• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't know there were rules, and I didn't know we had the ability to modify pages ourselves. I thought only staff could do that. Today I learned.

There was this really cool feminine Punk/Metal drummer design that was floating around that I thought was neat. Took the "Feminine Starter" concept that's been for the last few gens and turned it on its head.
Really hope we don't end up with something bulky, though. I'd love it if we got something like Noodle from Gorillaz with a punk/metal drummer aesthetic and a dash of jungle themes.

After a Pompadour monkey, I'd love a Punk Drummer Gorilla!

Screenshot_20190828-183127_Chrome.jpg

Why would they give Kabu a Blaziken? I don't know why, but that's what bothers me the most out of everything here.

Isn't he allegedly the third gym leader?

Also Icicle Beam, aside from being close to Ice Beam, sounds like a really generic name for what this move is said to do.

Last edited:
Nothing about this rumor seems implausible. If they continue the new trend of showing us a new trailer at the beginning of the month like they did with June, July and August, then this would be in line with that. Which means that we'd most likely see a trailer in October and November as well.

One in November is almost a given, since the games release a couple of weeks later.

I definitely expect to see the middle stages of Grookey, Scorbunny and Sobble soon. September and October are notorious for showcasing our partner Pokemons' evolutions.

...this guy sure does have a thing for attacks shooting out of spots.

Also, can anyone think of any reason why a trout would be named Tropouria? It's not a tropical fish so that etymology is out...

I don't think I buy this one, the concepts here are just weak.

A trailer leak could be kind of believable, but the idea that Pokemon has a secret schedule for announcing their announcements, which was also leaked? Nah.

Ice dice are a fun enough idea, but not only is Icicle Beam a too-similar name, their idea that 1 would be normal while 6 would be super effective makes no sense. There's no "slightly more effective" option, so a sliding scale wouldn't work. Also, Magnitude is a thing-this wouldn't be the first move to have varying power based on chance.

Tropouria's cool new feature is literally just Poison Point?

Ursaring just wears a shield and gets longer teeth? Even GCorviknight was more interesting.

"Poliwrath can now hypnotize" it literally already learns Hypnosis...

"A Pokemon Direct Announcement" literally two sentences later "Trailer". What is it fam? (also I don't think we will be seeing any more Directs for this game. I think the reason why they did a second one was that they had a lot to show, and because they waited over 3 months to show more about the game. They wanted it to be big.)

Icicle Beam? Have they played Pokemon? Pretty sure Ice Beam is a well-known ice type move that has been in the games since Generation 1 or something. I know they have names that sound somewhat similar, but that similar? Hmmm idk.

Also I already have to deal with Charizard getting extra unnecessary love I do not need to see Blaziken too.

I do think it is somewhat likely that we see a trailer next week though, or at least the week after. Just not this one.

Also, can anyone think of any reason why a trout would be named Tropouria? It's not a tropical fish so that etymology is out...

"Tropos" just means turn or change (Not to be confused with Tropicus.) But it is probably just an unfortunate conjunction of the word Trout and Pour.

I have no idea where the "uria" part comes from other than urine.

A trailer leak could be kind of believable, but the idea that Pokemon has a secret schedule for announcing their announcements, which was also leaked? Nah.
Oh man, since you pointed that out, that does bring another point against it- the Kanto pokemon facts often skipped days, to the point that the projected end date moved three times and at the very end I couldn't even project a date on it anymore because they had maybe four pokemon left and had started friggin' skipping days again. So after that, the idea that the Galar facts, which have been in no way new information, are supposed to be following some tight schedule leading up to an announcement is pretty much laughable. They can do short countdowns on the twitter, sure (and actually they have been counting down to Pokemon Masters) but those Galar facts aren't remotely serving that purpose.

I like object Pokemon, so I'd be okay with a Pokemon based on dice. I am less cool with it using a move called Icicle Beam, seems dumb.

The rest of the new Pokemon and forms seem sub-par.

The leak is too 'clean' to be true. He basically knows too much, as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom