• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you are saying the Big Company EEEEE - AAAAA (BEEEEE AAAAAA). EA proves you wrong.
That's not what I'm saying at all, nor does that map on to what I have said.

From now on, I'm ignoring this tangent. you aren't taking in new information in good faith.

So you are saying the Big Company EEEEE - AAAAA (BEEEEE AAAAAA). EA proves you wrong.
....EA is initials. Of course it's pronounced E-A.

There are no pronunciation rules when it comes to names, Bea can be "bee" or "bee-uh" or "bay-uh." They're all correct pronunciations.

Gen 7 has confirmed its ARKeus due to RKS system. Hard E. Same Hard E that is Bea.
Not really. In Japanese it's AR System. Notable lack of a K there.

Incidentally and unironically... how do you pronounce Florges?

Floor-jess? Floor-gess? Floorg-eez? Florgz? Six years later and I still don't know.
Since it seems to be a portmanteau of flora and gorgeous (mapping from the Japanese name), I guess it was intended to be pronounced "FLOR-juz"

Makes literally no sense
Florgoeus.

If we go off the anime its Florchess or Florjess.
Florjess is pretty much exactly how Florgeous would sound so I think it makes perfect sense. =)

Also...
RKS pronoun has confirmed its Be-A-Trice with A and not a Double E.
If you're gonna try to lecture people on how to pronounce things, could you at least stop using the word "pronoun" incorrectly? It's really bugging me.

It's like people on here don't realize that...there are regional variations on pronounciations..."accents" if you will. And that "gorgeous" is probably being pronounced "gorjess" /"gorjuss" /"gor-jee-us" by different people and that's why none of you are agreeing on pronounciation.

EDIT: As an aside, I do pronounce "gorgeous" as "gorgz" hence "Florgz"

I'm not sure.

Pretty sure it's Bay-Ah. Bee would only sound correct if her full name is Beatrice, and even if so, the former still feels more commonplace.

How is Arceus pronounced?

runs away

It's Ar-keus. The reason they put down the soft c is because saying it slowly makes it sound like the word "arse," which is vulgar in the United Kingdom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom