• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My thoughts on the rumor from a few pages back: At this point, anything saying there's going to be "Sword 2 and Shield 2 with a full national dex" is just bargaining at this point. Also are they forgetting that even if there was a direct sequel, the starters would stay the same like B2W2? It's not a Pokemon 2 situation here since gens didn't exist back when that was announced.

I saw a tiny bit of a new leak on 4chan before it was taken down.

Heres what i did catch before it was removed

• New trailer on september 25th
  • Shows of starter middle evos
  • shows off A fire type gym leader as well as an ice type gym leader

- Fire gym leader was a normal sized guy with coal dust marks on his face and arms he also uses rolycolys evo in battle

- Ice gym leader is female who that wears a big coat over the standard leader uniform

* couple new galarian forms are shown seedot line and the spinarak line

* new galarian evos are shown delcatty evo and lopunny evo

* there is an elite 4 but not made up of people you would expect Sonia is the second member and is a normal type expert.

The other 3 are unknown but they specialize in.

• ground
  • electric
  • Bug

Thats everything i saw of the rumor but i think it had a 2nd post i didnt read it to me this rumor is heavy on the copying from other rumors. As well as has a few unbelievable things like the elite 4.
Yeah, no. At this point it's probably safe to say that they'll at least do something different with the Elite Four given the whole sports theming going on.

Also Seedot. What are they going to do with it? Remove Nuzleaf and Shiftry's noses and turn them from Tengu into trolls? What type would they be then? Nothing about that makes any sense.

Another leak on 4chan (date: 09/12/19).
I don't know if it's allowed to post 4chan links here, so I'll not post.

"I have some information on Pokémon Sword and Shield:

1. The Galarian forms go from gens 1-5. Unrevealed ones include Galarian Klink (Electric-Steel), Galarian Ledian (Bug-Ice), Galarian Farfetch'd (Fighting-Flying), and Galarian Chimchar (Fire-Steel). The Galarian Ledian gets an evo called Ledysect, which is Ice-Fighting.

2. Gigantamax forms include Gigantamaxed Meowth, and Rolycoly's evolution, Enginfuel (Fire-Rock), receives one. It has a huge sentient smoke cloud, representing steam, that Gigantamaxed Enginfuel uses to help attack.

This is all I have. Next trailer is sometime this month, and there will be no more Pokemon Directs about SwSh."

It's not.
1. The Galarian forms go from gens 1-5. Unrevealed ones include Galarian Klink (Electric-Steel), Galarian Ledian (Bug-Ice), Galarian Farfetch'd (Fighting-Flying), and Galarian Chimchar (Fire-Steel). The Galarian Ledian gets an evo called Ledysect, which is Ice-Fighting.

2. Gigantamax forms include Gigantamaxed Meowth, and Rolycoly's evolution, Enginfuel (Fire-Rock), receives one. It has a huge sentient smoke cloud, representing steam, that Gigantamaxed Enginfuel uses to help attack.

This is all I have. Next trailer is sometime this month, and there will be no more Pokemon Directs about SwSh."
This person knows all Galar forms, but only five Gigantamax forms. (counting the three already revealed) Ledysect takes its name from insect, but isn't Bug-type. (also what a boring name) Chimchar gets a Galar form but no other Sinnoh starters. They know the plan for Pokemon directs up to release, but not the date of this trailer.

Are people even trying to sound believable?

Unrevealed ones include Galarian Klink (Electric-Steel)

One of the backgrounds for the League Cards has normal Klang and Klinklang, except some parts of the gears are gold instead of grey, so I doubt we’ll be seeing a Galarian Klink.

Are people even trying to sound believable?

I mean, this is 4chan. So a bunch of bored fans trying to kill time until the next trailer. Sounding believable isn't really the goal so much as vacuous shitposting is.

I don't know why everything from there gets regurgitated here as if there's even a remote chance of it being real. 99% of it is just people kicking a ball around.

Someone help me out here - how often is it that we have legitimate leaks in the "wishlist" format that get widely discovered before the evidence to back them up is revealed? The only one that comes to my mind is the Alola form/time of day is version-exclusive/S.S. Anne one from last gen.

Someone help me out here - how often is it that we have legitimate leaks in the "wishlist" format that get widely discovered before the evidence to back them up is revealed? The only one that comes to my mind is the Alola form/time of day is version-exclusive/S.S. Anne one from last gen.
I think there was the USUM one, but I don't know if that was discovered before or not. I think people generally don't look at wishlists for leaks, as far as I've seen.

Another leak on 4chan (date: 09/12/19).

"I have some information on Pokémon Sword and Shield:

They can't be serious with the name "Enginfuel" :rolleyes:

I think there was the USUM one, but I don't know if that was discovered before or not. I think people generally don't look at wishlists for leaks, as far as I've seen.

I think "wishlist" was poor wording on my part there. I mainly mean these ones that are just big text posts of bullet points, usually just safely expanding on things that we already know about (Galar forms, Gigantamax), with maybe a couple of the more imaginative ones coming up with bigger or more out-of-the-blue stuff (the "Urban Area"). They're a dime a dozen on 4chan.

Exactly. A made-up reason that has nothing to do with the region itself. Applied to that Sunflora rumor: Sunflora had too much competition in the sunny fields of Galar, so it moved to wetlands and adapted there by becoming water type.

All I'm saying is that Gamefreak can come up with whatever reasoning they want to justify whatever design they think up. I love it either way though... Regional variants are the best thing they've ever done.
See I would accept that reasoning if the "leak" hadn't claimed that it was due to rain and humidity. It didn't change because it was in a wetland and had to adapt to being ankle deep in water- it changed due to two weather conditions that sunflowers generally thrive well in.

Galarian Klink. Some parts are gold. That's it. Lol Steel/Electric.
Game Freak clearly trying to prove that they can make an Electric regional variant with an objectively lamer design than Alolan Geodude.

XD Yeeeeah, not really buying that one.

*new galarian evos are shown delcatty evo and lopunny evo

I'm not really sure if I believe this leak because I'm not convinced they will give a Pokemon that has a Mega Evolution a Regional Evolution. I'm not saying it's impossible or that I'll be shocked if they did it, I just don't see it happening personally.

I'm not convinced with this leak either, purely because of the Galarian Chimchar line. As much as I would love to see regional variants for Starters and Legendaries and otherwise "special" Pokemon (like I would love a regional Unown that is the numbers 0 to 9, Dark type of course due to maths be evil). However, I just can't see a starter Pokemon getting a regional form, especially Chimchar if Diamond and Pearl remakes are coming. I think it would have been more believable had it been a Johto, Unova, Kalos or Alola starter. Again though, I wouldn't be unhappy if they did do it though.

I'm not really sure if I believe this leak because I'm not convinced they will give a Pokemon that has a Mega Evolution a Regional Evolution. I'm not saying it's impossible or that I'll be shocked if they did it, I just don't see it happening personally.
I actually could see it easily happening, because we know that they cut Mega evolution from the region anyway, so any consideration they would have had is pretty much rendered null and void. And even if you did have Mega Evolution and both forms in the same game, the mega would probably be restricted to the normal form just like the regional evo would be restricted to the regional variant. They don't exactly have a great track record for giving forms equal treatment anyway- Alolan Raichu got a Z-move and regular Raichu got squat. And now Galarian Linoone is getting an evo and regular Linoone gets squat. Not to mention the shafted members of split evolution lines: Slowking and Froslass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom