• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
beartic becomes an ice mountain yeah right

Definitely! Avalugg would be a much better fit for becoming an ice mountain through Gigantamax.

U'm... that actually is what Beartic is based on though aside from being an obvious Polar Bear. If you look at it with its arms on the sides, from the head down it already resemble a snowy mountain-top.

Avalugg being Gigantamaxxed would probably bring out it's Ice Aircraft Carrier motif much more: Britain Had A Wild Plan To Make Icebergs Into Aircraft Carriers During World War II

project-habakkuk.png

Fact that it was a British invention for the allies makes me almost certain that would be the inspiration.

Homestly, Slowbro is just as cringy as Slowmad.

U mad bro? & I agree, given that we already have Mega-Bro, they should focus on mons who haven't gotten anything yet.

Sticks and stones may brake my bones but words don't hurt me?
Wanted to reply to this piece of literal trash yesterday, but I, and many other victims of bullying would completely disagree. And many would not be so civil in their disagreement.

Words are capable of breaking you more horribly than any weapon can, and you should feel lucky if you haven’t even experienced that breakdown. This single sentence disregards all emotions the victim experiences of bullying and teasing experience, and just shake it off. I don’t know about others, but I wish I had been beaten and incapacitated with sticks and stones instead of words.

Sorry if it sounds uncalled for or rant-y, but I find this saying given any kind of validation at this time, when we know exactly how psychological damage breaks you, highly uneducated, and even condescending towards bullying and verbal assault victims.

Last edited:
Please take what I'm about to say as an example. You can either like it or not, but I find it very interesting.

I heard one person say, that if you're offended, then it's your fault. If someone says something offensive unintentionally, it is your fault for being offended. If someone says something offensive on purpose, it is your fault for giving them the power to offend you.

In other words, we must put childish things behind us and transition into more responsible adults. Arguing, bickering, envy, strife... All these are what make people not as adults, but as children. And unfortunately, there are plenty of them in the world. I may get upset, I may get offended, but over time I learn to cope with it without the need of violence.
Being offended isn't childish. Using that "sticks and stones" saying is childish. That saying is a tool parents gave their kids to try to remember not to take things to heart so they wouldn't be hurt by them, and in some situations it works and in some situations it understandably doesn't.

And blaming the offended person for being offended is blaming the victim and that shit just isn't right.

Also arguing, bickering, envy and strife aren't aspects of being children, they're aspects of being human. Being an "adult" doesn't mean that you lose half of your emotions and the idea that you do is ridiculous and perhaps childish in itself.

Gonna add on that I think the only time that "sticks and stones" thing is appropriate is for a very young child because they have to deal with other very young children saying loads of unreasonably stupid hurtful things just because they can without really thinking about it, and that phrase is just a tool to help a tiny tot develop some emotion control... not a phrase intended to apply to the rest of their life.

Last edited:
I won’t dive too deep into this tangential rabbit hole, but I felt like I needed to reply to this because....wow.

I heard one person say, that if you're offended, then it's your fault. If someone says something offensive unintentionally, it is your fault for being offended. If someone says something offensive on purpose, it is your fault for giving them the power to offend you.
Yikes, this is an awful, awful take. Whoever this “one person” is, they must be very privileged. It’s very clear-cut victim blaming. I don’t even understand how you can arrive at the conclusion that the blame for a person’s vitriolic ignorance lies with someone on the receiving end of it.

Words are no different than physical violence; they just damage the other person in different ways.

In other words, we must put childish things behind us and transition into more responsible adults. Arguing, bickering, envy, strife... All these are what make people not as adults, but as children. And unfortunately, there are plenty of them in the world. I may get upset, I may get offended, but over time I learn to cope with it without the need of violence.
Being a “responsible adult” doesn’t make you immune to emotional damage. Responsible adults argue, bicker, and experience envy and strife. That’s part of life.

whew back to Pokémon.

I won’t dive too deep into this tangential rabbit hole, but I felt like I needed to reply to this because....wow.

Yikes, this is an awful, awful take. Whoever this “one person” is, they must be very privileged. It’s very clear-cut victim blaming. I don’t even understand how you can arrive at the conclusion that the blame for a person’s vitriolic ignorance lies with someone on the receiving end of it.

Words are no different than physical violence; they just damage the other person in different ways.

Being a “responsible adult” doesn’t make you immune to emotional damage. Responsible adults argue, bicker, and experience envy and strife. That’s part of life.

whew back to Pokémon.
If an adult argues, envy and strife like that, it makes you wonder if they are acting as they should as Adults. We maybe adults, the question is, do we Act as Adults? That is a very difficult thing to do. Most of the time they Act like children.

If an adult argues, envy and strife like that, it makes you wonder if they are acting as they should as Adults. We maybe adults, the question is, do we Act as Adults? That is a very difficult thing to do. Most of the time they Act like children.
Sounds like a child-like view of what it means to be an adult.

But I agree with @swiftgallade46- this isn't the place for this conversation, let's get back to pokemon and leaks.

Course you know it's not the words that are itself harmful, but the intent behind it. Some people just want to see you fall, and break down, and will do any means to. To put you in a state where you don't matter to them, but in the sense, they'll rob/scam you for example.

I think the phrase "Sticks and stones ..." wasn't meant for all universal situations. It more geared toward young elementary school kids to prevent further revenges.

Don’t really think it means anything. Chikorita's randomly on the Sun/Moon one and it didn’t get any special treatment.
It's just promotion, typical for a Pokemon Center. But seeing Grookey added in the Osaka logo is expected by now.

Guess it’s time to probably move on, since I'll myself admit, it was a tangential bit that I felt needed addressing, but it taking up the sole focus of the thread isn’t ideal.

So... no leaks apart from that one credible one, and GameFreak decided to be not spoiler-y on the very game that needed spoilering and hype-building. I really don’t know what goes on the minds of GameFreak PR... because it isn’t really working. Sun/Moon had a lot of hype and didn't need bringing on everything on the table, whereas the first drought and the Dexit announcement has dulled the hype for the game. The recent trailer didn’t do much other than some people going gaga for Galarian Weezing.

And this is the first time we’ve got a game trailer to focus on random in-battle items, haven’t we? Sun/Moon was the game that needed such less-info trailers, not SwSh... That just felt irrelevant. I feel that GameFreak PR team is kinda out of touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom