary doesn't have a weakness against Shield (A Shield can block a sword, making it neutral, and a shield can bash a sword away).

We do know that Zacian's "shining blade can cut through anything" and Zamazenta's "gleaming shield can turn back any attack." It seems weird for Zamazenta to then be weak to one of Zacian's STABs considering the text implies they are equal matches for each other. While other legendary Pokemon have been weak to their counterparts, none have the relationship that Zacian and Zamazenta do. Nothing in gen 7, for example, suggests that Solgaleo and Lunala are evenly matched.

Wait, Ho-Oh and Lugia don't have a type advantage against the other. I think a better example would be Groudon/Kyogre.

i was listing examples of legends that aren’t equal 50 50

But Kyo and Gro can hit each other when X weather is replaced, suppose groudon can thunder lol

A friend mentioned seeing that leak and another one. Didn't take a screenshot of either so I had to hunt the other one down... Yay for going to 4chan...

Honestly... Not interesting at all, as it also piggybacks off of other "leaks" we've seen before.
Regardless, I really hope that it's fake if for the fact that I don't want Grookey to evolve into a Grass/Fighting-type...
First off, we already have an overview trailer, that's usually a sign that's the end to the info. Second, after how secretive they've been for months now, you expect me to believe they take this massive info dump just like that? Also, Grass/Fighting? Really? He couldn't think of any other possible combos?

We do know that Zacian's "shining blade can cut through anything" and Zamazenta's "gleaming shield can turn back any attack." It seems weird for Zamazenta to then be weak to one of Zacian's STABs considering the text implies they are equal matches for each other. While other legendary Pokemon have been weak to their counterparts, none have the relationship that Zacian and Zamazenta do. Nothing in gen 7, for example, suggests that Solgaleo and Lunala are evenly matched.

Life and Death are supposed to be entities in balance, but Yvetal has no chance against a geo herb Xerneas

The sun and moon legends are meant to represent the sun and moon and masculine and feminine energy being 50 50 in reality, but Solgaleo has no chance against Lunala whose ability and attacks can beat it with ease.

Rarely do the box legends reflect their true lore ingame or are equal.

We should be prepared for anything

After someone shared how Leafeon and Glaceon weren’t revealed before DP were released, I still think it’s very possible to have new eeveelutions in SwSh. The only reason Sylveon was promoted was because it was the poster child for a new type.
I mean, sure I can see us getting new eeveelutions this gen, it's just that all of these supposed leaks keep mentioning Steel and Dragon that it makes less and less real.

pets Sylveon plush Perfect introduction to the fairy type.

I won't lie. If this is the end of the information for the new game, I'm gonna be hella disappointed. Especially since they never gave me any information about Impidimp after showing it off MULTIPLE TIMES.

I swear, gamefreak. This game better be good. And Impidimp better be in Shield. Because if its not the only way I'm gonna get one is if I can convince my brother that these games are worth spending money on. And my brother is very hard into the 'No thanks' territory. Especially since he hates how the games feel now that they're 3D. -o-

After someone shared how Leafeon and Glaceon weren’t revealed before DP were released, I still think it’s very possible to have new eeveelutions in SwSh. The only reason Sylveon was promoted was because it was the poster child for a new type.
Yeah but that's like 13 years ago...
eevee is super popular at the moment. it makes no sense to not reveal it.
i think giga eevee is the "eeveelution" for this gen

If this is all we are gonna get before release, and since, save for Sylveon, no other Eeveelutions have been shown before the games they were introduced in released, I definitely think new Eeveelutions are possible.

How much you guys want to bet that the legendaries are just Fighting type. Nothing special, or insane. A type that is not super effective against itself, or resist itself while having been used to represent honor/nobility (think the justice trio, or how fighting is strong versus dark types). It would also tie into them being strong to Eternatus the dark type legendary (supposedly, another leak mentioned that it was bug - a type that resist fighting).

Plus for all the special treatment that legendaries get, how often do we have single type Cover Legendaries? Our last one was Xerneas in gen 6, and before that our last duo was Groudon and Kyogre in gen 3. On top of all that, both of them being Fighting would be the first instance of cover legendaries having the exact same type (There have been instances of types shared like flying, dragon, or psychic, but it was always with something else). Its lame, I know, but it strangely diversify the pool of legendaries we have (their are only 4 fighting legendaries if you do not count mega Mewtwo X, Arceus, or Silvally) and would break the mold in a characteristically Game Freak way (how many people were expecting single type legendaries as oppose to the cool type combos?).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom