• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if some member already posted it here. Anyway, I'll post:

View attachment 124911

I don’t think they’d ever make any Pokémon exclusive to Pokémon GO. They may introduce them in GO first, but I don’t think they’d restrict them to just that game. In fact, I don’t think any Pokémon species has been restricted to only one game. Also I like how they casually drop SwSh 2 without any sort of evidence to back that up. I mean, a lot of people have been speculating that we’ll get DPPt remakes instead, based up merchandise and such. GO forms that are locked to a specific region also seem unlikely.

All in all, this leak seems super fake.

The rumor said that these Pokemon would be made available in Sword/Shield 2, so they wouldn't be permanently exclusive to GO.
But seeing how Pokemon is handling its marketing recently, I find it very unlikely for a Sword/Shield 2 to happen. Usually, they tend to be quieter with a later game in the generation.

But seeing how Pokemon is handling its marketing recently, I find it very unlikely for a Sword/Shield 2 to happen. Usually, they tend to be quieter with a later game in the generation.
That's a bad argument because it could be taken to mean that they wouldn't release any other games for Gen 8 other than Sword & Shield themselves and just jump straight to Gen 9.

That's a bad argument because it could be taken to mean that they wouldn't release any other games for Gen 8 other than Sword & Shield themselves and just jump straight to Gen 9.
Eh, a remake is going to happen in Gen 8 whether we want to or not. The leak that got all the details right except for some parts already said Eternatus is going to be part of the plot of Sword/Shield, thus removing the possibility of the Galar games receiving a follow-up game.

I mean, a lot of people have been speculating that we’ll get DPPt remakes instead, based up merchandise and such.

To be fair though, people would be doing that with or without merchandising or anything else, simply because of historical precedent. Sun & Moon were loaded with obvious Sinnoh "hints" that totally indicated we'd be getting remakes on the 3DS, after all. It is reasonably likely that Sinnoh remakes will be made eventually, so at this point it's just a waiting game to see when the broken clock gets the time right.

And conversely, TPC doesn't need oncoming remakes in order to include Sinnoh Pokémon in their promotions, just like with last year's Ultra Prism TCG set. Additionally, GO is only just now about to break into Gen 5, so it's not like the Gen 4 Pokémon haven't been relevant in other major corners of the franchise.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they have the Galarian forms in go in order to promote sword and shield.
Galarian sure. Anything else is crap. Especially quad legendaries. No way. Don’t buy it, or the regional changes shifting back and forth.

That one was super easy to disprove. Niantic is super slow when it comes to releasing new things. It took 7 months for Gen 4 to be fully released in GO, and looking at the hints on Twitter we'll probably start seeing Gen 5 here really quick. They are not going to do something this big that quickly.

The Champeon thing doesnt sound right either. And GO variants? That change going from one continent to another. That doesnt sound right.

Gosh that whole leak was a mess, but with leaks being slow I guess it was nice to see one.

Leaks about ZWolfs type and abilities? Nah.
Leaks about Eternatus and Meteordyna's role in the story? Nope.
Leaks about starter evos? Nuh-uh.

A leak about a game coming out a year from now that hasn't even been announced? Well of course that's out on the internet! How believable!

Meltan, a Pokemon used to promote Let's Go games, couldn't even be caught in Go, it was just teased through it. But of course these new games that aren't made to tie into Go will have their Pokemon be usable in Go a year before the games come out.

"These Pokemon will be sprinkled throughout regions from the anime"? That makes zero sense. The only anime-exclusive regions are the Orange Islands and the Decolore islands. Game Freak is going to make their amazing new marketing tactic restricted to two groups of islands?

View attachment 124911

Hmm interesting, I'm not convinced that this leak is legit. But I honestly think it's only a matter of time before we get Pokemon and forms that can only be obtained in Go, since we can transfer to home from Go soon.

"These Pokemon will be sprinkled throughout regions from the anime"? That makes zero sense. The only anime-exclusive regions are the Orange Islands and the Decolore islands. Game Freak is going to make their amazing new marketing tactic restricted to two groups of islands?
That’s probably one part of the leak that makes an inkling of sense, though. The new anime is supposed to be set in all regions and not just Galar, so they probably mean that the Pokemon will be sprinkled in all the older regions as new discoveries.

View attachment 124911
I like the idea of getting more Pokemon that are unique to Go (and can be transferred to main games, of course) but this one takes it obviously too far. 100 mile eevee, forms that only exist if you're in a different country/continent? Yeah right, faker. You started the idea off okay but you dove into a huge pile of nope towards the end there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom