• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats another one that makes me doubt the credibility. Can they make it different enough from Pyroar (I doubt it). Same with the Crocodile on the leak. The only way i can see a crocodile-like mon, is if we get a Gharial, since that one is different enough from Alligators (Feraligatr) and Crocodiles (Krookodile).
I think the leak's fake, but remember you’re saying this right after the reveal of Slurpuff 2.0, and Roggenrola 2.0.

Thats another one that makes me doubt the credibility. Can they make it different enough from Pyroar (I doubt it). Same with the Crocodile on the leak. The only way i can see a crocodile-like mon, is if we get a Gharial, since that one is different enough from Alligators (Feraligatr) and Crocodiles (Krookodile).
Well we do have Pyroar and Luxray... which just makes it worse because isn't this lion supposedly fire and electric-type? I can understand getting another lion but do we really need a repeat of both of the previous two in the same lion instead of a new type entirely?

Luxray is more based on a Lynx (English description) or a Tiger (Japanese Description). Even so... it and Pyroar don't look similair, while Pyroar and Solgaleo do because of the mane. I don't think they can have a Third Lion that looks similair, because even in RL, its hard to distuiginsh? (Non-English speaker), the Lion species from eachother. This is possibly also the reason we haven't gotten another Giraffe, Octopus or Elephant Pokemon.

Reactions: JJK
love love love the thought of getting another fox and lion. my two favorite animals.

having non-legend wolves there brings down its credibility quite a bit though, unless it's a lycanroc variant.

closest thing I can think of with box legends animal also being the animal of a regular new pokemon in the same gen is gen 3 with kyogre and wailmer, but kyogre is an orca which aren't actually even whales.

Luxray is more based on a Lynx (English description) or a Tiger (Japanese Description). Even so... it and Pyroar don't look similair, while Pyroar and Solgaleo do because of the mane. I don't think they can have a Third Lion that looks similair, because even in RL, its hard to distuiginsh? (Non-English speaker), the Lion species from eachother. This is possibly also the reason we haven't gotten another Giraffe, Octopus or Elephant Pokemon.
Luxray is very clearly a lion?

Totally forgot about Solgaleo, though... we might have enough lions at this point. But if we were to get another, I would at least expect it to not be Fire or Electric-type. Or Sun-related in any way.

love love love the thought of getting another fox and lion. my two favorite animals.

having non-legend wolves there brings down its credibility quite a bit though, unless it's a lycanroc variant.

closest thing I can think of with box legends animal also being the animal of a regular new pokemon in the same gen is gen 3 with kyogre and wailmer, but kyogre is an orca which aren't actually even whales.
Granted we also got dragon legends in a Gen that gave us dragons and a bird legend in a Gen that gave us birds. I don't think it outright negates the possibility of getting a wolf same Gen as wolf legendaries but we did just get lycanroc.

Granted we also got dragon legends in a Gen that gave us dragons and a bird legend in a Gen that gave us birds. I don't think it outright negates the possibility of getting a wolf same Gen as wolf legendaries but we did just get lycanroc.

Gigantimax all the wolf Pokémon, like Mightyena or Lycanroc :D

Krookodile most likely is a gharial. Look at that narrow snout with the flared nostril end.
Also, Game Freak is not beyond taking a basis they've done before and then putting a new spin on it. And I, personally am happy about that.

Luxray is very clearly a lion?
The Luxray line seems pretty generic as far as animal inspiration to me. Its design is clearly a "big cat", but that's as specific as we can get without more context, and the names are kind of all over the place with species references. I wouldn't ever say it's clearly a lion though because it has the tuft of fur coming off of its head and not around the neck as a mane.

Meh, so far only 1 leak turned out to be true (1 and a half, the other about the whip cream), so this is statistically likely to be made-up. I guess that leaker that got it right isn't posting newer ones.

I think the leak's fake, but remember you’re saying this right after the reveal of Slurpuff 2.0, and Roggenrola 2.0.
This isn't even mentioning how a good portion of Unova's dex were knock-offs of Kanto Pokemon

Meh, so far only 1 leak turned out to be true (1 and a half, the other about the whip cream), so this is statistically likely to be made-up. I guess that leaker that got it right isn't posting newer ones.
...I wouldn't call the whip cream one "half." It got one lucky guess and that was it.

That said, we've actually had four.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom