• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do think that we're going to have a new trailer in the next few weeks as TPC's not going to let CoroCoro beat them to the punch anymore. If anything, we might get stuff in the next week specifically, as CoroCoro usually leaks around the 10th/11th.
It's going to leak earlier this month due to holidays, so we can expect it even sooner than that. =D

Especially ones that claim that the Battle Frontier is returning.
Leaks that mention the Battle Frontier seem to miss the fact that every region since Sinnoh has had its own unique battle facility with a different name, so I doubt that they would bring back the Battle Frontier when they could give us Battle Boat or Battle Ferris Wheel instead.

Leaks are on overdrive today, guess the lack of news reignited the fire

1 minute 57 second trailer on Wednesday 7th August.
In this trailer you will see 3 new Pokémon.
An ant Pokémon which will be the regional bug. Bug and fighting. (Not in the trailer - first form is a larva. Born at night its black and a bug/fighting type. Born in the day its red and a big/fire typing.)
A deer Pokémon which is a normal and grass typing.
A witch hat Pokémon. (Imagine the hat from Harry Potter.) this will be a ghost and dark typing.
You will see a new gym, seen it before with chairmen rose. This will be the fire gym led by Max. You will see him throw a Pokeball with a Charmander.
Lastly you will see 2 Galarian form pokemon. An Oddish which is fire and grass then a Hoppip which will be steel.

Not in the trailer now.
Chairmen rose, Oleana and Leon keep popping up throughout the journey to spy on you. They report their findings to the leader of team Yell who is Kakon. He owns a lot of companies like Chairman Rose.
2 professors in the game. Second professor who is Professor Banyan.
Through your rotom phone, as long as you are not in a building or cave, you can call a Corvinight taxi to pick you up and take you anywhere.
An island which is not on the map you have seen. this will be the post game island which includes the battle frontier along with additional stories and quests.
Impidimp to be officially unveiled at worlds.
Finding items and cook with partner pokemon will raise stats and help Pokémon EXP up.
You can buy flowers at flower shops. You will get Bede and Marnie take an interest in you which you will have to choose one to be with. Purchasing flowers for the chosen one can build up the relationship. Later in the game when you take on the evil team, your partner will be with you fighting. Some battles will be 2 on 2. Eventually they are kidnapped and you rescue your partner with the help of Hop.
598 Pokémon in the game. All gen starts are in. The only non gen 8 legendries are Mew and Mewtwo.
Eternatus is the 3rd legendary who is a dragon.

And a more plausible one, via content.

don't know too much myself, but my friend who works on the videos in one of the translation departments told me some stuff, so here's a loose recollection after taking notes

August 5th trailer, SUPER soon and tons of reveals. Biggest trailer yet.
Skwovet and Greedunt are shown, and Skwovet is that squirrel mon everyone's been thinking. It's normal type, but Greedunt is normal/dark and looks kind of sinister.
Some pokemon based on a wallaby called Brawlaby, pure fighting.
Corviknight's pre-evolution, Braven, same typing. It's a two-staged line overall.
Impidimp is revealed ALONG with it's evolution (which is why my friend thinks they've been waiting so long) called Madevolent, I guess based off of the world Malevolent? Same typing, Dark/Fairy. Same colors, but bigger and with huge wings on it's back and a wide open mouth.
Something called Snowga. An Ice/Psychic type. It looks like an ice humanoid covered in snow, but the ice between the snow gaps is sort of glowing pink and it has a even pinker gem lodged into it's head.
Kabu, the fire gym leader is shown. He throws out the final Pokemon of the trailer, some little hedgehog called Kindlespike. It's orange and white, with burning red spikes on it's back. Pure fire.
You're shown the box legend really early and it's because you need to fight alongside them sometimes during your journey in double battles against a different organization (not Team Yell) called Key Company. The trailer tells you they're evil and up to something, but don't give you details to their plans. They're seen using a Corviknight and Impidimp against the trainer's Scorbunny and the wild Zacian/Zamazenta. Zacian is Steel/Fighting, Zamazenta Steel/Ground.
Two more Gigantamax forms, this time for Kanto pokemon. Lapras is shown, with a music theme and Machamp, who gets two extra arms and gets even buffer.
Trailer ends with an Eevee silhouette. Friend says it's dragon and will prob be at Worlds!
Starters next month, he knows nothing else yet.

Last edited:
I hope the August 5th trailer is right because I would definitely like more stuff to talk about sooner rather than later, but the Eeveelution piggybacking makes me disbelieve it.

Gotta say... if you're a leaker who knows trailer info, then you shouldn't know non-trailer info because that isn't your department. Plus if you're gonna leak it, I doubt you're really going to make note of the exact length of the trailer as being something that is leak-worthy. You'd have other more important info to commit to memory than that.

Plus Deerling is already a thing- getting another Normal/Grass deer would be ridiculous...

But not nearly as ridiculous as that implied relationship mechanic with one of your rivals.

So I don't believe this new August 7th one (or the last one).

Can't say that I believe the August 5th one, but not much terribly stands out about it... except Key Company being thrown in on top of Team Yell and Rose's Corporation like we didn't have enough major organizations in this game already.

Also can't say that Machamp really needed any more arms.

And there's the eeveelution thing again... they mention it being shown at Worlds but they already failed to show off pokemon at another typical reveal venue thus far so I honestly doubt that Worlds will reveal a solo pokemon either.

Fighting alongside the legendary is a cool idea, though.

Gotta say... if you're a leaker who knows trailer info, then you shouldn't know non-trailer info because that isn't your department. Plus if you're gonna leak it, I doubt you're really going to make note of the exact length of the trailer as being something that is leak-worthy. You'd have other more important info to commit to memory than that.

Plus Deerling is already a thing- getting another Normal/Grass deer would be ridiculous...

But not nearly as ridiculous as that implied relationship mechanic with one of your rivals.

So I don't believe this new August 7th one (or the last one, but still).

Can't say that I believe the August 5th one, but not much terribly stands out about it... except Key Company being thrown in on top of Team Yell and Rose's Corporation like we didn't have enough organizations in this game already.

Also can't say that Machamp really needed any more arms.

And there's the eeveelution thing again... they mention it being shown at Worlds but they already failed to show off pokemon at another typical reveal venue thus far so I honestly doubt that Worlds will reveal a solo pokemon either.

Fighting alongside the legendary is a cool idea, though.
Yeah I take the first one as a joke, but the second has my interest piqued. Honestly with stuff like sponsorships introduced now, I wouldn't be surprised if more companies are involved with the story, even it's it's just these 2.

As for Machamp, the extra arm thing has been a popular idea since mega evolution, having machamp turn into an Asura of sorts.

Now as for Eeveelution, yeah that could be the one to shoot it's own foot, but most world reveals are just one pokemon anyway. Back in gen 6 they only showed Mega Kangaskahn, ORAS was Slowbro, and SM was Crabrawler if I remember. So one pokemon at worlds is not farfetched.

I also like the idea of fighting along side the legend from time to time. It can also work since the Za's seem to roam the region on their own in their debut.

Now as for Eeveelution, yeah that could be the one to shoot it's own foot, but most world reveals are just one pokemon anyway. Back in gen 6 they only showed Mega Kangaskahn, ORAS was Slowbro, and SM was Crabrawler if I remember. So one pokemon at worlds is not farfetched.
The thing about that is that the same has been happening for Japan Expo- for XY they revealed Honedge and for SM they revealed Salandit- but we didn't get a reveal there at all this year, only the trailer that dropped the day after the event ended. Plus this news cycle has been slower and lighter than in the past, so I feel that they're not going to take every opportunity to drop a tidbit of news- Worlds may not get anything or it might get a trailer. I don't think it will get just one pokemon this time around because that just isn't in line with how this news cycle has been running.

The thing about that is that the same has been happening for Japan Expo- for XY they revealed Honedge and for SM they revealed Salandit- but we didn't get a reveal there at all this year, only the trailer that dropped the day after the event ended. Plus this news cycle has been slower and lighter than in the past, so I feel that they're not going to take every opportunity to drop a tidbit of news- Worlds may not get anything or it might get a trailer. I don't think it will get just one pokemon this time around because that just isn't in line with how this news cycle has been running.
A very good point there.

That 1st leak of the 2 seems purposely stupid. An Oddish that is Fire/Grass, 1st off it's hard to imagine Kanto pokemon again for Galar variants, and Oddish most likely will be Grass/Fire. Also Gloom has a branched evolution.

Meh.
i can see world revealing only 1-2 mons

That 1st leak of the 2 seems purposely stupid. An Oddish that is Fire/Grass, 1st off it's hard to imagine Kanto pokemon again for Galar variants, and Oddish most likely will be Grass/Fire. Also Gloom has a branched evolution.
Is it really that hard to imagine Kanto again for Galar variants? We've already been told that Lapras will get a Gigantamax, Farfetch'd will get an evolution, and Meowth will get a Galar form.

And having a branched evolution doesn't really stop anything... they could come up with a new form for both or go the Mega Evolution route and only do a new form for one.

don't know too much myself, but my friend who works on the videos in one of the translation departments told me some stuff, so here's a loose recollection after taking notes

August 5th trailer, SUPER soon and tons of reveals. Biggest trailer yet.
"This trailer is literally coming out in two days but my friend wanted to risk his job just to tell me lol"

Trailer ends with an Eevee silhouette. Friend says it's dragon and will prob be at Worlds!
Is this the fourth or fifth one promising Eeveelutions just revealed as a silhouette? Who cares it's boring either way.

Uhhhh
hm.
XD Oh yeah, speaking of that part of that leak... gotta admire this leaker's faith that Sword and Shield will not only be the first to let you have an in-game relationship with an NPC but will also let you choose to be in a homosexual relationship as well.

Sounds legit to me.

iirc unless I'm mistaken, didn't XY try to ship the protagonist with Shauna? I didn't play as the male protag so maybe she had some different dialogue with him, but man was she crushing hard on the female protag.

and same with ORAS with Brendan crushing really hard on May.

Game Freak's not above throwing "romance" (more like friend crushes but you get the point) in Pokemon. They're not even that subtle about it; but it's not overly blatant, either. Just enough that it seems like those who get it will get it and those who don't, it'll just slip under their radar, if that makes sense.

Not saying whether or not it'll happen in SwSh, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was a subtle-yet-not-so-subtle "friend crush" of some sort, again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom