• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they show starter evos, I will scream and order a second cake.

New pokemon, 3 cakes.

new gyms, 4 cakes.

Yeah, I might be getting a lot of cakes.

Just go buy those little single cheesecakes that only have a few bites. Then you have lots of flavors, and still have like 4 cakes. Even if they only equal to about one. XD

My opinion is that there is no correlation between the amount of Pokémon of each type revealed so far and the choice to reveal starter evolutions.
The only pokemon family revealed more than once is Water and Grass types (Drednaw and Gossifleur family). But that's as they are already starter elements. I highly doubt they will reveal another Water or Grass type next.

It’s really not that deep. You make a suggestion, someone disagrees or agrees. It has nothing to do with “liking you or not” or “taking offense”.

[...]

It has nothing to do with you personally, that’s just my opinion.
Yes I know, but obviously I can never test this since I am only 1 person.

But the part that makes me think otherwise is when I talk about a topic with person A, then person A discontinues the topic as person B continues where person A left off. At the end of the day, I get the ban. Not person A, because he only took part in the beginning of the convo, not person B because he only took part at the end of the debate, but I took part in the whole debate from beginning to end.

Yes I know, but obviously I can never test this since I am only 1 person.

But the part that makes me think otherwise is when I talk about a topic with person A, then person A discontinues the topic as person B continues where person A left off. At the end of the day, I get the ban. Not person A, because he only took part in the beginning of the convo, not person B because he only took part at the end of the debate, but I took part in the whole debate from beginning to end.
Sorry this wasn't about people who agree/disagree with me, but people who know what my arguments are before I presented them.

For example, when I made the post of having weaknesses/resistances to Thunder Wave, someone would point out Thunder Wave is not an electric attack it is a status move so no 1 can have weakness/resistance to Thunder Wave. And then I purposely wait a while to see if someone is diligent enough to actually speak up for me, and whoever does that is most likely not the person I'm debating with. Someone who's willing to jeopardize their own image if they decided to side with me. So most likely a newbie.

Sorry this wasn't about people who agree/disagree with me, but people who know what my arguments are before I presented them.

For example, when I made the post of having weaknesses/resistances to Thunder Wave, someone would point out Thunder Wave is not an electric attack it is a status move so no 1 can have weakness/resistance to Thunder Wave. And then I purposely wait a while to see if someone is diligent enough to actually speak up for me, and whoever does that is most likely not the person I'm debating with. Someone who's willing to jeopardize their own image if they decided to side with me. So most likely a newbie.
It's not about image here. There's no reputations to protect, there's just people who agree or disagree with you, and no one agreed with you. You seem to be imagining a pecking order that doesn't exist.

I don't think that we are going to see a lot of major information here, like the starter evolutions, so that Pokemon doesn't overshadow everything else that Nintendo wants to show off here.

It's not about image here. There's no reputations to protect, there's just people who agree or disagree with you, and no one agreed with you. You seem to be imagining a pecking order that doesn't exist.
1st off this wasn't about agree/disagree but whether people know my arguments beforehand, and half the balls to stick up.

2nd off, um, let's not forget about the likes button.

But going back to about arguments beforehand, when someone says Thunder Wave is a status move and so nobody can have weakness/resistance to it, I didn't just jump in to say Thunder Wave as an electric move straight up...

I went in half-way, to see if anyone can figure out what I meant.

So my half-way was saying "Well Thunder Wave doesn't hit Ground type pokemon..."

Then, I wait, to see if anyone figures it out.

So then finally, someone would make the "I think I know what Neal meant to say." But was that person a regular poster here? Or someone who isn't a regular poster here.

I don't think that we are going to see a lot of major information here, like the starter evolutions, so that Pokemon doesn't overshadow everything else that Nintendo wants to show off here.

Except that the direct description literally says that it’s one of the main things along with luigi’s mansion 3. Everything else is basically just 2019 announcements. Probably a lot of ports, and actual release dates with some hints at 2020. Probably somethin on animal crossing

Honestly, if they just revealed starter evos, it wouldn't be overshadowing. They're not that exciting.

1st off this wasn't about agree/disagree but whether people know my arguments beforehand, and half the balls to stick up.

2nd off, um, let's not forget about the likes button.

But going back to about arguments beforehand, when someone says Thunder Wave is a status move and so nobody can have weakness/resistance to it, I didn't just jump in to say Thunder Wave as an electric move straight up...

I went in half-way, to see if anyone can figure out what I meant.

So my half-way was saying "Well Thunder Wave doesn't hit Ground type pokemon..."

Then, I wait, to see if anyone figures it out.

So then finally, someone would make the "I think I know what Neal meant to say." But was that person a regular poster here? Or someone who isn't a regular poster here.
The likes are just how people express agreement without jumping in on the conversation.

And yes, looking back on the conversation that you are referencing, that user has been a regular poster, just not quite as frequent as others. That really has nothing to do with it, though- no one is afraid to speak up for someone due to any "reputation" they might have on this forum. I am sure that very very few of us have any personal connections on this forum and are simply here for the news and discussion. Some people are just more willing to try to guess at what you're trying to say, but discussions shouldn't be a game of seeing who's willing to try to play mindreader, and the rest of us don't have the patience for that beating around the bush. Just explain what you mean if you wish to be understood and don't blame the status quo for no one taking your side.

I'm thinking that they would just reveal minor information. I think that they would save the big guns like the starter evos for a dedicated Pokemon direct.

The only pokemon family revealed more than once is Water and Grass types (Drednaw and Gossifleur family). But that's as they are already starter elements. I highly doubt they will reveal another Water or Grass type next.
Actually, this is incorrect. Even if you don’t count Impidimp or Galarian Forms, we have Rolycoly who shares Rock-type with Drednaw, Duraludon who shares Steel-type with Corviknight, and Morepeko who shares Electric-type with Yamper. There is no pattern here.

I’m not gonna comment any further on the rest as it’s pretty irrelevant. No one is out to get you or inherently biased based on likes or amount of reputable opinions. Believe what you want lol.

Actually, this is incorrect. Even if you don’t count Impidimp or Galarian Forms, we have Rolycoly who shares Rock-type with Drednaw, Duraludon who shares Steel-type with Corviknight, and Morepeko who shares Electric-type with Yamper. There is no pattern here.
Sigh. What else did I forget to say? That I was talking about primary typing. But yes, if you include 2ndary typing, then that is certainly a way around my posts.

Drednaw's 2ndary typing is Rock and then Rolycoly is the 1st Rock pokemon as primary typing uh huh.

Could have predicted someone would nitpick my post like that.

Boy you have no idea how you are so wrong.

I was talking about this forum specifically. Whatever happened elsewhere is irrelevant to what goes on here.

Sigh. What else did I forget to say? That I was talking about primary typing. But yes, if you include 2ndary typing, then that is certainly a way around my posts.

Drednaw's 2ndary typing is Rock and then Rolycoly is the 1st Rock pokemon as primary typing uh huh.

Could have predicted someone would nitpick my post like that.
That's because type order really doesn't matter that much.

You also appear to have missed Yamper and Morpeko, whose primary types are both Electric.

Suppose I could also add on that Impidimp and Obstagoon also share a primary type, so the point still stands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom