• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is all assuming that what has been brought forth recently is not faked. As I mentioned, the pokedex leak is crude and models can be faked.
It corroborates with leaks from multiple unrelated sources. And the leak isn't crude at all, we can literally see shots of the pokedex in some of the images.

Fantastic so instead of any kind of direct they are doing a f***ing smash event. I’m so angry. Screw off nintendo

I personally think this is kind of the halcyon moment for story and lore development in Pokemon, in a manner similar to FF4. the previous three FF games did not focus much on a story, and FF4 used the (even at the time) dated gameplay but focused much more heavily on story and characterization.

Between dexit (and the resulting 400 strong pokedex) and the further emphasis on human characters in the trailers, It seems like GF is really intent on making the most alive-feeling pokemon game to date. The removal of the dex may have been to facillitate this, as is the slowly increasing emphasis on story.

Why are you angry? It's their game to promote. Their twitter isn't only for posting Directs.
Because it’s stupid! Instead of any kind of direct to promote any new game you are going to do a 45 minute video about one stupid character for a game that has been out for a year. I also don’t get on their twitter. It’s an announcement on my youtube site I watch.

Edit: this isn’t even about pokemon as much. It’s about every freaking new game they could have. They are doing it an hour earlier so HOPEFULLY they will add something at the regular time

Last edited:
Speaking of which, I looked up an image from polygon that spelled out the full pokedex. Of it I have a few observations.

Among other things I'm quite fond of Eternatus' design. It's final form, being little more than a disembodied hand sticking out of a portal, is distinctly striking, as to the fact it appears to be a counterpart of sorts to Ultra necrozma in its base form.

Attachments

• pokedex.jpg
    pokedex.jpg
    447.4 KB · Views: 56
Because it’s stupid! Instead of any kind of direct to promote any new game you are going to do a 45 minute video about one stupid character for a game that has been out for a year. I also don’t get on their twitter. It’s an announcement on my youtube site I watch.

Edit: this isn’t even about pokemon as much. It’s about every freaking new game they could have. They are doing it an hour earlier so HOPEFULLY they will add something at the regular time
To be fair, how do you even know that this is instead of a direct? For all we know, this is instead of, well, nothing. Not to mention the amount of hype Smash generates among fans on its own.

I personally think this is kind of the halcyon moment for story and lore development in Pokemon, in a manner similar to FF4. the previous three FF games did not focus much on a story, and FF4 used the (even at the time) dated gameplay but focused much more heavily on story and characterization.

Between dexit (and the resulting 400 strong pokedex) and the further emphasis on human characters in the trailers, It seems like GF is really intent on making the most alive-feeling pokemon game to date. The removal of the dex may have been to facillitate this, as is the slowly increasing emphasis on story.

They already started having a bigger story and focusing more on humans as early as Gen V, though. I mean the Unova games gave us the alternate reality theory which was later confirmed in the Delta Episode.

If anything, they're trying more to focus on optimization than anything else. Dumping half the dex opens up a lot of room that they can use to figure out how to make open areas, implementing a controllable camera, and other things that a game on a home console has had for almost 20 years now.

To be fair, how do you even know that this is instead of a direct? For all we know, this is instead of, well, nothing. Not to mention the amount of hype Smash generates among fans on its own.
Because that’s exactly when the direct should have and has for every single year they have been doing directs, and even the fans are like uuuugh that’s like double the length it should be

Speaking of which, I looked up an image from polygon that spelled out the full pokedex. Of it I have a few observations.

Among other things I'm quite fond of Eternatus' design. It's final form, being little more than a disembodied hand sticking out of a portal, is distinctly striking, as to the fact it appears to be a counterpart of sorts to Ultra necrozma in its base form.
I'm pretty sure the hand is the base form, while the big skeletal dragon is the second/true form

Because that’s exactly when the direct should have and has for every single year they have been doing directs, and even the fans are like uuuugh that’s like double the length it should be
This is rather off-topic, but I feel like Nintendo didn’t say “we have so much to talk about with so many games but let’s push it all to the wayside in favor of Smash”. It’s probably more so that they didn’t really have enough for a high-quality Direct so we’re getting this for now instead of nothing or instead of a lackluster one.

Speaking of which, has this leaker posted anything about the story?

This is rather off-topic, but I feel like Nintendo didn’t say “we have so much to talk about with so many games but let’s push it all to the wayside in favor of Smash”. It’s probably more so that they didn’t really have enough for a high-quality Direct so we’re getting this for now instead of nothing or instead of a lackluster one.
It should have been a general direct that covered that, pokemon, animal crossing, indies and make a big announcement for next year. I put it here because it should have had pokemon in it. The fact they are not doing a trailer the week before the games come out makes no sense. Even from a hide everything stand point. So it’s not completely off topic.

They do a direct in the first week or two of Nov every single year. Never broke it. It’s also when they do a big announcement for a new game in the works for next year.

Well, I was going to spend hours talking about how I feel about the new Pokemon, but I made it easier on myself and found a tiermaker so I just popped them in and ranked them from favorite to least favorite, and then I can talk about them from there.

((yes I know a couple of them are partially covered by tiermaker logos. Also I did edit the tiermaker itself a bit to add in the Great line))

To note, after playing the games and experiencing some of these Pokemon, some of them might move up or down.

• I love it - These are the 16 Pokemon I absolutely love the most. They all have really solid designs, some of them with a bit of extra personality that I love. Boltund is probably my favorite of this brand new gen. While not exactly the same, it is quite similarly shaped to a pit bull, which is one of my favorite kinds of dogs and is an electric type which is my favorite typing. I'm honestly surprised Hattrem is up there. Like I thought it was cute before but looking at it more it's actually super adorable.
  • Great - These Pokemon are all really high up there, but don't quite hit the I love it stage. A lot of surprising ones in there for me. Like ones I didn't realize I would like this much. I ended up really enjoying Cinderace's design though, which was a shock to me, along with Rolycoly and Appletun. I was actually not going to use the Applin line because I just didn't like Appletun that much but after seeing that it's a pie, I like it a lot. I do like Flapple a bit more though, which is why it's higher.
  • Good - These are designs I find still pretty clean, but I don't like a lot. Hatterene is there because I do find that it's my least favorite of it's line, but I still do like it. Cramorant has warmed up to me for sure, but it still isn't amazing.
  • Neutral - Designs I'm just indifferent to, don't really feel anything for. Don't like 'em, don't dislike 'em.
  • Bad - Designs I don't like but have some sort of okay quality to them. Carkol looks fine despite the eyes just not fitting the design at all and throwing me off a lot. Dottler just looks weird. Falinks looks fine separated, together not so much.
  • Kill it - Designs I just hate. Galarian Darmanitan is just, no. Galarian Mr. Mime and especially its evolution are just awful. But the worst of the worst (in my opinion) is Coalossal. I don't like it (the Gigantamax form is fine though), it's just too weird looking. Looks way too much like Rhyperior who I also hate.
In general, Gen 8 is a very solid Generation. A lot of the designs, while goofy looking, are quite awesome and they are all very unique in their own way. I think they have also been doing an outstanding design on working on personality for these Pokemon, and you can even see it in the design for some of them.

(Put it in spoilers because it was a big mass of text and picture).

Super excited to pick up these games in basically 10 days from now. It's crazy how fast this time has gone by. This pre-game season has been a wild ride, from dropping a beautiful looking game from the start, and then not giving us any news for 3 months, and then starting the slow process of showing new things, but not shoving it down our throats. Looking back, I think they could have advertised the game a bit more with the new Pokemon without it being shoved down our throats like it was in Sun and Moon, but overall it was good to slow down, as we had a lot of time to speculate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom