• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t see the issue? Collecting them all is optional. I would much prefer the option to be there if I’d like to take advantage of it (which I would) rather than having them cut altogether.
Having the older starters in the game doesn’t make the new trio feel less important at all. If they’re really worried about people using older starters over the new ones, just stick them in the post-game.
Also, it's a good way to obtain legendaries without relying on trades, since not everyone has bought every game (or don't care for transferring).

I don’t see the issue? Collecting them all is optional. I would much prefer the option to be there if I’d like to take advantage of it (which I would) rather than having them cut altogether.
Having the older starters in the game doesn’t make the new trio feel less important at all. If they’re really worried about people using older starters over the new ones, just stick them in the post-game.
That's somewhat kinda like the argument that spending money to earn in-game bonuses or advantages is optional. Just like most of these games are designed to make the grinding even harder so that you feel tempted to spend money - and hence is not optional because the game is made around that - what's the point in having starters and all the old legendaries? I'm not taking about how and when one must have them, it's the question on why do we need to have them in the game in the first place. Instead of thinking about when and how and making that happen, GF should focus on building lore and coming up with new Pokémon.

That's somewhat kinda like the argument that spending money to earn in-game bonuses or advantages is optional. Just like most of these games are designed to make the grinding even harder so that you feel tempted to spend money - and hence is not optional because the game is made around that -
No? I’m not understanding the analogy you’re making here.
what's the point in having starters and all the old legendaries? I'm not taking about how and when one must have them, it's the question on why do we need to have them in the game in the first place. Instead of thinking about when and how and making that happen, GF should focus on building lore and coming up with new Pokémon.
Because people want to collect them and use them in various activities. GF will focus on making new Pokémon and lore regardless; one does not take away from the other.

No? I’m not understanding the analogy you’re making here.

Because people want to collect them and use them in various activities. GF will focus on making new Pokémon and lore regardless; one does not take away from the other.
It's as simple as not being harassed by clouds that have legendaries, by a Crescent Island that doesn't make any sense to appear in Hoenn that way.

Well, one thing takes time from the other. Just like making Town makes that GF has two teams, so having these events means that time and people are spent on that.

It's as simple as not being harassed by clouds that have legendaries, by a Crescent Island that doesn't make any sense to appear in Hoenn that way.
These things are...harassing you? Why not just ignore them if they’re not to your liking?
Well, one thing takes time from the other. Just like making Town makes that GF has two teams, so having these events means that time and people are spent on that.
Not really. Having all the legends in USUM didn’t take away from the new Pokémon and lore (although that is inevitably subjective), I don’t see why that would change here. And I wish people would stop bringing up Town as if it is really having a significant impact on SwSh.

No leaks? Is pokemon dying?

giphy.gif

Thats funny but no not even close it just means gamefreak is keeping a tighter lid despite a few credible leaks getting out

What are the actual chances of Duraldon not being the psuedo. I think they typically reveal them later in the marketing cycle but wouldn't it have to be pretty beefy to compete with Tyranitar?
Duraldon seems a lot like a single stage pokemon to me. I've never consider it as a pseudo and i hope it isn't.

The amount of pages tell us absolutely nothing about the size of the regional pokedex.

I just want to clarify this point a little more. I did some research on this and it seems likely that the amount of pages listed for the guide and Pokedex are placeholders and are subject to change.

In addition those books come out in December a month after the actual games are out.

What are the actual chances of Duraldon not being the psuedo. I think they typically reveal them later in the marketing cycle but wouldn't it have to be pretty beefy to compete with Tyranitar?

I want to say pretty low since it looks like Duraludon is the counterpart to Tyranitar, perhaps a special variant. It seems likely in my opinion that Duraludon will be a three-stage pseudo in order to best mirror T-tar. I wouldn’t be surprised if Duraludon has a larva first stage and a pupa inspired second stage...

Duraldon seems a lot like a single stage pokemon to me.

What makes you think that? I feel a decent amount of the new Pokémon revealed look like single stage Pokémon—Cramorant, Alcremie, Drednaw, Polteageist, Corviknight, Morpeko, and Yamper—but not Duraludon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom