• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fire/rock G-max should activate effect like primodial land for 4turns... Hope centiscorch and sand snake get dry skin.

:O oh my goodness! Since I am getting sword I broke down and looked up my corsola baby, and what on earth did they do to her!? She looks so...funky and not adorable. I’m actually ok not having her...is she even gonna be able to move? It will be super interesting to see if they put it in the anime.

You're the first to say such, so I think you're in the minority. Plenty of people have said they love Galarain Corsola and Cursola.

I like it, but I'm using Polteageist.

:O oh my goodness! Since I am getting sword I broke down and looked up my corsola baby, and what on earth did they do to her!? She looks so...funky and not adorable. I’m actually ok not having her...is she even gonna be able to move? It will be super interesting to see if they put it in the anime.

Just so you know, Corsola, far as it seems, it Shield-exclusive

You're the first to say such, so I think you're in the minority. Plenty of people have said they love Galarain Corsola and Cursola.

I like it, but I'm using Polteageist.

I don’t get why. Corsola is adorable. Cursola looks like a pained...i don’t even know. It does look like it’s in a pot and cannot move though.

Just so you know, Corsola, far as it seems, it Shield-exclusive
That’s why I looked cause it won’t effect my gameplay at all by seeing it.

Intelleon one shotting G-max Coalossal with a water bullet after all that intro from the gym leader is too fun to see. Not so fun competitvely...
3 fire G-max and non with primordial land drough effect? No priority G-moves? Weird though shuckle knows sunny day? Stonenourner? We have info on it?

Intelleon one shotting G-max Coalossal with a water bullet after all that intro from the gym leader is too fun to see. Not so fun competitvely...

That may actually be the funniest thing I have seen in a Pokémon game.

That’s why I looked cause it won’t effect my gameplay at all by seeing it.

Ah okay, I gotcha.

Huh, I didn't notice that they changed Charjabug to work with the Thunder Stone along with the Leafeon and Glaceon change. I wonder if they're just, like, done with location evolutions? I can't imagine it's because it would have been difficult to find appropriate locations; SwoShi have a forest, an ice spot, and a place that could be ""magnetic,"" so maybe it was prompted by fan complaints? Generally I don't get the sense that people liked that mechanic very much, especially in SM when they weirdly decided to make Vast Poni Canyon the magnetic spot and locked Crabominable to the very last stage of the story. (I know that USUM adjusted those things but maybe they want to preempt it happening again entirely?) It's clearly not just an embracing of the "make all Eeveelutions use Stones" suggestion, because Umbreon and Espeon still use the night/day method even though Moon and Sun Stones clearly exist.

Huh, I didn't notice that they changed Charjabug to work with the Thunder Stone along with the Leafeon and Glaceon change. I wonder if they're just, like, done with location evolutions? I can't imagine it's because it would have been difficult to find appropriate locations; SwoShi have a forest, an ice spot, and a place that could be ""magnetic,"" so maybe it was prompted by fan complaints? Generally I don't get the sense that people liked that mechanic very much, especially in SM when they weirdly decided to make Vast Poni Canyon the magnetic spot and locked Crabominable to the very last stage of the story. (I know that USUM adjusted those things but maybe they want to preempt it happening again entirely?)

I wonder if that means Magneton and Nosepass are going to need a Thunderstone to evolve too in in future games where they come back.
Thinking about it more, I have to wonder if in the Gen 4 remakes they'll go back to Location and Proximity-based Evolutions since that's where those evolutionary methods were introduced, or if they'll keep the changes in SwSh.

I wonder if that means Magneton and Nosepass are going to need a Thunderstone to evolve too in in future games where they come back.
Thinking about it more, I have to wonder if in the Gen 4 remakes they'll go back to Location and Proximity-based Evolutions since that's where those evolutionary methods were introduced, or if they'll keep the changes in SwSh.
I just wish they took a decision for once and stop changing things every 3 years. Like that poor Feebas that evolves in a different way every generation. Same with Megas and Z-moves. I hope Dynamax and Gigamax is where they wanted to go in the end. Cause honestly I am a bit tired of new designs or new competitive pokemon just for a couple of years. It's like a pokemon finally gets its chance to be useful or look good and then it gets rid of that chance after 3 years.

It may not be known yet how this works, but let me know your thoughts. If I’m playing sword and my friend is playing shield, and we’re doing raid battles together, could we encounter and catch version exclusive Pokémon for the other version? I noticed for example ponyta appears in raids in shield, so if a sword player was doing a raid with a shield player, could they encounter and catch the ponyta? I’m not exactly sure how raids work, does one player go into the other player’s wild area?

well, the dex will eventually need attention because of the sheer number. As for SwSh, they are just implementing it early.
so you guys think they should hire more people? how much hiring would be too much for profit?
Or do you guys think that maybe someone in the background will buy them that have better skills and can handle their sources better?

just curious because I don't like the cut either but I completely understand the cut..
I think most of us agree that more time is needed rather than more people. Throwing more inexperienced people at a problem doesn't really work to improve things.

Yes yet some fansites and fans think that everything GF do is god holy... They even go the #ThankYouGameFreak and #IStandWithSerebii the first one I could understand but the second one nope!
That's just your bias against Serebii... and I believe a misunderstanding of the two movements- as far as I am aware, they're both in response to the death threats and verbal attacks on Game Freak's developers. It has nothing to do with putting Game Freak on a pedestal.

Also what has Joe done wrong? It's not like he isn't critical of the games too. He points out what he likes and doesn't like, same as any rational person.

Huh, I didn't notice that they changed Charjabug to work with the Thunder Stone along with the Leafeon and Glaceon change. I wonder if they're just, like, done with location evolutions? I can't imagine it's because it would have been difficult to find appropriate locations; SwoShi have a forest, an ice spot, and a place that could be ""magnetic,"" so maybe it was prompted by fan complaints? Generally I don't get the sense that people liked that mechanic very much, especially in SM when they weirdly decided to make Vast Poni Canyon the magnetic spot and locked Crabominable to the very last stage of the story. (I know that USUM adjusted those things but maybe they want to preempt it happening again entirely?) It's clearly not just an embracing of the "make all Eeveelutions use Stones" suggestion, because Umbreon and Espeon still use the night/day method even though Moon and Sun Stones clearly exist.
Oooh, so Leafeon and Glaceon finally use stones now?

On that note, I think they probably are just tired of having to make sure they include those kind of locations into every game, considering how a Rotom Catalog was also added for its forms.

It makes me sad personally. I always kind of liked the location evolutions because they were so unique and different. Especially with eevee, and you would think with the wild area they would be more inclined to keep that since you would have to go, and find that location. I guess maybe they wanna see how the open area goes first, and will add it back hopefully.

I just wish they took a decision for once and stop changing things every 3 years. Like that poor Feebas that evolves in a different way every generation. Same with Megas and Z-moves. I hope Dynamax and Gigamax is where they wanted to go in the end. Cause honestly I am a bit tired of new designs or new competitive pokemon just for a couple of years. It's like a pokemon finally gets its chance to be useful or look good and then it gets rid of that chance after 3 years.

Feebas isn't so bad since it doesn't alternate methods. The Beauty stat method just shifts in and out of availability depending on the current game's features, but the Prism Scale is a constant option (not that the Prism Scale is always available, mind - there are no naturally obtainable Prism Scales in ORAS because they clearly wanted players to use the Beauty method, but you could receive one from a friend who had XY if you wanted to avoid it still).

As far as rotating features go, I know I'm in the minority but I just don't really see much of an issue. Three years is longer than I think this fandom gives it credit for. A U.S. President has served the majority of a term in that time, lol. And on the other side of the coin, things hanging around for too long without a significant shakeup can get really stale and annoying...

Spr_5b2_645T.png

It may not be known yet how this works, but let me know your thoughts. If I’m playing sword and my friend is playing shield, and we’re doing raid battles together, could we encounter and catch version exclusive Pokémon for the other version? I noticed for example ponyta appears in raids in shield, so if a sword player was doing a raid with a shield player, could they encounter and catch the ponyta? I’m not exactly sure how raids work, does one player go into the other player’s wild area?

Theoretically, yes. From what's been said, as long as one person captures the Raid boss, every player receives it. I don't think that should make a difference even if the Pokémon is version-exclusive, although obviously no formal testing has been done yet.

Oooh, so Leafeon and Glaceon finally use stones now?

Indeed they do.

Before I looked it up, I remember being confused as to where the moss rock was in Pearl. So I just found any rock that was near some grass (read: the boundries) and tried leveling up my Eevee. Needless to say it didn't work which lead me to look it up. I just thought thr rock in the corner of the forest was just some weird easter egg that didn't mean anything.

That was back when I was like 18 or 19. Imagine being a lot younger with limited access to the internet and no guides trying to do the same thing or use a leaf stone and getting flustered.

That's probably why they overhauled the location based evolutions just so it's easier on the core demographic and whoever wanted those Pokemon emediately instead of wasting time looking for the rocks or other areas.

i kinda wonder if there will be squads. i know my household have been talking about this...

As far as rotating features go, I know I'm in the minority but I just don't really see much of an issue. Three years is longer than I think this fandom gives it credit for. A U.S. President has served the majority of a term in that time, lol. And on the other side of the coin, things hanging around for too long without a significant shakeup can get really stale and annoying...
Personally, I'm not crazy about the rotating features... I don't mind these power move mechanics that they keep introducing but I'd rather that they stick with them, make them part of the series as a whole and not just a blip on the timeline. I don't like getting these things and knowing that they'll be gone in three years. I'd much rather see it where they can be used together, even if maybe they couldn't all be used at the same time- like we have Dynamax now that can only be used in certain places, right? What if we could use Megas and Z-moves everywhere else?

I don't want to see this franchise run down along this road of big new features that disappear every gen. We can't get attached to anything, we can't look forward to seeing what pokemon will get a new Mega or G-Max (or special Z-move but I don't think anyone was hyping for those anyway). It's just gonna be gone and the question is going to be "Okay, what inflated power mechanic are they going to introduce this time?"

I think Dynamax would be more interesting if we weren't all stuck looking at it like something that was going to go away in a few years. Even if it didn't turn you off right away, no one is looking to get attached to this feature because we all know we're gonna lose it.

Before I looked it up, I remember being confused as to where the moss rock was in Pearl. So I just found any rock that was near some grass (read: the boundries) and tried leveling up my Eevee. Needless to say it didn't work which lead me to look it up. I just thought thr rock in the corner of the forest was just some weird easter egg that didn't mean anything.

That was back when I was like 18 or 19. Imagine being a lot younger with limited access to the internet and no guides trying to do the same thing or use a leaf stone and getting flustered.

That's probably why they overhauled the location based evolutions just so it's easier on the core demographic and whoever wanted those Pokemon emediately instead of wasting time looking for the rocks or other areas.
In all fairness, though, I was 10 when I played Diamond and back then I didn't have internet I could access. I just knew from magazines that Leafeon and Glaceon exist and when I found that stone in the forest and it even had some text that popped up when you "talked" to it, I figured that must be related to Eevee. As in, it has to be there for some reason, and have text for some reason and Leafeon came to mind first for some reason bc what else to do with that stone?

In the same way, you could say any evolution method beyond level up (and maybe including the happiness) is too difficult. Because for example I always forget which gen 1 Pokémon need stones to evolve and even to this day I'd level up my Exeggcute or Staryu until like 40 until I look it up and am like "Oh wow...." - so even there kids, without guides, could get flustered. Not to mention the more specific evolutions, like needing a trade, or a trade with a specific item...

Personally I'd just like Eeveelutions to work with stones to have them be consistent, but ideally if a mossy stone is available, that, too, should work to get Leafeon, for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom