• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again; we knew of 30 Pokémon at this moment during S/M's newscycle. Now we got only 14. The summer months are usually quite packed. Of course people get slightly frustrated/impatient, as it differs from earlier marketing cycles. We have only had 3 news moments since february. That might place things in perspective.

@nickdt That's a very odd and untrue statement.
At this point during S/M's news cycle we knew nearly half of the pokemon already- that's exactly why I think this slower one with fewer reveals is much better. I don't know why anyone is frustrated that half the new dex hasn't been spoiled for them yet, the games are going to come out at the same time regardless.

But I clearly remember the majority of the people here were convinced Pokemon growing bigger was never going to be a thing back when it was leaked.
As I recall, the "pokemon growing bigger" thing barely came up before Dynamax was even revealed. Like... a day in advance and people were just "Oh that sounds silly." and then "Oh I guess it's legit- it's still silly."

In all, we have actually been really good at dismissing fake leaks. I don't recall us ever calling a leak fake and then having to backtrack.

At this point during S/M's news cycle we knew nearly half of the pokemon already- that's exactly why I think this slower one with fewer reveals is much better. I don't know why anyone is frustrated that half the new dex hasn't been spoiled for them yet, the games are going to come out at the same time regardless.

As I recall, the "pokemon growing bigger" thing barely came up before Dynamax was even revealed. Like... a day in advance and people were just "Oh that sounds silly." and then "Oh I guess it's legit- it's still silly."

In all, we have actually been really good at dismissing fake leaks. I don't recall us ever calling a leak fake and then having to backtrack.
Yeah, well, that's down to personal preferences then. But don't call us impatient. I want to know which 'mons I can use for my team.

Uh. Allister having a Mmikyu has to do with the fact that Bea has a hitmontop. They clearly are keeping the new pokemon from being revealed. Unless you believe that they don't have any. In that case, I disagree.
Not every gym leader in past generations had a new signature Pokemon. They don't even all have aces. And some of them had new forms for old Pokemon-Korrina had Mega Lucario, Kiawe had Alolan Marowak for his, Ilama had Alolan Raticate depending on the version. The Champion of these games has a Charizard as his ace. It's not that unlikely to imagine that these Pokemon are their aces, and possibly have Gigantimax forms.
Fair enough with your second point but I don't think that zamazenta being the shield legendary will have weight on its type match up with Zacian. Life and death are two balanced aspects of life yet I don't see Yveltal having any advantage over Xerneas.
Xerneas still had a move to boost its power, fitting its life theme, and Yvetal drained the life from other Pokemon, fitting its death theme. A shield Pokemon being weak to a sword does not fit the theme of defense.
Finally. No, I completely disagree. It's easy to say that now that we already know what is true. But I clearly remember the majority of the people here were convinced Pokemon growing bigger was never going to be a thing back when it was leaked. Rainbow Rocket leak was also something easily dismissable. In retrospect, it does sound something unlikely but it happened nevertheless. If we were able to discern leaks as right or wrong from the get-go then it would make things really easy But we can't do that. At best we see what is plausible and what is not. And based on how leaks usually go, this one seems fine.
You're missing my point entirely. I'm not talking about what features seem likely. I'm talking about logical flaws in them. That's why I didn't say whether I thought sig moves for Scorbunny or Sobble would or wouldn't be likely-I said if they were, they would have been revealed alongside Grookey's signature move, because there's no reason to reveal one but hide the others. I didn't say a mining minigame would be unlikely, I said it didn't make sense to call it new when we already had mining. I didn't say that new Eeveelutions would be unlikely, I said it didn't make sense that the user wouldn't know their types when they claimed to know the type of all the other Pokemon. I didn't say that an Electric/Fighting Pokemon would be unlikely, I said it would have made more sense to reveal it alongside Bea if it really was her ace.

It's the same with other fakes. It doesn't matter whether we think it's likely for SwSh to introduce 90 new Pokemon or not-the problem with leaks that promise it is that it's not logical for the entire dex to be leaked by now, when it's never happened before. It didn't matter whether we thought child sacrifice would be a thing in Pokemon or not-it wasn't logical for a person who knew about a Switch game for Pokemon to not know about four pairs of games after XY. It didn't matter whether we thought You/Me would be good titles for Pokemon or not-it wasn't logical for someone to reveal their own job while leaking info, or to contradict themselves repeatedly. There's more to rumors than just an opinion on what the games would be like if it was real.

Last edited:
It is impatient, though. People have been totally impatient every step of this news cycle so far.
No, it's not? We try to deduce some patterns to see which moments might be plausible for news, now they show us next to nothing. We aren't used to that, nor is it necessary to keep so many things as a 'surprise'. Remember that many of us are sceptical since the latest news, we want to know if it's worth buying, I even have to consider buying a Switch or not. Some more news would come in handy for me. What's the problem with that?

No, it's not? We try to deduce some patterns to see which moments might be plausible for news, now they show us next to nothing. We aren't used to that, nor is it necessary to keep so many things as a 'surprise'. Remember that many of us are sceptical since the latest news, we want to know if it's worth buying, I even have to consider buying a Switch or not. Some more news would come in handy for me. What's the problem with that?
People getting frustrated over it to the point of being mad at Serebii posting news about the demo being at an event just because it isn't a new demo. There's being eager for news, which I can fully understand, and then there's being impatient for it. If you're getting frustrated and upset at stupid things for not being the next news drop, then you're being impatient, not eager. Simple as that.

People getting frustrated over it to the point of being mad at Serebii posting news about the demo being at an event just because it isn't a new demo. There's being eager for news, which I can fully understand, and then there's being impatient for it. If you're getting frustrated and upset at stupid things for not being the next news drop, then you're being impatient, not eager. Simple as that.
It's the internet; people are prone to exaggerating and venting on forums is fine as long as it's according to the rules, which it still is if I'm not mistaken.

But I understand that really getting mad at it is odd and unnecessary. Also doesn't make for very entertaining reads, anyway.

Also, I'm pretty sure a lot of us here still behave perfectly fine. There's no us against them or black vs. white; we're all very different here; the ones wanting news are not necessarily the impatient ones. Nor are the ones not caring about the news necessarily the saints here.

Just try to enjoy yourself and report people if they throw a fit.

It's the internet; people are prone to exaggerating and venting on forums is fine as long as it's according to the rules, which it still is if I'm not mistaken.

But I understand that really getting mad at it is odd and unnecessary. Also doesn't make for very entertaining reads, anyway.

Also, I'm pretty sure a lot of us here still behave perfectly fine. There's no us against them or black vs. white; we're all very different here; the ones wanting news are not necessarily the impatient ones. Nor are the ones not caring about the news necessarily the saints here.

Just try to enjoy yourself and report people if they throw a fit.
I mean yeah, people here have been pretty tame- I just still don't understand the impatience to the point of getting mad at the demo tour.

Or even that three weeks is such a long period of time for some people... man, what're you all doing that three weeks doesn't fly for you? I was painfully sunburnt for one of those weeks and couldn't even go to work, but time's still been flying for me. XD

Honestly? Not really. They all seem to derive from the original real leak, like back when every rumour used Crown/Sceptre or Sword/Shield in their names.
Yeah. The only one I know that doesn't is the rumor that got Alcremie right and also predicts a ton of other things, including a massive post-game battle facility featuring every past protagonist and rival.

Yeah. The only one I know that doesn't is the rumor that got Alcremie right and also predicts a ton of other things, including a massive post-game battle facility featuring every past protagonist and rival.
I doubt that one holds true, as well.

I doubt that one holds true, as well.
Yeah. That one has some rather hard to believe content such as a Pokemon based on a "prehistoric black man" (which would get GF accused of racism) as well as the idea of a massive battle facility with all the old protags and rivals (which I don't think they would do because of Masters).

Yeah. That one has some rather hard to believe content such as a Pokemon based on a "prehistoric black man" (which would get GF accused of racism) as well as the idea of a massive battle facility with all the old protags and rivals (which I don't think they would do because of Masters).
Also, all rumours around new battle-facilities seem to exactly tell the fans what they want. Or teases them.

I do think that we're going to have a new trailer in the next few weeks as TPC's not going to let CoroCoro beat them to the punch anymore. If anything, we might get stuff in the next week specifically, as CoroCoro usually leaks around the 10th/11th.

I do think that we're going to have a new trailer in the next few weeks as TPC's not going to let CoroCoro beat them to the punch anymore. If anything, we might get stuff in the next week specifically, as CoroCoro usually leaks around the 10th/11th.
CoroCoro hardly ever shows news anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom