• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can buy a Technical Record/Move Tutor ability, and one of them is Darkest Lariat? Like how is this even a possiblity? Incineroar isn't even in the games, Same with Razor Shell, a exclusive move to the Oshawott line, yet the critter isn't there. Like, what kind of logic is there to this?

That said, I could see Machamp using such a move like Darkest Lariat.

Really, sometimes, GF tends to baffle me with the decisions they take.
The obvious answer is that they are no longer signature moves to those Pokémon in gen 8. Other Pokémon, ones in the Galar Dex, will be able to learn them.

Also, Gigantamax Garbodor:

I love its train tail!

Is... is that a dead Magikarp?

And who threw out that perfectly good Master Ball?!

Ah, so they're bringing back one-use TMs in a sense.

Wait, what? WHY?
There is literally no point in that.

Infinite-use TMs are still in the game and are the primary method of teaching moves to Pokémon. The new one-use TMs/Technical Records are basically just Move Tutors that you can carry with you; you purchase them with Watts as you would have paid the old Move Tutors with Shards or BP. Presumably you can buy multiples of one Technical Record.

Last edited:
You can buy a Technical Record/Move Tutor ability, and one of them is Darkest Lariat? Like how is this even a possiblity? Incineroar isn't even in the games, Same with Razor Shell, a exclusive move to the Oshawott line, yet the critter isn't there. Like, what kind of logic is there to this?

That said, I could see Machamp using such a move like Darkest Lariat.

Really, sometimes, GF tends to baffle me with the decisions they take.

This ends up happening with a lot of signature moves as new pokemon come out that the move fits. And as for Razor Shell, it hasn't been exclusive to the Oshawott line for a while now. In Sun/Moon there are 6 or 7 other lines that learn it by level up.

Well the new trailer showed two new gmax forms. At least I think they are gmax and not dynamax. You have to take it frame by frame, and I also refuse to look at any of the leak pics so I cannot compare, but KlingKlang, and duralodon are shown, and I think a couple more, but I cannot make the other two out. I cannot even decide if they are even pokemon or just part of the moves.

edit: one of the other forms is meowth I’m pretty sure, and I think KlingKlang’s is dynamax. Still not sure about duralodon. His face looks black, but maybe his mouth is open?

Last edited:
Well the new trailer showed two new gmax forms. At least I think they are gmax and not dynamax. You have to take it frame by frame, and I also refuse to look at any of the leak pics so I cannot compare, but KlingKlang, and duralodon are shown, and I think a couple more, but I cannot make the other two out. I cannot even decide if they are even pokemon or just part of the moves.

edit: one of the other forms is meowth I’m pretty sure, and I think KlingKlang’s is dynamax. I still have no clue what the creepy frog is

Those are definitely just Dynamaxed, not Gigantamaxed

Those are definitely just Dynamaxed, not Gigantamaxed
I don’t know duraladon is black and looks different, and corviknight, charizard, and meowth are in it gmaxed. Klingklang is dynamaxed I forgot it had spikes

edit: should have said his head was black

Last edited:
So, I made some analysis on the starters:

Rillaboom has 5 weaknesses and 4 resistances. It is super effective on 3 types.
Cinderace has 3 weaknesses and 6 resistances. It is super effective on 4 types.
Intelleon has 2 weaknesses and 4 resistances. It is super effective on 3 types.

Rillaboom has great attack and physical bulk. Decent speed and special bulk. It is weak to common types (Fire, Flying, Ice). It needs evs in bulk and attack. Bad defensive typing.
Cinderace has good attack and great speed. Decent bulk. Its evs are most likely spread on Attack and Speed. Need a choice scarf or a life orb. Good offensive typying but weak to two of the most common and strong types. Cannot survive more than one-two super effective attacks.
Intellon has great special attack and speed and bad bulk. Its evs are totally spread on sp. attack and speed. Need a choice scarf, a life orb or a focus sash. Good offensive and defensive typing but its bulk makes it quite hard to resist more than two normal effective attacks.

Rillaboom takes normal damage from any entry hazard.
Cinderace takes x2 from Stealth Rocks. This means that if it could have resisted one super effective attack, after the rocks, it most likely won't. Even Gastrodon with 92 base sp. attack and 0 evs can kill it with an earth power after the rocks. Not great for a sweeper.
Intelleon takes normal damage from any entry hazard. Even if the damage is normal it could always break the focus sash and complicate its game.

Rillaboom will be weak to 1 priority move (Ice shard), will resist 2 (Aqua Jet and Water Shuriken) and will be damaged normally by all the others.
Cinderace will be weak to 3 priority moves (Aqua Jet, Accelerock, Water Shuriken), will resist 1 (Bullet punch) and will be damaged normally by all the others.
Intelleon is not weak to any priority move, will resist 4 (Aqua Jet, Water Shuriken, Bullet punch, Ice shard) and will be damaged normally by all the others.

Rillaboom benefits of the grassy terrain. Its grass moves have their power increased of 50%. Everyone on the field gets hp restored each turn.
Cinderace benefits of the sun weather. Its fire moves have their power increased of 50% and the water moves against it have their power reduced of 50%.
Intelleon benefits of the rain weather. Its water moves have their power increased of 50% but the move Thunder gains 100% accuracy.

Rillaboom movest is quite good: Wood Hammer, Earthquake, Stone Edge, Superpower, Knock off are all good and powerful moves that cover its weakness to Ice, Bug, Flying (Stone Edge), Fire, Poison (Eartquake) and are also super effective against Steel, Water, Ground, Ghost, Psychic, Dark, Electric, Normal, Rock, leaving only Fairy, Dragon, Grass and Fighting out (for what we know now clearly). Its strong attack helps deal with lack of stab on all the other types that are not a grass.
Cinderace moveset is quite good: Iron Head, Pyro Ball, Gunk shot, Zen headbutt are good moves that counter Ice, Rock, Fairy, Grass, Fighting, Steel, Bug, Poison. It probably has access to some fighting kicking moves (maybe hi-jump kick?) that can counter Normal and Dark types too. It still lacks coverage against water and ground moves which are definitively the ones that scares it most and even if it has iron head and some fighting move, they are not stab and most of the rock types have great defenses and can revenge kill it. Also, a lot of the moves on its moveset have not 100% accuracy which is not that good on a pokemon that can die in 1-2 hits.
Intelleon movest is still quite limited: hydro pump, scald/snipe shot, ice beam, blizzard, shadow ball. These are good moves however that counter ground, rock, fire, ghost, psychic, flying, grass and dragon. We still need to see if it gets access to moves like dark pulse, sludge bomb, extrasensory, focus blast for a better coverage cause right now, again, is quite limited. Its strong special attack helps deal with lack of stab on all the other types that are not a grass.

Last edited:
I don’t know duraladon is black and looks different, and corviknight, charizard, and meowth are in it gmaxed. Klingklang is dynamaxed I forgot it had spikes

edit: should have said his head was black
This is definitely just Dynamax Duraludon

Considering we already know what Gigantamax Duraludon looks like

Last edited:
No offense to Wooloo and all, but I literallly yeeted him off my team once I set eyes on Silicobra.
I predict:
Rillaboom & Cinderace: Singles
Intelleon: Doubles

This is definitely just Dynamax Duraludon

View attachment 128149

Considering we already know what Gigantamax Duraludon looks like

View attachment 128150
That’s a shame I prefer the black head idea with a yellow eye. I also really did not wanna see the gmax pic ^_^’ thanks for telling me though. Some of them have had such minor changes I figured I would bring it up. I wasn’t entirely wrong about one! It was a gmax form, unfortunately it was already revealed. Dang long cat. I also realized that the last one is a group of mushrooms in the attack, and not a creepy frog. It does look like a frog when you pause it though XD

That’s a shame I prefer the black head idea with a yellow eye. I also really did not wanna see the gmax pic ^_^’ thanks for telling me though. Some of them have had such minor changes I figured I would bring it up. I wasn’t entirely wrong about one! It was a gmax form, unfortunately it was already revealed. Dang long cat. I also realized that the last one is a group of mushrooms in the attack, and not a creepy frog. It does look like a frog when you pause it though XD
Oh sorry about that. =/ I wasn't aware that anyone was avoiding Gmax forms- I figured they were about the same as showing the new pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom