• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
EIe6Zx-XUAI9QKO

Aww, Hatenna looks like something straight out of Kirby; a fine Ralts 2.0.

based on extinct animal is all imo
what animal is that. Like, it looks like a dinosaur, but which one specifically?
Same reason Decidueye is part Ghost: it's based on an extinct species? They way it's tail is drawn does make it look sort of ghostly.
the former logic by itself isn't enough reason for somefin to be a ghost though. Though you're right about the tail, I did notice that.
It's head is a stealth bomber. Stealth = ghost.
didn't think of it that way
I'm not terribly sure either, but its tail is rather ethereal looking and calls ectoplasm to mind...so maybe it launches out ectoplasm (the mini-dragons) at its foes?
perhaps...
It's based off a stealth aircraft, called a Nighthawk I thinl, so it can probably turn invisible and attack.
I see....

like, I'm not complaining that it's a ghost, it's just...odd. People pointing out the stealth aircraft thing helps it make more sense though.

EIe6Zx-XUAI9QKO

Aww, Hatenna looks like something straight out of Kirby; a fine Ralts 2.0.
Have people already complained about how feminine it looks? If not I think we'll have to wait till the gender ratio is revealed being 50%.

what animal is that

the former logic by itself isn't enough reason for somefin to be a ghost though. Though you're right about the tail, I did notice that.

Yeah; that's why I phrased it as a question. Decidueye isn't very ghostly either; just stealthy and based on an extinct owl.

The species is the Diplocaulus:

Same reason Decidueye is part Ghost: it's based on an extinct species? They way it's tail is drawn does make it look sort of ghostly.
I don't think "being based on an extinct species" is why Decidueye is part ghost. If being based on an extinct species was the reason why anything was ghost, then we'd have a lot more Ghost-types than we currently do.

Bulbapedia said:
It is most similar to the pueo owl in particular, which is a common physical form of the aumakua, ancestral spirits in Hawaiian culture. This may account for its Ghost typing.

I think I'm starting to get a clearer picture of my in-game team for Shield now.

-Intelleon or Cinderace
-Galarian Rapidash
-Copperajah
-Aegislash
-Roserade or Abomasnow
-Sawk or G-Max Lapras

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom