• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just dont see the point of complaining about a 20$/year online subscription if you dont even have the console yet... Also complaining about the subscription because you are just buying the console for just one game is just way stupid... the online subscription is not marketed that way... It is like saying it is way to expensive to buy an oven just to toast bread...
That's more like considering to buy a toaster and bread but not doing it because you'd have to pay the electricity extra, I think.

Ok, but if you're not planning on using the online services enough to warrant a $20 payment, don't buy a year's subscription. A single month is $4. Shell out less than the price of a Starbuck's coffee, grab the few trades you want or whatever, and then you don't have to worry about it. 12 months for the price of 5 single months is a really good offer, honestly.
I don't think arguments get anyone anywhere in this topic.
There's people who don't mind paying for a service they use (and more specifically people who actually get something out of the service) and people who'll find this inconvenient, and that inconvenient and every option sucks except for just making it free and available 24/7 just because it used to be.
In all honesty, if it's not worth it for you, then fine, don't buy the subscription, it's your free choice. I just simply don't see any point in complaining about being charged for a service. Maybe most online play for Nintendo games doesn't happen on Nintendo's servers; but online play existing still takes up servers that need to be paid for etc. Plus we get free (S)NES games with Switch Online, Tetris 99, other offers, etc... You really get your money's worth with it, it's just pointless if you'd really use 0 of the features it buys you tbh

On a more on-topic note, I've browsed a lot lately for leaks but hardly found anything. Most things are just obviously joking leaks (like, the leak that claims Grookey is Grass type, Scorbunny is Fire type and Sobble is Water type; one that claims the Water starter becomes Water/Dark and has a pic of Greninja etc.) or people pretending to already have their copy when...they don't.
It's kinda boring and disappointing, really

I just think the subscription idea is a shame... I loved the Wonder Trade. For someone like myself, who only really plays Pokémon and doesn’t really have any friends to play the game with, the Wonder Trade was a great way to receive Pokémon you may not usually encounter- and a way to feel connected to the full community.

I understand the business reasons behind it, it is just a shame.

People are just concerned that there maybe less new Pokemon and more Regional Variants (especially Kanto ones) within the finished game. However one interview did state that SwSh has more new Pokemon in it than in previous Gen games. Plus GF said that they've already reached passed 1000 Pokemon with new/Region Varients/Gigantamax.

Hopefully for new Pokemon, they could push Galar's new Pokemon count up to 200, reaching the 1000 Pokemon mark. (As long as that does not include Regional Varients)
As of Gen 7, there are already 954 unique models, not counting forms that are recolors or the Overdrive Kyurem, Dusk Lycanroc, Ash-Greninja, Cosplay Pikachu or the Hat Pikachus. It would take only 47 pokemon for them to reach over 1000 pokemon in Gen 8, so them having passed the 1000 mark isn't really that notable.

I really doubt that there will be even close to 200 new pokemon in SwSh.

Get a swith lite makes it a 100$ less or get a secondhand switch lite it would be cheaper... Also if you are willinh to invest 260-360$ for pokemon as you have said whats a 20$/year add to it? Not to mention the cost of pokehome too...
That's another $20 a year, and really- that's the thing. I don't know yet that I'm willing to invest $260-360 into a pokemon game, and that extra $20 a year does not help my decision one bit. Especially with Home being a potential unknown cost on top of that. Right now, the benefits nowhere near outweigh the costs.

I just dont see the point of complaining about a 20$/year online subscription if you dont even have the console yet... Also complaining about the subscription because you are just buying the console for just one game is just way stupid... the online subscription is not marketed that way... It is like saying it is way to expensive to buy an oven just to toast bread...
Because the subscription is a major contributing factor to why I may not buy the console or the game. I'm not going to buy the game and console and then complain about the subscription ruining my experience, because that actually would be stupid. Right now I'm just saying- I'm not willing to pay $20 a year just to do trades on occasion. It's not worth it.

And at least for toasting bread there's a $5 alternative called a toaster that will last you years without having to buy another one.

As of Gen 7, there are already 954 unique models, not counting forms that are recolors or the Overdrive Kyurem, Dusk Lycanroc, Ash-Greninja, Cosplay Pikachu or the Hat Pikachus. It would take only 47 pokemon for them to reach over 1000 pokemon in Gen 8, so them having passed the 1000 mark isn't really that notable.

That's another $20 a year, and really- that's the thing. I don't know yet that I'm willing to invest $260-360 into a pokemon game, and that extra $20 a year does not help my decision one bit. Especially with Home being a potential unknown cost on top of that. Right now, the benefits nowhere near outweigh the costs.

Because the subscription is a major contributing factor to why I may not buy the console or the game. I'm not going to buy the game and console and then complain about the subscription ruining my experience, because that actually would be stupid. Right now I'm just saying- I'm not willing to pay $20 a year just to do trades on occasion. It's not worth it.

And at least for toasting bread there's a $5 alternative called a toaster that will last you years without having to buy another one.
No, it'll probably either 80-100 with the way GF are going about it. Most of which will be Regional Variants. Makes me wonder why this huge hype unless it's to squeeze money out of us.

More Pokémon titles will eventually come to the Switch and there might be other niche-games you might enjoy.

I usually have a very busy week-to-week schedule, seeing as I work as a teacher, but I do like to game in the weekend or in the holidays as well as other hobbies. So, yeah, I bought a Switch just for Pokémon.

But, you be you, of course. I understand it's quite a bit of money.

No, it'll probably either 80-100 with the way GF are going about it. Most of which will be Regional Variants. Makes me wonder why this huge hype unless it's to squeeze money out of us.
....I really don't know why you think most of them will be regional variants, there is absolutely no reason at all to think that. We got 18 regional variants in Gen 7 against 88 entirely new pokemon. Even when we got 46 mega evolutions in Gen 6, it didn't beat out the 72 all-new pokemon that we received. It is extremely unlikely that Gen 8 will have a majority of regional variants. Most likely we will receive ~80+ all new pokemon in SwSh plus ~20 regional variants. They won't be a majority.

You're being unnecessarily negative.

it look as if GF hate the UK, just like upturned flags and symbols and such.
I really do wish GF were more honest and helpful for their consumers, and help them as much as they can to explain things further. However it's doubtful because...

1. They would never listen to people that are outside of their office
  2. Aside from James Turner, they wouldn't listen to a word you're saying because it is a Japanese Company
  3. They care more about making money than the consumers.
And it's the secrecy that has already caused strife and division within the community in this year alone. Some have even started a Boycott, which most of the time doesn't work because those that can care less about Dex Cuts nor Exp Share lock will buy them.
(With Kanto pandered into it)

I might be wrong, but that's the sort of concern many have, even me. And that's from viewing them as a business, outside of the comfy bandwagon box.
Can you please stop de-railing unrelated threads just so you can complain about GameFreak and Pokémon as a whole going downhill or extorting their consumers? You literally made a whole thread for that topic yourself.
It’s getting close to release and I’m here to read about leaks. Not conspiracy theories of GF hating the UK and extorting us. Thanks!

There is an alternative hack ur lite(although i dont approve of it) or find someone who have a family subscription that will let u in on it that would lessen the value... Just dont complain on a subscription that is not meant for one game

There is an alternative hack ur lite(although i dont approve of it) or find someone who have a family subscription that will let u in on it that would lessen the value... Just dont complain on a subscription that is not meant for one game
What's the problem if she thinks that the online is too expensive? Is her opinion, there is no problem on it, unless she go on full rant and hate about the games, GF and Nintendo, and she is a very nice user here on that forum

FINALLY SOMEONE SAID IT!
THANK YOU!

And to the other people, PLEASE, PLEASE, STOP FEEDING THAT TROLL, PLEASE!
I am not a troll. If I was then I would've probably told everyone on the site a million fowl-mouth things, which I truly hate. However I do hate it when people just brush me aside and instead pick on my for the wrong reasons than for people to help me with the situation.

That talking thing is already hours old and someone has already spoken their honest opinions which I agree with.

Now, can we please discuss on the topic on this site instead of biting and devouring one and another?

Doing something that's probably illegal isn't really an "option" unless your cost-saving options also include just stealing a Switch and the game from a store, too, in which case... you're really not someone I'm inclined to take advice from. =D

And it's the secrecy that has already caused strife and division within the community in this year alone.
Not seeing how a lack of news has caused people to argue? You generally have to have a topic to argue about.
Some have even started a Boycott,
Over the dex cut, not a lack of news.
It is like saying it is way to expensive to buy an oven just to toast bread...
If you got charged 1/15 of the price of a toaster to be allowed to put spreading on, you'd be kinda annoyed, wouldn't you? Sure, you can have the toast without the spread, and 1/15 of a toaster isn't a huge price to pay, but it's still an added cost on top of the toaster and the bread, and you still have to pay for the spread yourself, so it's kind of annoying to deal with another cost, isn't it?
I suppose the reasoning could be that they've already more than enough Fossil Pokemon: 21
That's if we count every evolution, though-if we count them by evolutionary family, there's only 11.
Eevee has 8 evolutions, and would be awkward to add an extra to the already settled pattern.
I mean, there's also a pattern of a new Eeveelution every other gen-a pattern's going to be broken either way.

Doing something that's probably illegal isn't really an "option" unless your cost-saving options also include just stealing a Switch and the game from a store, too, in which case... you're really not someone I'm inclined to take advice from. =D
I did say i dont approve of it and when did I say steal something...If you dont have the money then dont buy it no one is forcing you and dont complain!

Hacking the Switch to gain access to online services is fairly unfeasible. The online service is run through your Nintendo ID, so you’d actually have to hack Nintendo’s servers. Which is far more illegal than hacking a console, and also very, very hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom