• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So a friend of mine linked me to a 4chan post yesterday that said might be a good leak... I thought I'd screen it for here for the sake of posterity.
Some of it doesn't seem believable to me tbh.
He mentioned that someone said that regular Ariados was seen in a trailer at some point, which debunks it, but neither of us remembers seeing it off the top of our heads (nor Spinarak for that matter).
The Ariados family have not been seen yet but the leak doesn’t sound real to me regardless. Seems unlikely that we would get another seagull with the exact same typing as Wingull, and “Slowmad” is just an atrocious name even worse than the other members of its alleged evolution line.

So a friend of mine linked me to a 4chan post yesterday that said might be a good leak... I thought I'd screen it for here for the sake of posterity.
He mentioned that someone said that regular Ariados was seen in a trailer at some point, which debunks it, but neither of us remembers seeing it off the top of our heads (nor Spinarak for that matter).
Well, Spinarak and Ariados aren't on Serebii's "Available in Galar" list, unfortunately...

Very much groaning at the seagull thing again, though. And the bad pokemon evo names.
....and the fact that they want us to believe that Slowpoke is getting yet another second stage evolution.

…Slowmad? If Slowing didn’t get anything while Slowbro got a Mega Evolution, then why should we believe that Slowpoke will get another branched evolution?

It's a lot of content and mostly new ideas at least, but there's one thing that majorly stands out to me. The most credible leak, the one this one is clearly based on (since it brings back the seagull throwing Pokemon) puts Meowth with the regional evolutions. But this person claims Meowth gets a regional form that just doesn't evolve at all, and looks totally different from the description? Affleck also says "Lapras gets layers like musical bars to its shell and musical notes ", but this leak describes a totally different Gigantamax Lapras.

They mostly did good work-none of those regionals are on Serebii's confirmed list-but contradicting a leak even while you refer to it is kinda dumb.

Yeah, the names for those variant evolutions are what make me doubt this leak tbh. Thought that Skitty and Delcatty regional variant idea seems cool.

It's a lot of content and mostly new ideas at least, but there's one thing that majorly stands out to me. The most credible leak, the one this one is clearly based on (since it brings back the seagull throwing Pokemon) puts Meowth with the regional evolutions. But this person claims Meowth gets a regional form that just doesn't evolve at all? Affleck also says "Lapras gets layers like musical bars to its shell and musical notes ", but this leak describes a totally different Gigantamax Lapras.

They mostly did good work-none of those regionals are on Serebii's confirmed list-but contradicting a leak even while you refer to it is kinda dumb.
I hadn't thought about the Lapras and Meowth Gigantamax stuff. It was mostly the names that threw me off.

I don't think that counts, since that promotion is only for pre-orders, not for early adopters- early adopters is everyone who buys soon after release, not only people who preordered the games.

I wanted to point out that the Dynamax Crystals for Larvitar & Jangmo-o are not pre-order bonuses. You get them from the Sword & Shield Dual Pack only, but no pre-ordering is required for them.

Considering that, Larvitar/Jangmo-o are essentially our early adopter gifts (along with Mew, if they restock PokeBall Pluses for release).

I wanted to point out that the Dynamax Crystals for Larvitar & Jangmo-o are not pre-order bonuses. You get them from the Sword & Shield Dual Pack only, but no pre-ordering is required for them.

Considering that, Larvitar/Jangmo-o are essentially our early adopter gifts (along with Mew, if they restock PokeBall Pluses for release).
Ohh... could've sworn it was preorder, but I forgot the double pack was a thing.

If that's the case, and that's the early adopter gift then... that's shitty because it's only being given to people who buy the double pack. And if you're buying both games anyway what do you need special crystals to get the opposite version exclusives for?!

Though hey, maybe the sheer stupidity of this promotion just means that them getting Gigantamax forms is all the more likely.

Edit: Figured out why I thought it was a preorder bonus. Big preorder button is big.

And if you're buying both games anyway what do you need special crystals to get the opposite version exclusives for?!

I am not clear that you can still trade to yourself on the Switch. I did that on the 3DS by borrowing my sibling's 3DS and using my copies of both versions.

But it only works on the 3DS because it stores the memory on the card. I believe on the Switch it stores the memory on the Switch and not the card, so it may no longer be possible to trade with yourself unless you own 2 Switches.

Am I wrong?

Knightwolf, did you write this? :rolleyes:

"Meteodaina" lol!
Another leak claiming that Team Yell is not just a fan club...pass!
Cedric is pursuing the princess? Is he also the royal sorcerer?

100 percent fake.
Wait a sec I didn’t even notice that the leak claimed there would be a new character named Cedric. We’ve already got a Cedric: Cedric Juniper. Yeah, this leak is definitely fake.

this leak describes a totally different Gigantamax Lapras.

Not necessarily. This leak only said that it has a more elongated neck, but for all we know so could the "musical" one.

In any case, this one was at least much more amusing to me than the other ones. The Galarian Ekans/Arbok sound epic, Bouffalant I actually could see happening, and Thanksgiving Spearow/Fearow is one of those out of nowhere ideas no-one asked for, but troll-y enough for Game Freak to do.

Galarian Ariados:

main-qimg-167a6a258b05f8467f80c0eedac38db3

I want it to be real solely for that Galarian Skitty line idea. I need that in my life now. But with all the issues in it like the very odd names (What the heck is Slowmad?!), and the contradicting with the real leak just scream fake to me.

But gimme that Galarian Skitty line. If that exists and it looks good it would immediately go on my team.

I want it to be real solely for that Galarian Skitty line idea. I need that in my life now. But with all the issues in it like the very odd names (What the heck is Slowmad?!), and the contradicting with the real leak just scream fake to me.

But gimme that Galarian Skitty line. If that exists and it looks good it would immediately go on my team.
Thinking about it, they could just be temp names used by the Translation team(s) while they work on better ones... Then again, I could just be reaching. As much as I like the G-Skitty and G-Spinarak line concepts, there's a lot to the rest I have no real interest in.

I am not clear that you can still trade to yourself on the Switch. I did that on the 3DS by borrowing my sibling's 3DS and using my copies of both versions.

But it only works on the 3DS because it stores the memory on the card. I believe on the Switch it stores the memory on the Switch and not the card, so it may no longer be possible to trade with yourself unless you own 2 Switches.

Am I wrong?
Well if you have a second Switch, someone to help you trade between your games, or access to HOME then it's definitely feasible to trade with yourself.

Otherwise, this promotion is only useful to people who only have one Switch, no local friends or Switch Online, and will not be using HOME or are too impatient to wait for HOME to release before acquiring the opposite pseudo in their game (but will then have to wait or acquire one of those other things anyway because there are still other version exclusives to obtain).

Really, the usefulness of these crystals is limited unless there is something particularly special about these two Pokémon that they haven't told us yet. It's like they're counting on the fact that most people buying the double pack won't have friends or be getting Switch Online or HOME.

Also wow is the fact that your game saves to your Switch super uncomfortable to me.

Last edited:
beartic becomes an ice mountain yeah right

Pretty sure at this point anything that says Scorbunny's final Evo is anything but pure fire (at least that's my interpretation of Affleck) is fake.

Pretty sure at this point anything that says Scorbunny's final Evo is anything but pure fire (at least that's my interpretation of Affleck) is fake.
Noooot necessarily...
Scorbunny will have fighting moves, but is pure fighter. It becomes Raboot, but I don't remember the final evolution, except that it looks like a fighter. It looks humanoid

He said that he doesn't remember the final evo, so the type is still kind of up in the air for that one.

Though I think anything that claims it's a soccer player is probably fake. >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom