• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sigh. What else did I forget to say? That I was talking about primary typing. But yes, if you include 2ndary typing, then that is certainly a way around my posts.

Drednaw's 2ndary typing is Rock and then Rolycoly is the 1st Rock pokemon as primary typing uh huh.

Could have predicted someone would nitpick my post like that.
Friend, you seem upset and you’re assuming the worst. There was no way for me to know that you were referring to Primary vs Secondary types especially when (in my opinion) there is no significant difference between the two. I’m not out to nitpick or get around your posts or belittle you or your opinions, I’m just here to justify my own as objectively as possible. Apologies if anything I’ve said made you feel targeted!

1st off this wasn't about agree/disagree but whether people know my arguments beforehand, and half the balls to stick up.

2nd off, um, let's not forget about the likes button.

But going back to about arguments beforehand, when someone says Thunder Wave is a status move and so nobody can have weakness/resistance to it, I didn't just jump in to say Thunder Wave as an electric move straight up...

I went in half-way, to see if anyone can figure out what I meant.

So my half-way was saying "Well Thunder Wave doesn't hit Ground type pokemon..."

Then, I wait, to see if anyone figures it out.

So then finally, someone would make the "I think I know what Neal meant to say." But was that person a regular poster here? Or someone who isn't a regular poster here.
How does your status move proposal have anything to do with the sword and shield leak thread?

Ok I have 1 last example on this forum.

I didn't know what the " meant.

And so, pages upon pages I got into a debate over a misunderstanding, you think people were quick to tell me what the " meant or let it go on for pages so eventually getting my 1st infraction or whatever.

Yes I did, 1 could argue Morpeko was meant as a pikaclone rather than an element. Though perhaps if GF knew they were gonna reveal Morpeko, they could have withheld revealing Yamper beforehand.
How the hell were we supposed to know that you did not understand the meaning of a quotation mark? It's standard English.

And I am certain that GameFreak is not revealing pokemon based on element. There is no reason for them to do that.

How the hell were we supposed to know that you did not understand the meaning of a quotation mark? It's standard English.
No the " that Knightwolf09 uses when posting a leak that came from another source.

And I am certain that GameFreak is not revealing pokemon based on element. There is no reason for them to do that.
Right, only to give each element a fair share of order. So not to reveal too many from 1 element over another.

People actually did say, several times, that Knightwolf was quoting someone else, and it wasn't his words.
But they didn't tell me about the ".

Note that that leak itself started as "I have a friend from Nintendo who ..."

So I thought KnightWolf himself was originating that.

But it turns out, he had a " the line above so I was supposed to know that it wasn't his.

So yes, people will say KnightWolf was quoting someone else, but certainly not be nice enough to tell me how they knew. That he had a " above it.

Also, you were accusing him of lying, and people were defending him, so... kinda goes against your "nobody defends anybody" argument.
Right, people defend each other, not me.

Kind of like that Thunder Wave as a status vs. an electric move.

@RileyXY1
Except it is close to release. September is the normal time they release the secondary starter, or early October. On top of that they have only ever done a pokemon direct after June once, and that was for X and Y, so chances are slim. Especially since this is the only year they have done 2 directs in. According to the site since 2012 anyway

But it turns out, he had a " the line above so I was supposed to know that it wasn't his.

So yes, people will say KnightWolf was quoting someone else, but certainly not be nice enough to tell me how they knew. That he had a " above it.
Because everyone else could see the " above it. Sorry that it took us awhile to realize that we had to point out the obvious?

And I haven't posted here in years, and so I popped out of no where, so of course people still assumed I knew what the " meant.
" isn't like a secret code for anything that is unique to this forum, it's literally just standard English indicating a quote.

@RileyXY1
Especially since this is the only year they have done 2 directs in. According to the site since 2012 anyway
Actually there were two Pokemon Directs in 2013.

You were just complaining that nobody would interpret your posts to defend them when you left them vague and now you're mad that other people aren't telling you every detail in their posts?
And I haven't posted here in years, and so I popped out of no where, so of course people still assumed I knew what the " meant.
Quotation marks always mean someone is quoting someone else. You've even used them to quote someone else yourself. They're not some mysterious slang exclusive to Bulbagarden.

Last edited:
You were just complaining that nobody would interpret your posts to defend them when you left them vague and now you're mad that other people aren't telling you every detail in their posts?
No, that other people didn't tell me the " meant KnightWolf was copy/pasting another source rather than typing it himself.

Quotation marks always mean someone is quoting someone else. You've even used them to quote someone else yourself. They're not some mysterious slang exclusive to Bulbagarden.
Yea, when there's 2 of them and wrapped around a sentence.

Really hope they save starter evolutions for later. The middle forms tell you almost nothing in general about the final forms, so they would be disappointing to see over other new Pokemon and forms.

No, that other people didn't tell me the " meant KnightWolf was copy/pasting another source rather than typing it himself.

Yea, when there's 2 of them and wrapped around a sentence.
Pretty sure that it was wrapped around the entire post so... honest, it wasn't a conspiracy to make you look bad, we just all assumed that you could see the " on the post for yourself and make the same inference that we did, and that you just somehow had missed that the post was a quote. No one concluded that we actually had to dive in and explain what the little symbol meant.

Pretty sure that it was wrapped around the entire post so... honest, it wasn't a conspiracy to make you look bad, we just all assumed that you could see the " on the post for yourself and make the same inference that we did, and that you just somehow had missed that the post was a quote. No one concluded that we actually had to dive in and explain what the little symbol meant.
I keep saying " and not ""

Pretty sure it was a

"

then the line

I have a friend at Nintendo who provided me.

Not "I have a friend at Nintendo who"

Pretty sure it was a

"

then the line

Yeah, but what did you think the quote was there for? Decoration? XD It wasn't grammatically correct but its symbolic meaning as an indicator for a quote was still implied.

I'mma just leave it at that now, though. There was no conspiracy, no one's purposely beating around the bush to make you look bad, we just honestly have no clue what you're on about sometimes.

@Oriden you were right I read 14. Apologies, but that was also the only year that had a direct in september, and it was the second one. I would just be surprised if they did a 3rd. They reveal a lot of the news in just the the regular direct in September usually.

Pretty sure it was a

"

then the line

The whole post was a quote. The other " was at the end of the post.

@Oriden you were right I read 14. Apologies, but that was also the only year that had a direct in september, and it was the second one. I would just be surprised if they did a 3rd. They reveal a lot of the news in just the the regular direct in September usually.
Yeah same, I don't expect another Pokemon Direct to happen this year unless they just decide at the last minute that they fucked up and didn't show enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom