• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I like the idea, I hope it doesn't take the place of the Honedge line. Don't see why those wouldn't make the cut given the theme.

Speaking of themes, assuming that rumor is legit, then it's safe to say that the thematic motif of Gen 8 is Sports & Social Media. Considering I'm honestly not too fond of either, I'm not sure if this gen will be in anyway appealing to me. Not knocking on those who do like those things; I suppose it was only inevitable with social media's impact on the world and sports teams many fans.

As much as I like the idea, I hope it doesn't take the place of the Honedge line. Don't see why those wouldn't make the cut given the theme.

Speaking of themes, assuming that rumor is legit, then it's safe to say that the thematic motif of Gen 8 is Sports & Social Media. Considering I'm honestly not too fond of either, I'm not sure if this gen will be in anyway appealing to me. Not knocking on those who do like those things; I suppose it was only inevitable with social media's impact on the world and sports teams many fans.
I mean it would make sense with modern times. Heck even the new pokedex is a smartphone, and the new PSS looks like a social media site. So there is a possibility some social media commentary could be a part of the story, maybe could tie into why Leon's so popular.

I think this rumor is suspiciously piggy-backy.
Impidimp (Dark/Fairy)
Puffluff (Normal; Wooloo Evolution)
Sacrisythe (Ghost/Steel)
Gigantamax Lapras
Gigantamax
Gengar
Gym Leader Kabu, uses a Heatmor
Gym Leader Opal, uses a Shiinotic
Bede and Marnie
Team Yell, follows Marnie around

Rotom Phone in-game app, Catchagram
Take selfies with your Pokemon at special pokestops around Galar, different poses for you and your Pokemon
Green text is confirmed new stuff, blue text is stuff from the Affleck leak, and orange text is previously-established stuff. (Pokemon from other games, mechanics in past games like taking pictures or the general concept of evolution)

Out of this whole leak, the only entirely new concepts are the name for Wooloo's evolution, the name for a picture-taking app, and a new Pokemon. I know that not everyone knows about things from the Affleck leak, but we've never had a trailer with just Affleck info. Like, last time, even though we got Gigantimaxing, Chairman Rose, etc, we also got Rolycoly, Alcreamie, and Bea and Allister, none of which were mentioned originally. Affleck didn't mention Eldegross, Corviknight, Drednaw, or Cossifleur before the first video, either. So, for the only totally new info to be just two Pokemon, one of which evolves from a confirmed one, seems a little odd. Doesn't mark it as fake, but seems suspicious to me.

I think this rumor is suspiciously piggy-backy.

Green text is confirmed new stuff, blue text is stuff from the Affleck leak, and orange text is previously-established stuff. (Pokemon from other games, mechanics in past games like taking pictures or the general concept of evolution)

Out of this whole leak, the only entirely new concepts are the name for Wooloo's evolution, the name for a picture-taking app, and a new Pokemon. I know that not everyone knows about things from the Affleck leak, but we've never had a trailer with just Affleck info. Like, last time, even though we got Gigantimaxing, Chairman Rose, etc, we also got Rolycoly, Alcreamie, and Bea and Allister, none of which were mentioned originally. Affleck didn't mention Eldegross, Corviknight, Drednaw, or Cossifleur before the first video, either. So, for the only totally new info to be just two Pokemon, one of which evolves from a confirmed one, seems a little odd. Doesn't mark it as fake, but seems suspicious to me.
Actually, I think I've seen the the name "Puffluff" for a Wooloo evo before, so it may not even have that.

I mean it would make sense with modern times. Heck even the new pokedex is a smartphone, and the new PSS looks like a social media site. So there is a possibility some social media commentary could be a part of the story, maybe could tie into why Leon's so popular.

I get what you're saying, it's just that could be extremely cringy as a plot point. Or worse, even evocative of social media and just as shallow. The one instance where it was used successfully was the recent PS4 Spiderman game with Screwball, and that was more comic relief than anything else.

I would be impressed if the plot could be meaningful commentary on SM without endorsing it, or giving in-game options against Galar's idea of "glory."

I'm not exactly expecting news to wake up to tomorrow, but if I wake up to news tomorrow, I'll be very, very happy all day.

This is going around now.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EBKKRi4XkAAAXwP.jpg:large

56 new Pokemon...ONLY 56. If there was ever anything I truly hope is fake, its this. 56 is way too low for a new generation they originally advertised as having many brand new Pokemon. 56 is not many, even by recent generation standards.

Worth noting also, the Dynamax Leak tells us that Meowth will get a regional evolution that looks like a spiky ball of gray fur. None of the ones listed towards the bottom really seem to scream Meowth evolution. Also no Mythicals seem to be mentioned.

Last edited:
Doubt it'll hold true, either. This one can be quickly disproven, though, if the upcoming bit of news features a name not given by the original leaker.

Doubt it'll hold true, either. This one can be quickly disproven, though, if the upcoming bit of news features a name not given by the original leaker.
Seriously hoping it will be debunked quickly. Either this person just wanted to stir up more drama by pissing off the bring back the national dex crew further, or Game Freak actually thought it was a good idea to introduce a seriously low number of new Pokemon, even by current generation standards.

Also worth noting that this rumor doesn't seem to include a baracuda Pokemon.

Seriously hoping it will be debunked quickly. Either this person just wanted to stir up more drama by pissing off the bring back the national dex crew further, or Game Freak actually thought it was a good idea to introduce a seriously low number of new Pokemon, even by current generation standards.

Also worth noting that this rumor doesn't seem to include a baracuda Pokemon.
Then I guess it's fake to begin with.

Dex-leaks are rarely true, to begin with. Most of the times under special circumstances. Or not at all.

Last edited:
So... you can potentially have an Ice type before the first gym. Yeah, not happening, too OP.
Altraboss..... Hahahahahaahah... Its Albatross, but with letters put in a different place. That is also unlikely too happen.
Firstallion - Rapidash evolution
Sirefetch'd - Farfetch'd evolution
Mime III - Really... Mime III, not Mime Senior. Also its weird Mr.Mime gets something, but its counterpart Jynx does not (Yes, they are counterparts since gen 4)
Mynotouro - Tauros evolution (Really, Tauros gets something, but Miltank does not). Doesn't make sense either way.

Another thing that puts me off is only 2 regular Steel types and the only Grass types being Gossifleur and Eldegoss (Not counting Grookey line), doesn't make much sense either.
Another thing is that if we only get get 55 Pokemon, their is literally no reason for a dex cut either.

Edit: Yeah, this rumor has been confirmed fake.

Snomad has been on another dex leak (The Big one with Fearliz and Nerviz on it as Sobble's evolution and is also the one with Twinkape in it), which is confirmed fake as well due to the lack of the other revealed Pokemon on it. The name Snomad sounded familiar, so i looked it up.

Last edited:
We'll hear more the 7th, confirmed.

Let's hope it's the one about Booracuda and the Galarian Girafarig and the like. Or something better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom