• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pffffffffffth- I doubt they're ever gonna use Madame's design.
I think they already have though; just not in relation to Farfetch’d. Madame suspiciously looks like Swanna with a mask and a leak, so it wouldn’t surprise me if Madame got reworked into Ducklett’s evolution somewhere down the line.

So, White Knight Farfetch'd is an exclusive and a usual motif is to be facing an Escavalier!? Well, I'm excited for a possible Galar Escavalier.
Escavalier is one of those Pkmn that I think must have been put in Unova instead of Kalos to fill the region and since knights were common in medieval times, I think that there should be a Kalosian Escavalier and a new one for future European-based regions (oh, I would like if due to Kalos and Galar possible proximity and GB and FR wars, the Escavalier form for SwSh would be a Kalosian form instead of a Galarian!).

I think it was a missed opportunity to have that Pokemon in the Unova dex, and not have Team Plasma utilize it. Even worse that the Shadow Triad actually did use Accelgor in BW2, and the line's evolution is based on the idea of jousting. That and not gallantly riding on Zebstrikas, but meh.

As for that rumor... Succubus... haha, yeah... we've got Lopunny to keep that particular crowd happy. A playboy bunny/80s aerobics girl is likely as blatant as Game Freak is willing to go. Also don't see why they'd have a "Johto Farfetch'd evo" when we never got one in the past and obscure the Galar one after a single game. Sir'fetched would probably be obtainable in a hypothetical Johto Let's Go game, along with Galarian Weezing on Kanto's more industrial side.

Says who?
They announced not all Pokemon would be in the game because they can't code them in back in June. Why would they spend their valuable time coding in an escavelier for it to be in 5 seconds of a trailer for a reveal of another Pokemon to then go back and give it a new form overwriting all the time spent used to code in normal escavelier. I know that even game freak wouldn't do that.

To be fair; if new regional forms are in, then the regular ones are most likely transferable. Because both occupy the same spot in the dex.

Escavalier won't get a regional form, though, they wouldn't have shown a regular one otherwise.

Last edited:
To be fair; if new regional forms are in, then the regular ones are most likely transferable. Because both occupy the same spot in the dex.

Escavalier won't get a regional form, though, they wouldn't have shown a regular one otherwise.
I don't know tons about the forms and stuff with relation to dex and coding but I don't think normal forms will be in because only Pokemon found within galar are in the galar dex according to masuda. Plus even if it's the same dex number they would still have to do all the coding because they're different forms therefore coding would need to be done for both of them which would treat them as 2 separate Pokemon (even though they are just the same Pokemon but with alternate forms).

I don't know tons about the forms and stuff with relation to dex and coding but I don't think normal forms will be in because only Pokemon found within galar are in the galar dex according to masuda. Plus even if it's the same dex number they would still have to do all the coding because they're different forms therefore coding would need to be done for both of them which would treat them as 2 separate Pokemon (even though they are just the same Pokemon but with alternate forms).
I think it will be like Let's Go; there's absolutely no need to keep some forms locked in the old games.

The dex-thing probably has to do with species only.

1- They need galarian forms original forms because galarian forms doesn't mean anything by themselves. Think about a first time player sees a galarian weezing. The word galarian doesn't have any meaning to him/her be cause she/he doesn't know what is kantonian weezing and how it looks like. Just for that reason SM/USUM had "tourist" trainers who use kantonian persian, vulpix ...

2- They won't add normal forms of the galarian pokemon because they didn't want to code them or they didn't got the time or what else. Game Freak made it clear that dex-it will be a permanent thing. Maybe they go with the regional forms idea for one more game just because of that. Each game they will introduce new pokemon designs let's say 100. But if they introduce forms like megas and regional forms they won't make the total number too much for a single game. That's the reason why we got 70+ and 80+ brand new pokemon for the last generations. And for that reason, they won't add older versions cuz only reason they add regional variants so they don't have to add more new pokemon

i see 2 possibilities

Didn’t Masuda also say that all forms of a Pokémon will be obtainable if it’s in the Galar Pokédex?

I think they already have though; just not in relation to Farfetch’d. Madame suspiciously looks like Swanna with a mask and a leak, so it wouldn’t surprise me if Madame got reworked into Ducklett’s evolution somewhere down the line.

I mean, they're both swans. They're going to look similar. You take away the two most distinctive traits of Madame and of course it looks like Swanna, because it's just a plain old swan at that point.

Masuda has said that they don't usually resurrect old designs, because more often than not, they were cut for a reason, like they couldn't justify it back then and nothing about that has changed.

I mean, they're both swans. They're going to look similar. You take away the two most distinctive traits of Madame and of course it looks like Swanna, because it's just a plain old swan at that point.

Masuda has said that they don't usually resurrect old designs, because more often than not, they were cut for a reason, like they couldn't justify it back then and nothing about that has changed.

However, that doesn't mean they cannot take inspiration from them.

While I feel like they could have made Sirfetch'd a bit more different than Farfetch'd, it's also very likely that they didn't really want to go too over the top with it due to Farfetch'd general "meme" status.

Maybe they thought that a more ambitious design would have ended up falling in the Magmar -> Magmortar and Electabuzz -> Electivire trap, in which a popular species is essentially "ruined" by its evolution. It's very likely that they played it safe with Sirfetch'd's design to avoid another Magmortar / Electivire situation, and afforded to go wilder with Obstagoon due to Linoone being far less popular in comparison. This is further empathized by the interview they had in which they didn't know how to create a Mega Evolution for Flygon that wasn't "underwhelming", due to its popularity as a species.

So, while it would have been neat to have a revamped Swanfetch'd or something along those lines, I can also kinda see why they preferred to stick closer to the original design.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom