• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've honestly never found shinies in any generation that interesting or creative of recolours tbh, bar a few exceptions. But it does seem like a missed opportunity to not put more thought into them. Purely from an aesthetic standpoint, a lot of them are just really ugly recolours, like the pokemon was exposed to radioactive energy or dipped in nuclear waste or something

One of its dex entries still references the poison-
When this Pokémon becomes angry, its pores secrete a poisonous sweat, which it sprays at its opponent’s eyes.
But unless I'm mistaken, it doesn't learn a single Poison move?
Level Up Moves:
  • [00] Snarl
  • [01] Snarl
  • [01] Covet
  • [01] Swift
  • [01] Bite
  • [01] Copycat
  • [01] Baton Pass
  • [01] Take Down
  • [01] Charm
  • [01] Double-Edge
  • [01] Helping Hand
  • [01] Tackle
  • [01] Growl
  • [01] Tail Whip
  • [05] Sand Attack
  • [10] Quick Attack
  • [15] Baby-Doll Eyes
  • [20] Confuse Ray
  • [25] Assurance
  • [30] Moonlight
  • [35] Guard Swap
  • [40] Dark Pulse
  • [45] Screech
  • [50] Mean Look
  • [55] Last Resort
TMs:
  • [TM02] Pay Day
  • [TM08] Hyper Beam
  • [TM09] Giga Impact
  • [TM15] Dig
  • [TM16] Screech
  • [TM21] Rest
  • [TM23] Thief
  • [TM24] Snore
  • [TM25] Protect
  • [TM29] Charm
  • [TM31] Attract
  • [TM33] Rain Dance
  • [TM34] Sunny Day
  • [TM39] Facade
  • [TM40] Swift
  • [TM41] Helping Hand
  • [TM46] Weather Ball
  • [TM47] Fake Tears
  • [TM57] Payback
  • [TM58] Assurance
  • [TM61] Guard Swap
  • [TM71] Wonder Room
  • [TM76] Round
  • [TM79] Retaliate
  • [TM85] Snarl
TRs:
  • [TR01] Body Slam
  • [TR11] Psychic
  • [TR13] Focus Energy
  • [TR20] Substitute
  • [TR26] Endure
  • [TR27] Sleep Talk
  • [TR29] Baton Pass
  • [TR31] Iron Tail
  • [TR32] Crunch
  • [TR33] Shadow Ball
  • [TR37] Taunt
  • [TR42] Hyper Voice
  • [TR58] Dark Pulse
  • [TR81] Foul Play
  • [TR82] Stored Power
  • [TR85] Work Up
  • [TR95] Throat Chop
Man we really are just doing whatever huh.

I think this is the fourth (?) time I have picked the version with the feminine legend. Just something curious I noticed.
same. I always pick the feminine legendary. The one with more majestic design. Sometimes I pick both like in S&M since both are awesome. But this time i’ll Start with shield even though I am not that fond of Zamazenta but I prefer shield exclusives and I can’t not start with Ponyta first lol. I’ll get my Zacian in my second playthrough

I feel like the GTS will be back next generation with a way to actually look for Pokemon you want without having it be offered up for impossible Pokemon.

Either that or with some kind of rename called "Trade Center for Domestic and Foreign Pokemon" or the TCDFP for short. As to not make it seem like it's "global" as in "National Dex" so people don't get their hopes up.

Mild Gameplay Spoiler:
yy8oyrychyx31.png

Like most raids from MMORPGs, you get rewards upon completion; even if you didn't capture the Raid Pokemon yourself. The cooler thing is that Technical Records are a reward from Raid Battles! So using Watts to purchase them isn't the only method to get these awesome moves for your team. Apparently, the rarer the Raid Pokemon the more generous the reward. I think this is an awesome incentive, personally.

Mild Gameplay Spoiler:
yy8oyrychyx31.png

Like most raids from MMORPGs, you get rewards upon completion; even if you didn't capture the Raid Pokemon yourself. The cooler thing is that Technical Records are a reward from Raid Battles! So using Watts to purchase them isn't the only method to get these awesome moves for your team. Apparently, the rarer the Raid Pokemon the more generous the reward. I think this is an awesome incentive, personally.
Well, time to murder everything in my way, again. Also, I just noticed that TRs look like vinyl discs.

I really don't like the idea of limited TM's again in the form of TR's, but thankfully they can be rewarded in Max Raids.
Or buying them with Watts. Still better than before since you won't have the "but what if it suits someone else better?" problem that the old TMs had (except in Emerald thanks to the cloning glitch).

Mild Gameplay Spoiler:
yy8oyrychyx31.png

beats the shit out of a giant Mothra "Give me Pollen Puff"

This is a reddit post that's been going around since yesterday. The poster knew about Sw/Sh approx a year before the announcement (timestamped discord images) and apparently as a pretty high up contact within gamefreak. I'd take with a grain of salt anyways but if this is true it pretty much perfectly explains everything about this gen so far. The weird lack of polish, the dex cuts, the actual gameplay seeming to be a minor step up from gen 7, the anime format completely changing.

It also resembles what Serebii has been "theorizing" for months (I say theorizing because after reading this, I think it's likely he has inside information on this but doesn't want to/can't say anything on it formally lol)

TL;DR of the image: asset importer broke, rigs were messed up, gamefreak didn't have the dev knowledge or staff to fix it in time, so they decided to exclude old pokemon and spin it as something intentional because anything otherwise would be them basically admitting that this was a failed generation. They plan on bringing back the nat dex in the next game/gen when the asset importer is fixed and spinning it as a "we listened to you all" moment.

This is a reddit post that's been going around since yesterday. The poster knew about Sw/Sh approx a year before the announcement (timestamped discord images) and apparently as a pretty high up contact within gamefreak. I'd take with a grain of salt anyways but if this is true it pretty much perfectly explains everything about this gen so far. The weird lack of polish, the dex cuts, the actual gameplay seeming to be a minor step up from gen 7, the anime format completely changing.

It also resembles what Serebii has been "theorizing" for months (I say theorizing because after reading this, I think it's likely he has inside information on this but doesn't want to/can't say anything on it formally lol)

TL;DR of the image: asset importer broke, rigs were messed up, gamefreak didn't have the dev knowledge or staff to fix it in time, so they decided to exclude old pokemon and spin it as something intentional because anything otherwise would be them basically admitting that this was a failed generation. They plan on bringing back the nat dex in the next game/gen when the asset importer is fixed and spinning it as a "we listened to you all" moment.

View attachment 128387
Makes me think about things that happened with the development of Mother 3, except they are trying to salvage the game instead of killing the game for four years.

View attachment 128387
And yet kissass Joe Merrick started the whole ThankYouGameFreak hashtag and kiss the ass of masuda making the BringBackNationalDex campaign irrelevant... He really does not represent pokemon fandom for me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom