• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't know if 2020 will be a gap year, though. Game Freak seems to want to push out a game every year. As much as I would like for Game Freak to take a year off, I don't see that happening.
They did do it in 2015, so I can see GF taking the year off in 2020, especially considering that Nintendo doesn't need a new Pokemon game that year with Animal Crossing and Breath of the Wild 2 coming out.

They did do it in 2015, so I can see GF taking the year off in 2020, especially considering that Nintendo doesn't need a new Pokemon game that year with Animal Crossing and Breath of the Wild 2 coming out.
Nintendo has proven that they can release multiple big titles in one year, with Breath of the Wild and Super Mario Odyssey in 2017. They're gonna want Pokemon to have a big presence on the Switch and releasing another Pokemon game in the same year as other anticipated games is the way to do it. Besides, Animal Crossing was delayed, it was originally a 2019 game. By this year, Game Freak already made the plans with Nintendo on their agreement for when the next games should be released. Not only that, but Game Freak also have to keep in mind that there's also the anime, TCG, and even merchandise that relies on them releasing new material to work with.

2020 is gonna be a gap year.
Considering that Gen 7 didn’t have a gap year and Game Freak’s comments about not wanting to keep the audience waiting with the games, I doubt they’ll have a gap year any time soon.

I do not expect a gap year. It'd be very beneficial for them to do so, both for the games and the developers, but I do expect a Sinnoh remake in late 2020.

Early 2021 at the very latest, imo.

Considering that Gen 7 didn’t have a gap year and Game Freak’s comments about not wanting to keep the audience waiting with the games, I doubt they’ll have a gap year any time soon.

The problem is that the fanbase will riot if Gamefreak doesn't take time off, because then we again get half-baked games. Gamefreak can only afford so much at this point. If they don't take a break in 2020, they basically destroy their franchise.

I think that we might get another Let's Go title instead of a Sinnoh remake.
Honestly I expect both to continue...though actually now that you say this I can imagine the addition of let's go games to delay other games (which is fine). Let's Go Johto first, then Sinnoh remake, then Let's Go Hoenn.

Nintendo has proven that they can release multiple big titles in one year, with Breath of the Wild and Super Mario Odyssey in 2017. They're gonna want Pokemon to have a big presence on the Switch and releasing another Pokemon game in the same year as other anticipated games is the way to do it. Besides, Animal Crossing was delayed, it was originally a 2019 game. By this year, Game Freak already made the plans with Nintendo on their agreement for when the next games should be released. Not only that, but Game Freak also have to keep in mind that there's also the anime, TCG, and even merchandise that relies on them releasing new material to work with.

Which isn't an issue with a gap year, since new generations don't come every year, but every three year (I am expecting it becoming four with the Switch). So a gap year won't hurt the Anime, TCG and Merchandise anyways and as such thats a weak argument.

Now, I don't believe all three Sinnoh starters would get Gigantamaxed forms right off the bat. If Mega Blaziken is any indication, only one Sinnoh starter will get a Gigantamax form before the remake.
Yeah. Doing this would actually make the Sinnoh remakes less likely to happen.

Breath of the Wild 2 was just announced to be in development. I think if they were aiming for a 2020 release date, even if it was late, they would have said something more about it. We have no idea how far along the game is, only that it's in development. Even late 2020 is highly doubtful BOTW 2's release. (This being said, there is a rumor currently stating that the game will be releasing either Late 2020 or early 2021, along with a more powerful Nintendo Switch. But still, I don't think we will see BOTW before 2021).

And, with Animal Crossing being in early 2020, Nintendo will likely be needing something for late 2020, to sell Switches and Switch Mini's for the Holidays.

I completely agree that GF needs to take a break! And hope they take one as soon as possible. It's hard to tell on when they would do this break year though. For some reason, it feels like 2020 will be the break year, but looking at Gen 6 when we had our last traditional remake, they took their break year after the remake was released (2014 having ORAS, and 2015 being the break year). I feel like either is possible.

Last edited:
2001: Crystal
2002: RS
2004: FR-LG, Emerald
2006: D/P
2008: Platinum
2009: HG-SS
2010: BW (Three sets of games before break year)
2012: BW2
2013: XY
2014: ORAS (Three sets of games before break year
2016: SUMO
2017: USUM
2018: LGPE
2019: Sword and Shield.
However, if we go of the pattern since Platinum, 2019 should have been a gap year, but it clashes with every three year a new generation. So 2020 for the Gap year seems the most likely.

2001: Crystal
2002: RS
2004: FR-LG, Emerald
2006: D/P
2008: Platinum
2009: HG-SS
2010: BW (Three sets of games before break year)
2012: BW2
2013: XY
2014: ORAS (Three sets of games before break year
2016: SUMO
2017: USUM
2018: LGPE
2019: Sword and Shield.
However, if we go of the pattern since Platinum, 2019 should have been a gap year, but it clashes with every three year a new generation. So 2020 for the Gap year seems the most likely.

should be taking new mechanics, abilities, moves that we need to test as players longer.

somehow i can see the mobile games (pokemon masters?) influencing the anime, merch ect.
edit: oh and I wanted to add that it was by pokemon go which is mobile that we got meltan first (a new pokemon).

somehow i can see the mobile games (pokemon masters?) influencing the anime, merch ect.
edit: oh and I wanted to add that it was by pokemon go which is mobile that we got meltan first (a new pokemon).
In conjunction with the release of Let's Go, though, a non-mobile main series game.

I don’t really see the point of repeating over and over again that we might not see Generation 4 remakes for no reason on the Generation 4 remake thread...
This is the Leak Repository, though? Gen 4 Remake is over here. The subject kinda got switched to Sinnoh because of the one rumor claiming Piplup would get a Gigantimax form.

We don't know if 2020 will be a gap year, though. Game Freak seems to want to push out a game every year. As much as I would like for Game Freak to take a year off, I don't see that happening.
2020's likely to be a gap year (and really, if not 2020 then it definitely would be 2021). Game Freak has already made statements saying that they want to focus on more than just Pokemon and that the Switch is likely to live longer than most other handhelds means that their strategy of just cranking out yearly games with periodic breaks will be re-examined. it'll especially be the case since they're pitching the whole "fewer pokemon, but higher quality overall" bit

Found some more leaks on 4chan (two different ones):

New trailer tomorrow
Gigantamax Charizard and Gigantamax Pikachu
Regional Bug and a new Pikaclone
Galarian forms
Dark and Fairy gym
Starter evolutions
2 New Eevelutions
Impidimp, a shark and a dragon
Champion
Evil team
Legendaries

Let’s Go Ho-Oh and Let’s Go Lugia will release in 2020
  • Standard Johto starters, but they don’t evolve and act like your starting Pikachu/Eevee did
  • Breeding is back, held items are still gone
  • New friendly rival instead of the jerk rival, but Gold, Silver, and Kris are still present
  • Jessie and James return
  • Because of Niantic’s request and fondness of the feature, the return of Mega Evolution is being considered
  • Possible new Megas for Noctowl, Fearow, Miltank, Tauros, Primeape, Jynx, Electrode, Jumpluff, Quagsire, Crobat, Venomoth, Omastar, Kabutops, Macargo, Machamp, Azumaril, Typhlosion, Meganium, and Feraligatr
  • Maylene visits Olivine City for daily battles, the reward being Bottle Caps
  • A new mythical pokemon will be introduced that you will be able to transfer in from pokemon go though a final design hasn't been decided on

I don’t buy either of them personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom