• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally figured out Sizzile's etymology. S: Sticking with Sobble's starting letter, izz: Lizard, ile: reptile/wile (as in devious or cunning)
Sizz is also just a hissing sound so... still sorta rolling around in the lizard words there.

Although the definition of sizz says "make a sharp hissing sound, as if to show disapproval." That could hint towards its character.

I finally figured out Sizzile's etymology. S: Sticking with Sobble's starting letter, izz: Lizard, ile: reptile/wile (as in devious or cunning)
Sizz is also just a hissing sound so... still sorta rolling around in the lizard words there.

Although the definition of sizz says "make a sharp hissing sound, as if to show disapproval." That could hint towards its character.
is it possible he will have a theme of sad angry happy?

Pleeeeease be a disapproving Pokémon. Sobble needs to continue to be the meme queen.

So to bring back to final evo for the starters, I just realized outside of Tyrannitar and Jangmo-o, we don't even have version exclusives outside the Box Legendaries. Usually by now we have an idea of either new Pokemon that are counterparts that are also version exclusive (think Passissimian and Orangutan) or, in the case of Gen 7, Alolan/Galarian formes that are exclusive to each. It's making pre-ordering for me difficult, but I usually base my game playthrough based on the box legendary and the exclusives.

So to bring back to final evo for the starters, I just realized outside of Tyrannitar and Jangmo-o, we don't even have version exclusives outside the Box Legendaries. Usually by now we have an idea of either new Pokemon that are counterparts that are also version exclusive (think Passissimian and Orangutan) or, in the case of Gen 7, Alolan/Galarian formes that are exclusive to each. It's making pre-ordering for me difficult, but I usually base my game playthrough based on the box legendary and the exclusives.
Not quite true- we also have Deino and Goomy as version exclusives. And the two gyms.

But yeah, aside from that, not much new confirmed for version exclusives, which is a little weird (and annoying, since that usually determines what game to buy for most people).

At this point, I'm buying both but I'm not sure which one to mainly play and which to give to my boyfriend to play. I like Zacian and Zamazenta pretty evenly. Not knowing version exclusives makes this a hard choice.

I was really hoping they’d reveal at least one set of version exclusive new Pokémon (besides the legends) by now. My friend and I know we want to get opposite versions, but at this point we’re about to flip a coin to decide. I want to go ahead and preorder so I might get my delivery on release day.

I used to like Charizard but i hate it right now. It has two megas, showed up in B&W series, Alain used one in XY&Z, now our new champion has one as an ace. If charizad will have a new gigantamax form on top of everything i will lose it. And the things are the same for the pikachu. I love it but GameFreak is making me hate that cute little electric mouse. So fan-service must stop for these two and plus mewtwo.
Charizard has prevailed over others ever since shininess was introduced because while Venusaur and Blastoise got a color scheme similar and matching previous evos, Charizard was turned into a black dragon with red wings.
As for Pikachu, let's not forget that in an Hoenn based region, Pikachu was the one having cosplay options, and the one that got to say it's name as cry (this one made me hate sooo much).
All of this to say that I doubt that GF will stop pandering on these (and Mewtwo)
__

I know that version-exclusive Pkmn are a thing since the beginning but I wouldn't be surprised if they start relying less on this and in some way I'm thankful for that taking into consideration that the online service will be (or is) paid. This said, I don't want to have again-version exclusive cloths and colours. It would be new to have a version-exclusive region to explore after some event midway through the game or after the meeting with the legendar closer to the end of the main storyline and the possibility to have the other version by "dowloading" from other players, kinda like BW (or was it B2W2?) and SM.

Last edited:
Mewtwo is cool so i'm all up for it

I liked Mewtwo's story at the beggining but for me at the moment, I had too much of Mewtwo. I'd like to have a new and actual evolution or definitve form of some sort with great background story to explore like in the Cinnabar mansion.

Found at the usual hotspot:

"Nowthis is a story all about how,
the people of Galar have a fighting-type cow,
it was bred to be strong, so watch your step,
it's covered in muscles and its name is Bullcep.

They also have a demon, a scary-looking thing,
it turns into a statue and when people aren't looking,
it scares them from behind, it also blocks the way,
It's fairy and dark and its name is Gargrey.

The last one that I've seen, it was a water boatman,
it skimmed across the water, you shoulda seen it floatin',
it has some nasty pincer, it pounces you at night,
I didn't catch its name or type, the text was out of sight."

it's covered in muscles and its name is Bullcep
I know it's supposed to be Bull+Bicep, but this is way too close to bullcrap. Which, incidentally, is what this fake is.
They also have a demon, a scary-looking thing,
it turns into a statue and when people aren't looking,
it scares them from behind, it also blocks the way,
It's fairy and dark and its name is Gargrey.
Oh wow just after all this speculation about the statues. Hm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom