• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except, this is with entire species of Pokemon, and considering Dexit, these Pokemon could be forced to rot in Home until Sword & Shield are remade, which won't be made for many years.
Home will Most likely be a My Pokemon Ranch so no, they won't be rotting away if there are so many things to do apart from just storing them.

And I'm sure the same would happen for Gen 4, and I only know this thanks to old clues to when people thought Gen 8 will be based in Spain.
....? What are you even saying. You don't need some old imaginary clues to deduce that people will be happy when Gen 4 remakes come out.

Home will Most likely be a My Pokemon Ranch so no, they won't be rotting away if there are so many things to do apart from just storing them.
I don't know that it's a "most likely" thing considering we don't know jackshit about Home except that it's the new Bank.

Trading is neat, but I don't really care about that. Not now. What I do care is how much the service will cost, if it requires renewal, and what will happen to a user's Pokemon if they fail to renew their subscription. Unfortunately these details are always withheld until the last minute.

Okay Bank with trading capabilities.

Other than that, we know jackshit about it.
fandom in a nutshell...

When all I'm doing is staying calm about it. All I'm saying is that Home will be more than just like Bank. We may or may not have Gen 4 Remake for all we know.

To me now looking at SwSh, it makes me think... what's the point of a UK Region. It's too late, we have France with Gen 6 to represent Europe. If they want to base it on the entire world, they may as well make a Region based on Hong Kong, or Beijing, or Sidney, Rio, etc... Many of the things you find in the UK, you can also find in France. There is even a Steam Pokemon so that's out of the window. SwSh had potential, but all I see is just sports when it could've been something more. Even the Gym Leaders (females) don't have as much spark as the previous ones had. In fact Pokemon now has lost it's spark since Gen 4 and 5. Don't ask me how or why, it's just a feeling, like it's missing something that made it Pokemon. Now all I see is trying new gimmicks and surprising us and they really seem to show that they are losing steam (not losing ideas, just steam). And with Pokemon Masters, they might as well call Pokemon a day after Gen 8 and save a lot of time to charge up their batteries. Times have changed, it isn't like 2010 as we are almost about to leave for 2020.

Sorry, I just needed this off my chest. Can you please help me out with this?

Last edited:
To me now looking at SwSh, it makes me think... what's the point of a UK Region. It's too late, we have France with Gen 6 to represent Europe. If they want to base it on the entire world, they may as well make a Region based on Hong Kong, or Beijing, or Sidney, Rio, etc... Many of the things you find in the UK, you can also find in France. There is even a Steam Pokemon so that's out of the window. SwSh had potential, but all I see is just sports when it could've been something more. Even the Gym Leaders (females) don't have as much spark as the previous ones had. In fact Pokemon now has lost it's spark since Gen 4 and 5. Don't ask me how or why, it's just a feeling, like it's missing something that made it Pokemon. Now all I see is trying new gimmicks and surprising us and they really seem to show that they are losing steam (not losing ideas, just steam). And with Pokemon Masters, they might as well call Pokemon a day after Gen 8 and save a lot of time to charge up their batteries. Times have changed, it isn't like 2010 as we are almost about to leave for 2020.

Sorry, I just needed this off my chest. Can you please help me out with this?
What does any of this have to do with this thread?

But ok...so you’re so upset that they chose to base a region off of a country that is too close in proximity to another country we got a game based in to the point where Pokémon should have “ended at gen 4 or 5”. Im afraid I have some disappointing news for you about the first four generations of Pokémon lol.

Galar definitely has a lot more going for it than just “sports” and we’ve still only seen a small part of the games as a whole.

And what’s this about the Female Gym Leaders not having a spark?? Nessa is my QUEEN and Bea looks badass. Not sure why you’re coming for the ladies but I disagree.

You haven’t made a very good case for Pokémon ending its billion dollar franchise. In fact, your final straw was just “Pokémon Masters exists.”

Last edited:
What does any of this have to do with this thread?

But ok...so you’re upset that they chose to base a region off of a country that is too close in proximity to another country that we got a game based in to the point where Pokémon should have “ended at gen 4 or 5”. Im afraid I have some disappointing news for you about the first four generations of Pokémon lol.

Galar definitely has a lot more going for it than just “sports” and we’ve still only seen a small part of the games as a whole.

And what’s this about the Female Gym Leaders not having a spark?? Nessa is my QUEEN and Bea looks badass. Not sure why you’re coming for the ladies but I disagree.

You haven’t made a very good case for Pokémon ending its billion dollar franchise. In fact, your final straw was just “Pokémon Masters exists.”
Thank you, that's all I need to know. When I say spark, I mean the cutsy girl Gym Leader, but I suppose that's because we haven't seen much yet.

fandom in a nutshell...

When all I'm doing is staying calm about it. All I'm saying is that Home will be more than just like Bank. We may or may not have Gen 4 Remake for all we know.
I mean... technically you said that it would "most likely" be like Pokemon Ranch, which isn't just "more than Bank" it's more like a different game altogether which we have no hint that it will be like at all so... at the moment there's no grounds to believe that Home will be much more than Bank but with trading.

To me now looking at SwSh, it makes me think... what's the point of a UK Region. It's too late, we have France with Gen 6 to represent Europe. If they want to base it on the entire world, they may as well make a Region based on Hong Kong, or Beijing, or Sidney, Rio, etc... Many of the things you find in the UK, you can also find in France. There is even a Steam Pokemon so that's out of the window. SwSh had potential, but all I see is just sports when it could've been something more.
We already had Unova to represent the US, but we still got Alola.
Not to mention four regions based on Japan.

France and the UK may be similar, but they aren't identical. Getting another European-based region far from hurts and gives another opportunity to cover other unique things to the region like giant chalk drawings.

Even the Gym Leaders (females) don't have as much spark as the previous ones had.
Why do you single the female ones out in particular...?

Nessa is like... more badass than Misty. (which no offense to Misty, she just suffers from sprite era simplicity)
And Bea is already looking to be one of my favorite gym leaders ever.

In fact Pokemon now has lost it's spark since Gen 4 and 5. Don't ask me how or why, it's just a feeling, like it's missing something that made it Pokemon. Now all I see is trying new gimmicks and surprising us and they really seem to show that they are losing steam (not losing ideas, just steam). And with Pokemon Masters, they might as well call Pokemon a day after Gen 8 and save a lot of time to charge up their batteries. Times have changed, it isn't like 2010 as we are almost about to leave for 2020.
I don't know what you're talking about with this either. Pokemon has been trying new things because if they didn't, then we would continue with the same bland repetition that the series had been going on for five generations. I never finished Gen 3 or 4 because honestly, crawling through those games was almost exactly like playing Gen 2 (except with only one region instead of two). While I'm not crazy about the prospect of gimmicks being dropped after a generation and heavily disagree with that particular practice, I can't argue with what they've been doing to mix things up in these most recent gens.

They're not running out of steam, they just stopped being repetitive. And if that was the "spark" that defined Pokemon then... good riddance.

I mean... technically you said that it would "most likely" be like Pokemon Ranch, which isn't just "more than Bank" it's more like a different game altogether which we have no hint that it will be like at all so... at the moment there's no grounds to believe that Home will be much more than Bank but with trading.

We already had Unova to represent the US, but we still got Alola.
Not to mention four regions based on Japan.

France and the UK may be similar, but they aren't identical. Getting another European-based region far from hurts and gives another opportunity to cover other unique things to the region like giant chalk drawings.

Why do you single the female ones out in particular...?

Nessa is like... more badass than Misty. (which no offense to Misty, she just suffers from sprite era simplicity)
And Bea is already looking to be one of my favorite gym leaders ever.

I don't know what you're talking about with this either. Pokemon has been trying new things because if they didn't, then we would continue with the same bland repetition that the series had been going on for five generations. I never finished Gen 3 or 4 because honestly, crawling through those games was almost exactly like playing Gen 2 (except with only one region instead of two). While I'm not crazy about the prospect of gimmicks being dropped after a generation and heavily disagree with that particular practice, I can't argue with what they've been doing to mix things up in these most recent gens.

They're not running out of steam, they just stopped being repetitive. And if that was the "spark" that defined Pokemon then... good riddance.
Thank you for that, this has helped me.

That depends entirely on how much you care about these temporary battle mechanics. Dynamax and Gigantamax aren't exactly innovative at this point, either. RS' abilities and double battles brought far more to the table.
The point isn't trying to be innovative, it's more so trying to be unique for the region while keeping to the functions of the past 2 mechanics. Wouldn't be surprised if we get something similar next gen but as a new concept.

That depends entirely on how much you care about these temporary battle mechanics. Dynamax and Gigantamax aren't exactly innovative at this point, either. RS' abilities and double battles brought far more to the table.
The mechanics maybe aren't, but the culture around it is. It's not just about the new mechanics it's the whole new vibe for a region. You're not just rolling through Kanto 3.0+Abilities that no one seemed to notice that pokemon had in Kanto versions 1 and 2. It's a region that is 100% just "Look at this insane shit we can do and we put it on fucking TV and it is all the rage in Galar!"

It's the same way I felt about Alola with its trials- like Z-moves is a crap mechanic and I have no love for it at all but Alola wasn't just gyms, it was more unique- poorly executed, to be honest, but it was still different enough that I finally actually felt excited to play a pokemon game again. Disappointed with how watered down the innovation turned out to be but... conceptually, it's still my favorite region.

Galar has yet to impress me just because sports isn't my thing, and the Max mechanics look like another poor execution of a potentially impressive concept, but I appreciate that it at least feels different from what we got in the past.

To me now looking at SwSh, it makes me think... what's the point of a UK Region. It's too late, we have France with Gen 6 to represent Europe. If they want to base it on the entire world, they may as well make a Region based on Hong Kong, or Beijing, or Sidney, Rio, etc...
You're using city-examples for regions instead?

To be fair, the 1st 4 regions were all Japan regions.

I think regional evolutions might also have split evolutions. Like in galar Meowth doesn't evolve into a Persian but rather a new pokemon. Hence making the said new pokemon, a regional evolution. I'm sure they can find ways to have those pokemon in other games too. We can have safari zones, that dimension thing, etc etc.

I think regional evolutions might also have split evolutions. Like in galar Meowth doesn't evolve into a Persian but rather a new pokemon. Hence making the said new pokemon, a regional evolution. I'm sure they can find ways to have those pokemon in other games too. We can have safari zones, that dimension thing, etc etc.
I would find it a waste if the original design would be locked-out of evolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom