• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just out of curiosity, what do most of you guys find appealing about a snake with a river tube around it's neck, or a troll that was pulled straight out of a 90's Western cartoon, or an anorexic spy lizard? What's so great about a octopus with boxing gloves, that evolves into an octopus with a wrestling mask? Help me understand.

Could say the same about a turtle that gets guns on its back and a Frog that wears its scarf as a tongue and every other weird design out there.
None of the new designs are weak in design or conception with the exception of the scorbunny one. But that will grow on me lol

Just out of curiosity, what do most of you guys find appealing about a snake with a river tube around it's neck, or a troll that was pulled straight out of a 90's Western cartoon, or an anorexic spy lizard? What's so great about a octopus with boxing gloves, that evolves into an octopus with a wrestling mask? Help me understand.

Yes, the Inteleon design; the recent interviews with Game Freak included information that they really designed the starter Pokemon to have a lot of personality.
All of the official ones so far are like that, even a potentially more boring one like Corviknight! It feels quite alive and teeming with presence; and of course, Sobble and the whole starter trio are extra dynamic and vibrant in their designs and movements!
While the overall Inteleon design is believable, the lack of facial expression in the model makes it much less believable (although it is just a still image, though one that didn't even have a full square crop and any sort of background...). They aren't going to make a final stage of the starter Pokemon even come close to being boring! :) The fanart drawing shows how that might be possible, but usually it can be seen in the model itself! (The poses of all of the 3D models leaked are very plain aren't they?)

Skinny =/= anorexic, which is a serious disorder and not something to use to make fun of a design.

Everything else you're describing is literally just the concept of the Pokemon? Like, if you don't like octopi and fighting sports, you're probably not gonna like the design, but if you think it's funny making a boxer out of an animal with several arms to punch with, or you like octopi, you'll probably like the design.
agreed. everyone can like a certain pokemon for different reasons. you not liking a pokemon doesn't mean that everyone has to give you a reason for why they like it.
People just like the way they look, because they think they're cute or cool for various reasons. Maybe they just like snakes or lizards, who knows?

But I still don't understand what is so bad about having an alleged "Western" style for some of these Pokemon?
I have no idea why i like altaria. :)
and i have no idea what they're talking about with the "western" style.
I like two-legged starters, thanks. Easier to hug them and high five them after winning the champion title. :p

Also, people can like whatever they like without having to give you an explaination. I honestly don't get why you have such a hard time accepting that people like things you don't. Just cuz you don't like them doesn't mean they are actually terrible and awful and dumb. THey just are TO YOU. I love every single one of these guys.
yes!

What did I miss? DId we get new pokémon since the reveral of G-Max Mchamp and the starters's final stages?

Yep. Impidimp evolves and got some punchy Octopus's

At least one leaker is a reviewer, possibly the other too. He’s not going to jeopardize himself with videos, I think,

And he did show a shot of the water city from a different angle/position.

I really doubt they’re fake at this point, but if they are, it’s been an hell of a ride.
XD Not sure how my name wound up on that quote there.

Yes, the Inteleon design; the recent interviews with Game Freak included information that they really designed the starter Pokemon to have a lot of personality.
All of the official ones so far are like that, even a potentially more boring one like Corviknight! It feels quite alive and teeming with presence; and of course, Sobble and the whole starter trio are extra dynamic and vibrant in their designs and movements!
While the overall Inteleon design is believable, the lack of facial expression in the model makes it much less believable (although it is just a still image, though one that didn't even have a full square crop and any sort of background...). They aren't going to make a final stage of the starter Pokemon even come close to being boring! :) The fanart drawing shows how that might be possible, but usually it can be seen in the model itself! (The poses of all of the 3D models leaked are very plain aren't they?)
I don’t see how it doesn’t show an expression. It looks smug in the in game shot.

It does look somewhat smug doesn't it! That is a good point!

At least one leaker is a reviewer, possibly the other too. He’s not going to jeopardize himself with videos, I think,

And he did show a shot of the water city from a different angle/position.

I really doubt they’re fake at this point, but if they are, it’s been an hell of a ride.

Yes! The water city with the elephant and citizen alongside it is impressive! However i am a bit confused as to why that is the first of only two screenshots, the second being the camp scene. A battle screenshot would of course have been most welcome!

It does look somewhat smug doesn't it! That is a good point!

Yes! The water city with the elephant and citizen alongside it is impressive! However i am a bit confused as to why that is the first of only two screenshots, the second being the camp scene. A battle screenshot would of course have been most welcome!
I don’t know, I guess that shot was taken at a request on the discord group, since it was different from the previous ones.

Maybe he/they only want to show new Pokémon.

And this is a bad thing? Ever since the Fairy type was announced, I was dying for some creepier, more grotesque fairies that were based on folklore. I'm so glad we finally got them.
Mimikyu got close, then there's the retyping that Wimsicott got being a literal trickster. But it's good that we finally have an actual grotesque looking fairy that isn't a bulldog or a strange little man. We need more of them.

I'm not too keen on the other Pokemon, but the ball python is one of the few leaked 'mons that I like so...

a snake with a river tube around it's neck
EIV1COiWkAAQyuF

While the design is a bit goofy, I do like it; it's very unique for a snake Pokemon and I feel that it has a lot of potential. The head and its expression is great in my opinion and the colors are also nice. I'm a big fan of cream, brown, and black put together.

I'm not too keen on the other Pokemon, but the ball python is one of the few leaked 'mons that I like so...

EIV1COiWkAAQyuF

While the design is a bit goofy, I do like it; it's very unique for a snake Pokemon and I feel that it has a lot of potential. The head and its expression is great in my opinion and the colors are also nice. I'm a big fan of cream, brown, and black put together.
Color scheme is nice, but that's pretty much everything good I can say about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom