• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still kind of in denial that 400 is it. . . .It feels too weird that there's no cross-gen evolution's that are locked to the post-game like in sinnoh

What is that?
Writing words using numbers. Yep, that's what those numbers in the Leaders and Hop's are. Here's a list:

Hop (189): hiyaku (leaping)
Milo (831): yasai (vegetables)
Nessa (049): oyogu (to swim)
Bea (193): ikusa (fight)
Allister (291): nikui (hateful)

My only fear is that because the backlash I'm afraid they're just going to pull the whole plug on the series after this gen.

These games are still going to make millions of dollars, and the franchise still has numerous other revenue outlets (GO just finished raking in its third billion) even if the main series were to tank, which even that is highly unlikely.

I agree, but mono fighting is soooooo boring and lame. It looks more like a fighting/dark type or something.

I don't really see anything Dark about it

It's a grapplin' octo with a tentacle mimicking a championship belt or martial arts belt

it is time to speculate again!!! which pokemon do you guys think will get giga forms?

As I am super biased for ice types, I really want the new Moth, Vaniluxe and Mamoswine to have one.
Aside from that I am thinking the pseudo, the starters (I am not sure if the guidebook rules them out or not), the poison electric thingy, the elephant and few others from the other gens.

Writing words using numbers. Yep, that's what those numbers in the Leaders and Hop's are. Here's a list:

Hop (189): hiyaku (leaping)
Milo (831): yasai (vegetables)
Nessa (049): oyogu (to swim)
Bea (193): ikusa (fight)
Allister (291): nikui (hateful)
Cause I'm a weeb, I made my numbers 351 (sugoi)

I don't know. Ask James Turner XD
Isn't he just art director? Who is Pokémon director (that makes 'mons balance, movesets, sounds, design feedback, some stuff involving 'mons) in this time? Previous was Yusuke Ohmura, I think. IIRC, Frillish line's artist wanted them to be water-type only but he/she wasn't happy when someone added ghost-type.

Is not James Turner the art director? I guess he has always the last word about the desings. Correct me if I'm wrong.

he may influence the overall direction, but the art director for pokemon has never been the sole one responsible for designs. It was like this when Sugimori was art director too. In the gameinformer interviews for instance, Ohmori and Masuda mentioned that the sobble line was designed by two women. As the art director, he's also responsible for the overall region's aesthetic, asset designs (like buildings, signposts, etc)

Is not James Turner the art director? I guess he has always the last word about the desings. Correct me if I'm wrong.
To approve a design they make polls among the all team, there are different people making pokemon, different studies on the region, on the anatomy. It's not like James Turner says no and a design is deleted or the opposite. And btw, what's the problem with the designs? I mean we have totally got worse than this. I honestly like most of them and there are a lot of people that like them too. It's not like they can always make designs that appeal to all the fans (It's litterally impossible). I suggest to wait a couple of days, see the animations, the artwork. I mean, Intelleon has been destroyed in the first 24 hours and the day after was voted as the most liked starter in any poll. Guys, just wait and judge in a couple of months and avoid this James Turner position polemic.

he may influence the overall direction, but the art director for pokemon has never been the sole one responsible for designs. It was like this when Sugimori was art director too. In the gameinformer interviews for instance, Ohmori and Masuda mentioned that the sobble line was designed by two women. As the art director, he's also responsible for the overall region's aesthetic, asset designs (like buildings, signposts, etc)
Yes, which is why I consider kinda silly blaming only one person for all the generation's designs. James Turner was also (mostly) misblamed for Gen V, but there are only 10 Pokémon that were confirmed that he designed, and the one people criticize the most (aside from the Vanillite line) was made by Sugimori.

I am not a fan of these at all :/ waisted potential

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom