• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They literally did not say that. And Toby Fox confirmed that Town has a smaller development team than SwSh.

Soaring and wormhole travelling were already new mechanics in ORAS and USUM. Including legendaries didn't take anything from that.

"There are two different production teams here, simply named Production Team 1 and Production Team 2. Team 1 is fully dedicated to Gear Project, while Team 2 is for the Pokémon operation. What that means is that Game Freak is a company is prioritising Gear Project, which is production team number one, more than Pokémon in general."
So yes, Pokémon is not their focus.
I cannot consider Hoopa's rings new content...it's just a layout given to access legendaries...there's no story behind it, explanation. It's original, I must say, but it doesn't go beyond that.

"There are two different production teams here, simply named Production Team 1 and Production Team 2. Team 1 is fully dedicated to Gear Project, while Team 2 is for the Pokémon operation. What that means is that Game Freak is a company is prioritising Gear Project, which is production team number one, more than Pokémon in general."
So yes, Pokémon is not their focus.
From the same interview:
Gear Project has helped me become more creative. I’ve now seen the whole process of creation all the way to marketing and selling the game to players. I can now bring that knowhow back to the Pokémon team and try to create something different for Pokémon. So it’s a good synergy between Gear Project and Pokémon creation.
It's about prioritizing originality over just focusing on the Pokemon brand, not putting new games over Pokemon. A company that didn't want Pokemon to have more resources than a new IP would not put a smaller team on the new game and a larger one on Pokemon.
I cannot consider Hoopa's rings new content...it's just a layout given to access legendaries...there's no story behind it, explanation.
Then it's a good thing I specified soaring, not Hoopa's rings.

I think I trust the statement on the official site more that any claim in a leak - and it clearly states that "some galarian forms" are capable of further evolving into a new species. To me it is pretty clear that regular Farfetch'd will not evolve into Sirfetch'd - it will be Galarian Farfetch'd.

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/tobyfox/status/1169371905461248000

Isn’t Gear Project separate from Town? Also, if Town is their priority over Pokémon, then why do they have “a very small team” working on it? Seems like if it was, then they wouldn’t have such a tiny dev team.

If I can summarize Gear Project, basically different teams work on different game projects, including pokemon. The teams then gain new experiences with each project and even swap ideas and notes. This way each team can grow as developers. Little Town Hero is just another result of it.

I really like what the artist did here.
1568416788016.jpg

Although, are there any other bird Pokemon without the flying type?
Not sure what the connection is to my post, but there’s the Piplup line, Torchic line, Decidueye, Spritzee line, and arguably the Psyduck line, Porygon line, and Cresselia.
EDIT: Oh, and Tapu Koko

Last edited:
Pokemon's Twitter has been quiet all day. i wonder what they're cooking up

And no trailer or nothin has been released on any YouTube channel...

I was really expecting something to drop today. :/ Maybe tomorrow...

And no trailer or nothin has been released on any YouTube channel...

I was really expecting something to drop today. :/ Maybe tomorrow...
It's the weekend. Nintendo and related company's social media only post important information on work days. So we'll have to wait until Monday at least. However Tuesday is more likely, cause from what I notice, they tend to avoid days that is too close to the weekend (That's why Nintendo direct is never on a Friday. And announced on Tuesday at the earliest, but never on a monday).

From the same interview:

It's about prioritizing originality over just focusing on the Pokemon brand, not putting new games over Pokemon. A company that didn't want Pokemon to have more resources than a new IP would not put a smaller team on the new game and a larger one on Pokemon.

Then it's a good thing I specified soaring, not Hoopa's rings.
Riding Lat@s was already a thing in one of the Ranger games, so it's also not new content, just an expanded mechanic brought to main games.

Apologies, but I really am not understanding this analogy you’re making to micro-transactional games.

-If you elect not to pay for micro transactions, the entire game or major aspects of it will go by more slowly and/or you cannot unlock certain things.

-If you elect not to catch legends...the rest of the game is still completely and easily accessible. Having the option there doesn’t affect the rest of the game for those who choose not to take advantage of it. Unless you’re referring to plowing through the story with legends in which case:
a) You only really need one or two
b) The game really isn’t that hard without legends anyway
c) Most legendary collecting side-quests are reserved for the post-game anyway

Having them there affects the game because it's part of it - mainly the post-game content. You don't have the possibility to turn them off...for example if you meet the criteria for certain legendary to appear you'll either see clouds or a sparkle. It's content that is thrown at you.
Giveaway events are optional, because you go if you want and you do not get asked or hinted to do it in-game.

Dude it's called a side quest. All RPGs have them. None of them require you to do them to complete the game. That's why they're called side quests. And that's what most legendary things are. Side quests. I can't understand why having the option to do something, but being able to completely ignore it, is somehow a big problem. And they are most certainly not comparible to micro transactions. Micro transactions are pay to win/have fun barriers punishing people who don't have the disposable income to throw around/want to waste money on overpriced tiny digital things they'll probably have to buy again if something happens to the device the game is on.

Side quest: "Hey you want an over powered pokemon? It's right here in case you do! But go on ahead if that's not your thing!"

Micro Transaction: "HEY YOU WANNA BE ABLE TO BEAT OTHER PLAYERS OR AT LEAST NOT GET DESTROYED BY OTHER PLAYERS? Buy this gun mod that actually makes your weapon do decent damage for two hundred whole gamebucks! Want a costume that doesn't look like cheap garbage like all our free outfits do? Four hundred game bucks! By the way, you can only buy game bucks in groups of one thousand and one thousand game bucks cost 10 real life dollars, plus tax. <3"

These are not comparable at all. I can enjoy a pokemon game without going through the side quests, or getting the giveaway pokemon. I can't enjoy a game where I know they think me only worth the trash tier items because I can't shell out for their fancy digital bucks that are just a cheap tactic to bleed their gullible customers dry.

Also, if you want to play a game where you don't get asked or hinted to do anything in the game you might wanna go back to the NES/SNES era of Nintendo Hard or "Guide, Dang it!" games. The fact a game would actually let you know that there are side quests available is the opposite of a problem for me. :| As much as I love Final Fantasy 6 there's a point in the second half of the game where I would have LOVED the ability to have someone suggest where to go to find all of my party members again/find Umaro and Gogo. Seriously without a guide with a ton of older games you could go the whole game without knowing about the game's most powerful hidden weapons, rare items, etc.

As much as I love Final Fantasy 6 there's a point in the second half of the game where I would have LOVED the ability to have someone suggest where to go to find all of my party members again/find Umaro and Gogo.
If I recall correctly, there are NPCs that mention places where you can get the party members, but they are pretty easy to miss (mostly because they are pretty generic).

It's content that is thrown at you.
Giveaway events are optional, because you go if you want and you do not get asked or hinted to do it in-game.
How? How is this content being thrown at you? Just ignore it, it really isn’t difficult. It’s a giant cloud in the sky, just fly the other way.

By your logic, every single aspect of the game that I don’t like from a Pokémon’s design to a part of the story should be locked behind optional DLC instead of being in the game.

How does soaring not count as new content just because a game that Game Freak had nothing to do with already did something similar?

Does the Wild Area not count as new content either, because the whole open-world thing has been done before?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom