• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what's the deal with Zacian's and Zamazenta's "unarmored" forms? I haven't been keeping up with this thread since the full dex was revealed. Is it like Xerneas where outside of battle they're in like, chill out casual mode?

It seems you can use either form in battle. Their armorless forms are their "Hero of Many Battles" forms, while the armored ones are their "Crowned Sword/Crowned Shield" forms. We're not clear on if there's a stat change involved, but they take on their armored forms when given a certain held item, kind of like Giratina with the Griseous Orb. Those items' effects aren't known, other than the fact that holding it makes them part Steel-type. Without their armor, Zacian is pure Fairy and Zamazenta is pure Fighting.

*Four if you count the box mascots.

Strictly speaking... do we know for sure that the mascots are exclusive? :eek:

They made sure to give us a second throwaway Cosmog that we could trade for the opposite mascot in SM, along with duplicates of every version-exclusive UB, and according to one of the leakers...

... the opposite mascot does appear during the post-game story, teaming up with Hop or something like that, but maybe Hop doesn't keep it?

Last edited:
It doesn't, but they're not actually version-exclusive so it's a non-issue.
Sorry if this has already been answered but I just want to double check, Centiscorch is not Sword exclusive then?

Awkward Zombie got you covered (well, it's with Hyper Beam, but still...):

I kinda want to know how the news in Pokémon look like.
“If you look on my left, you’ll see that Motostoke has had its roof blown off by a Dynamaxed Fire attack. Coming up next, it seems that an office in Galar town/city #8 got wrecked by catapulted Dreepy during a friendly rival battle. More on this after we check on Dave who has more to say on the strange drought in Hoenn.”

Sorry if this has already been answered but I just want to double check, Centiscorch is not Sword exclusive then?

The leaker posted stat pages for both of them, and neither one of them was on any of the Rental Teams, so they couldn't have got those from there, nor is it likely there's anyone they could be trading with right now since the games are not officially out.

Wait? Mew is not in the dex right? But you could get mew from the pokeball plus? So you cannot tranfer a mew from the pokemon home but you could get it from pokeball plus? Isn't that bullshit? Specially if you just got a mew from a pokeball plus on let's go?

Wait? Mew is not in the dex right? But you could get mew from the pokeball plus? So you cannot tranfer a mew from the pokemon home but you could get it from pokeball plus? Isn't that bullshit? Specially if you just got a mew from a pokeball plus on let's go?
There's a chance Mew is 401 on the Dex.

Why is Raboot more widely liked than Cinderace, but Drizzle has fewer fans than Intelleon? I don't get it.

Personally I like Drizzle but don't like Intelleon, and I prefer Cinderace to Raboot despite liking the latter also.

I also prefer Raboot to Scorbunny and Drizzle to Sobble, so. Yet I still prefer Scorbunny and Rabbot the latter two.

Last edited:
Here's some stats for you
-Gen 8 have 8 Single stage pokemon not counting the fossils, alola have 14 single stage pokemon.
-Gen 7 has 9 three stage pokemon line counting solgaleo/lunala, gen 8 have 10 counting Zigagoon line.
-Gen 8 have 23 2 stage evolution line counting the galar form, gen 7 has 22 counting poipole line and meltan line.

Gen 7:
Water type: 12/106(counting ultra beast and alola form)
Fire Type: 9/106(if we can count oricorio as one)
Grass: 14/106
Ice: 5/106
Electric: 11/106 (counting oricorio)
Rock: 7/106
Steel: 10/106
Normal: 14/106
Psychic: 9/106
Ghost: 7/106
Fairy: 12/106
Poison: 9/106
Ground: 6/106
Dark: 8/106(only 2 in the reglar dex and 6 alola form)
Bug: 11/106
Fighting: 10/106
Flying: 7/106
Dragon: 8/106

Gen 8
Water: 10/94
Fire: 7/94
Grass: 8/94
Ice: 9/94
Electric: 8/94
Rock: 4/94
Steel: 9/94(if we count Zacian and Zamazenta form)
Normal: 8/94
Psychic: 10/94
Ghost: 9/94
Fairy: 9/94
Poison: 4/94
Ground: 5/94 (we don't know the second type of stonejourner yet, it might be a ground type)
Dark: 9/94
Bug: 7/94
Fighting: 6/94
Flying: 4/94
Dragon: 7/94

As we can see it's kind of balanced the number of pokemon we get for each type, the number of ground type in the last 2 gen is kinda lame ,we also only get 2 in kalos.
As we can see, since gen 6 the number of pokemon as decrease .
In gen 6 we've had 65 pokemon not counting legendaries (6) and megas (27 in X and Y 20 in ORAS)
In gen 7 we've had 63 pokemon not counting legendaries (13) and regional variants (18) and ultra beast (12)
In gen 8 we have 72 new pokemon not counting legendaries (3 that we know so far) and variants/evolutions (19 that we know) and Gigantamax(20 that we know so far)
Kalos 118
Alola 106 new design
Galar 114 new design

So overall Galar have more new design than alola and we don't know everyting yet, so I might say in term of new design it's one of the best and in term of number of pokemon not counting legendarie it's the best since Unova.

Just read that perhaps there won't be a third version...I won't miss all the ruckus of Gen. VIII. Bring me Sinnoh remakes to see what GF is made of...oh, and dump Tuner, Ohmori, start building a concrete base of features and put Pokémon in Team 1 aka the priority team since Town seems like a crap game or make Nintendo and TPC give the franchise to a fresh company

We get it: you don't like Turner. Sheesh. :cautious:
Yup, indeed I don't like Turner. Do you have a problem with that? I don't care. :whistle:

Could somebody give me a run down on the postgame details we do know.

I lost my original notes and dont feel like digging through 50+ pages to find out.

Please and thanks

Hopefully Mew isn't the mythical for this generation alone. I would think/hope they would make a new mythical too.
I think they will have another mythical in there for sure, at least two or three. Looking at the confirmed leaks, we still have Meteordyna who was not seen in the in the Galar Dex in the recent leaks. The leak says that it's a legendary, but seeing how we didn't see it, I think it's more likely a mythical. The datamine will show off whatever they have hidden for distributions or whatever they plan to do.

“If you look on my left, you’ll see that Motostoke has had its roof blown off by a Dynamaxed Fire attack. Coming up next, it seems that an office in Galar town/city #8 got wrecked by catapulted Dreepy during a friendly rival battle. More on this after we check on Dave who has more to say on the strange drought in Hoenn.”

If you wrote fanfics I'd totally give them a read :D haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom