• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This one's boring. It doesn't even mention any new Pokemon, only Galarian forms.

A new object introduced (initially introduced for Morpeko) allows to regain 20% of its life with each change of shape, it can also be used on Aegislash
This is the weirdest thing.

Morpeko and Aegislash is a really random pair, why would they ever have a unique item together anyway lol. Wouldn't it work on other form changing Pokemon like Castform or Cherrim too? It's not like form change methods are consistent between different species either, so I doubt it would be a thing in the first place.

One, I don't remember Castform being manmade.
If I'm remembering correctly, it was made by the scientists at the weather institute in Hoenn so that they could use it to predict weather forecasts.

Last edited:
Outside of the several questionable things contained in the leak, the grammatical errors and bizarre syntax (finer, wins, etc) also make me think this is fake. They just seem too deliberate. Parts of the “leak” will be grammatically correct, and then randomly there’ll be a sentence or two that’ll be incorrect or weirdly worded. It feels like the “leaker” threw in those mistakes to make it seem like they’re a non-native speaker in order to lend credit to the idea that they’re Japanese. In other words, they’re attempting to make their “leak” look more credible.

Nope. I do not believe any of this leak...but on another note. Is the only way to get giga pokemon from dynamax raids? Cause that is bs. I will literally never do those. I hate online multiplayer. I will not use it, and I have one friend. There better be another way.

Nope. I do not believe any of this leak...but on another note. Is the only way to get giga pokemon from dynamax raids? Cause that is bs. I will literally never do those. I hate online multiplayer. I will not use it, and I have one friend. There better be another way.
There's no word of any other way. You can play raid battles with NPCs, though.

Well then, you must have forgotten the Weather Institute entirely.

Never said it wasn't? I'm talking about this line:

They're suggesting that future games would not have the cut.
I remember the weather insitute. But don't remember them saying they made him

Didn't he say we'll have 600 in the next game? That just sounds like an increase number to the dex, which happens.

One, I don't remember Castform being manmade, Second 600 is still a cut of 200 pokemon.
Actually, a Team Aqua member says that:

Weather Institute Team Aqua Grunt said:
The INSTITUTE created a type of POKéMON that has something to do with the weather. We're here to take them!

Outside of the several questionable things contained in the leak, the grammatical errors and bizarre syntax (finer, wins, etc) also make me think this is fake. They just seem too deliberate. Parts of the “leak” will be grammatically correct, and then randomly there’ll be a sentence or two that’ll be incorrect or weirdly worded. It feels like the “leaker” threw in those mistakes to make it seem like they’re a non-native speaker in order to lend credit to the idea that they’re Japanese. In other words, they’re attempting to make their “leak” look more credible.
I always wondered why people try to do this.

Do they think it's impossible that a native English speaker has seen parts of SwSh or something? Don't they realize that there are probably a bunch of translators or playtesters who have to go through the whole game in English at some point? Not to mention that someone has to prep the trailers and announcements we get in English and other languages too. The few credible leaks we have all have acceptable grammar anyway, so it makes even less sense.

Actually wait, you can find Castforms in the wild! You can in Sun and Moon, as well as BW2
Both of which take place after the events of RSE/ORAS. It makes sense that people could release Castform and they could go to the wild, but an evolutionary adaptation to an environment doesn't happen after two years. Not to mention that Castform was already created to adapt to climates around it, making the claim that it had to make a Galar form to adapt more doubtful.
Didn't he say we'll have 600 in the next game? That just sounds like an increase number to the dex, which happens.
No, he said that there would be 600 in SwSh.
I am rather disappointed that many pokémon that I appreciate are not present but we get about 600 pokemon which is already good,

Castform takes the pure fairy type and gains a new ability, given the capricious climate of the region it is habituated and does not change shape, its ability allows it to boost its special statistics by 50% under the climate and gives priority to attacks of the same type once the climate has been established (ex: if the rain is set, attacks of type water are priorities)

...am I reading correctly that this supposed Galarian Castform can't change into any weather forms due to Galar's weather? That's some obvious bullshit right there.

The weather pokemon can't adapt to the weather so it just gave up on changing forms entirely despite that being its entire gimmick. Brilliant.

...am I reading correctly that this supposed Galarian Castform can't change into any weather forms due to Galar's weather? That's some obvious bullshit right there.

This weather pokemon can't adapt to the weather so it just gave up on changing forms entirely despite that being its entire gimmick. Brilliant.
Maybe it's body adapts into a all weather like form. Thus it has no need to shift in between

Wait I'm rereading that and I just realized it also said that its ability gives a 50% boost to Special Attack, a 50% boost to Special Defense, and boosts the priority of moves of a certain type, just after we got a Gale Wings nerf? lol no
Maybe it's body adapts into a all weather like form. Thus it has no need to shift in between
Losing a beneficial STAB can hardly be said to be adapting positively.

The whole point of Castform is that it changes form to match the weather, though. Why would removing that seem like a good idea to anyone? It's the whole point of Castform and literally what it was designed for, in game lore and in real life.

More stuff I gotta nitpick out of this leak-

Sunflora because of the humidity and rain omnipresent in some places takes the plant/water type,
Why would a sunflower have to adapt to a UK climate? Especially due to rain and humidity, of all things.

Kingler is water/steel and gains a new ability that has the same effects as a metronome, the more it hits with the same attack the more powerful it becomes
Does this person not know what metronome does. Or what a metronome does. Either/or.

As another gigamax I could see there are Hydreigon, Eevee, Trevenant, Vespiquen and Rhyperior
Nice list but couldn't be arsed to even try to describe any of them, huh?

Last edited:
Oh, that one's actually fair-they're talking about the held item, not the move, which does power up repeated attacks.
Aaaaaaaaah, forgot that existed- that item is so weird. XD

Still questioning why a sunflower has to adapt to rain and humidity, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom