• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could see Duraldon being the second stage in something. It's definitely not a first stage design to me, but it looks like it could change further.

(Also most corporations don't care about the customers. That's how they work. They want yer money and that's all. But I'm still gonna shop at the grocery store because, yknow. I like to eat. I'm gonna keep buying pokemon games because, yknow, I like to enjoy pokemon games.)

I could see Duraldon being the second stage in something. It's definitely not a first stage design to me, but it looks like it could change further.

Eh, Duraludon looks pretty final stage to me. It just has that tough-ish, complete look that fully evolve Pokémon have in my opinion. I don’t see how they could expand on its design without it becoming cluttered and/or over complicated.

What makes you think that? I feel a decent amount of the new Pokémon revealed look like single stage Pokémon—Cramorant, Alcremie, Drednaw, Polteageist, Corviknight, Morpeko, and Yamper—but not Duraludon.

Cramorant, Alcremie, Drednaw, Polteageist, Corviknight, Morpeko and Duraldon ; I think they are all single stage pokemon. Cramorant has a unique ability, %90 it won't evolve. Alcremie has both gigantimax form and color variants. Drednaw also has gigantimax form and it doesn't look like it is part of a evolution family. Morpeko has unique ability too, it won't evolve and pika-clones never evolve ( this isn't a rule just a pattern it can be broken but i don't think it will ). Corviknight might be a final stage pokemon but its taxi gimmick makes me think that it is a single stage. And we know it won't evolve any further because it has gigantimax form.

I know we don't have any information about gigantimax is only given to a fully evolved pokemon but i want you to think, why would they give a evolution to drednaw ? Nobody will know and use that evolution because drednaw has a gigantimax form. The evolution will be pointless and unnecessary. It will overshadowed by its pre-evolution's gigantimax form. Remember what GF said back in gen 6. They didn't want to give any of the Gen6 pokemon a mega-evolution because they didn't want the designs of the pokemon make you feel unfinished. So they give older pokemon mega forms. They made an exception for diancie, and they will make an exception for supposed pikachu/meowth gigantimax forms.

Wooloo, Yamper, Impidimp, Rolycoly will definitely evolve. I think eldegoss is final stage. And polteagest is a wild card for me. But i hope it will evolve.

Edit : I forgot to talk about duraldon. I think its design is too complicated to be a part of a evolution. It seems like turtonator, drampa, durddigon. I can't imagine a pre-evolution to it.

I forgot to talk about duraldon. I think its design is too complicated to be a part of a evolution. It seems like turtonator, drampa, durddigon. I can't imagine a pre-evolution to it.

Duraludon’s design doesn’t look any more complex than Rhydon, Garchomp, Hydreigon, and Kommo-o in my opinion, and all three of those Pokémon are evolved forms.

I definitely could see him being a stand-alone, but he might have an evo...he reminds me a lot of the glacier one whose name I can never remember. I don’t see him havin a pre-evo though.

I’m really curious as to who the galarian forms will be. I’m wondering if meowth’s spikey grey fur is an evo, because on the leak he does say some will get evos like sirfetch’d

I know we don't have any information about gigantimax is only given to a fully evolved pokemon but i want you to think, why would they give a evolution to drednaw ? Nobody will know and use that evolution because drednaw has a gigantimax form. The evolution will be pointless and unnecessary. It will overshadowed by its pre-evolution's gigantimax form. Remember what GF said back in gen 6. They didn't want to give any of the Gen6 pokemon a mega-evolution because they didn't want the designs of the pokemon make you feel unfinished. So they give older pokemon mega forms. They made an exception for diancie, and they will make an exception for supposed pikachu/meowth gigantimax forms.
I'm eh on the idea that Meowth and Pikachu might just be special snowflakes- Pikachu, sure, but Meowth has never really been given much of that "popular pokemon" favoritism from Game Freak, even with it being on Team Rocket. The only particularly special treatment I've ever seen it given was for merchandise, and that's definitely due to the anime connection.

That said, I doubt Drednaw has an evo because it seems to be Nessa's signature Pokémon. Unless I'm mistaken, those are typically final evos.

I'm eh on the idea that Meowth and Pikachu might just be special snowflakes- Pikachu, sure, but Meowth has never really been given much of that "popular pokemon" favoritism from Game Freak, even with it being on Team Rocket. The only particularly special treatment I've ever seen it given was for merchandise, and that's definitely due to the anime connection.

That said, I doubt Drednaw has an evo because it seems to be Nessa's signature Pokémon. Unless I'm mistaken, those are typically final evos.
Ummm, Falkner's Pidgeotto, Bugsy's Scyther, Brawly's Makuhita, Roark's Cranidos, The C's Pans and Grant's Tyrunt?

If they are doing a Mecha Godzilla thing with Duraludon, it would make sense it's a single stage based on a final stage Pokemon. But the thing is, in addition to the Mecha Godzilla thing, they're really making it out to sound like it's in a turf war with Tyranatar which would also probably extend to their young.

So yeah. There's probably a lot going on between them we don't know and it's possible that it is a final stage.

Also the Japanese site has pretty much confirmed that Larvitar is a Shield exclusive. So who's to say they're won't be version pseudos as well.

Ummm, Falkner's Pidgeotto, Bugsy's Scyther, Brawly's Makuhita, Roark's Cranidos, The C's Pans and Grant's Tyrunt?
All these gym leaders owns a first or second gym in their own region. Because of that they have a un-evolved pokemon as their aces. So if Nessa isn't first or second gym leader, drednaw is final stage. Even if she is one of the first two gym leaders let's not forget Brock's onix, Misty's starmie and roxanne's nosepass. ( Nosepass and onix was last stage/ single evolution back then ) Edit: And Gardenia's Roserade and Lenora's Watchog
Edit 2 : I think Viola's Vivillon doesn't count because Vivillon evolves too quick.

@Oriden My thing here is that I’m kind of under the impression that meowth may not evolve. Which I hate, because I actually don’t like meowth much, but find original persian adorable. Alolan persian makes me sad, and I hate that they are wasting a galarian spot with another meowth when there are literally hundreds in the first three gens they can use, but that is beside the point. None of the confirmed leaks have pointed at an evo for meowth. So, if the galarian meowth does not evolve we are still in the only final stages evolve point. Except Pikachu because it’s pikachu...always feel bad for raichu. Hooray alolan

All these gym leaders owns a first or second gym in their own region. Because of that they have a un-evolved pokemon as their aces. So if Nessa isn't first or second gym leader, drednaw is final stage. Even if she is one of the first two gym leaders let's not forget Brock's onix, Misty's starmie and roxanne's nosepass. ( Nosepass and onix was last stage/ single evolution back then ) Edit: And Gardenia's Roserade and Lenora's Watchog
Edit 2 : I think Viola's Vivillon doesn't count because Vivillon evolves too quick.
The credible rumor does imply that Nessa is the second Gym.

@Oriden My thing here is that I’m kind of under the impression that meowth may not evolve. Which I hate, because I actually don’t like meowth much, but find original persian adorable. Alolan persian makes me sad, and I hate that they are wasting a galarian spot with another meowth when there are literally hundreds in the first three gens they can use, but that is beside the point. None of the confirmed leaks have pointed at an evo for meowth. So, if the galarian meowth does not evolve we are still in the only final stages evolve point. Except Pikachu because it’s pikachu...always feel bad for raichu. Hooray alolan
Meowth has a regional evolutions according to Affleck.
so that means it has a regional variant that evolved into a new Pokemon it's just that the Meowth itself gets a Max form.

Meowth has a regional evolutions according to Affleck.
so that means it has a regional variant that evolved into a new Pokemon it's just that the Meowth itself gets a Max form.
Well no it does not actually say that. It says it’s gigantamax form is a long cat, and that it’s regional form looks like a spikey gray ball. That’s what I was tryin to decide was whether not it meant to say he had an evo, because some do, but it does specifically say meowth looks like.

Well no it does not actually say that. It says it’s gigantamax form is a long cat, and that it’s regional form looks like a spikey gray ball. That’s what I was tryin to decide was whether not it meant to say he had an evo, because some do, but it does specifically say meowth looks like.
Yeah, but it says that right after discussing regional evos.
Some pokemon, like Farfechtd, will get regional evolutions, like Sirfechtd. Meowth looks like a ball of spiky grey fur

Yeah, but it says that right after discussing regional evos.
Exactly, but it still specifically says meowth. Not meowth’s evolution. That’s what I was trying to decide. We don’t specifically know if it is meowth, or meowth’s Evo. I was just pointing out that he maybe would not have an evo just a variant. I would think it does, but who knows until we see. I could see it going either way.

Exactly, but it still specifically says meowth. Not meowth’s evolution. That’s what I was trying to decide. We don’t specifically know if it is meowth, or meowth’s Evo. I was just pointing out that he maybe would not have an evo just a variant. I would think it does, but who knows until we see. I could see it going either way.
Chances are he means Meowth itself since when this particular Regional variant evolves the evolution is described to be puffier.
My take is that G-max Galarian Mewoth is based on the Cat Sith Cat sìth - Wikipedia.
It fits the description of being a very long cat and likely means this Meowth is based on the Scottish wildcat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom