• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The real problem with the fan art designs of Galarian/Alolan Rapidash is that Galarian Ponyta already has a more complicated design than any of them. It seems likely Galarian Rapidash will be somewhat more complicated than its pre-evolution, and even if it isn't, it should be more complex than the fan designs.

Game Freak seems to have taken a pass on making Galarian forms look Gen 1-ish and instead made them more complicated.

Yeah I’m not holding my breath but I’d much prefer they just put in the work to alter its move set and give it access to more Fairy moves instead of just slapping Pixilated on it and calling it a day. I was similarly annoyed with how few Psychic-type moves Alolan Raichu initially had access to.
If I'm not mistaken, the ones that had a total type change had more changes done to their learnset than the ones that retained a type.... Alolan Meowth aside. Given how much of Ponyta's learnset is Fire-type moves and with Galarian Ponyta appearing to be primarily Fairy if not entirely lacking the Fire-type, then its learnset is most likely gonna have a decent overhaul more akin to Alolan Vulpix.

The real problem with the fan art designs of Galarian/Alolan Rapidash is that Galarian Ponyta already has a more complicated design than any of them. It seems likely Galarian Rapidash will be somewhat more complicated than its pre-evolution, and even if it isn't, it should be more complex than the fan designs.

Game Freak seems to have taken a pass on making Galarian forms look Gen 1-ish and instead made them more complicated.
I believe the point in bringing up the fan art was that everyone has been saying/wanting Fairy magical unicorn Ponyta regional variant for years now so a rumor guessing it now isn't even original enough to really hand it much of a credibility point. It's like the day we finally get a dolphin pokemon, there will be years worth of rumors that magically guessed that one because duh everyone was asking for it.

I do not really want to get into this debate, but I do want to quickly say that many pegasus in stories also had a horn. A unicorn had a horn. A pegasus had either wings, or wings and a horn. I have read many books with it, so I can understand the confusion. Alicorn is a fairly newer term to me. Just stating.
~~~~~
Will someone tell me what exactly Pixilate is? Other than a couple (ex: intimidate) I don’t pay too much attention to special moves.

I do not really want to get into this debate, but I do want to quickly say that many pegasus in stories also had a horn. A unicorn had a horn. A pegasus had either wings, or wings and a horn. I have read many books with it, so I can understand the confusion. Alicorn is a fairly newer term to me. Just stating.
~~~~~
Will someone tell me what exactly Pixilate is? Other than a couple (ex: intimidate) I don’t pay too much attention to special moves.
....I find it hard to believe that anyone wouldn't know that a unicorn is the horned one and a pegasus is the winged one and sometimes you get a mix of the two but that doesn't make it confusing which trait goes to which.

Rereading the rumor, I don't think that's a mark against the "leak" specifically so much as it is against the leaker's intelligence... which in itself could be a mark against the leak. XD I do feel like they meant that they don't "remember" whether Ponyta was the unicorn or if Blitzle was, in order to cover their credibility if one or the other did get revealed, though.

....I find it hard to believe that anyone wouldn't know that a unicorn is the horned one and a pegasus is the winged one and sometimes you get a mix of the two but that doesn't make it confusing which trait goes to which.

Rereading the rumor, I don't think that's a mark against the "leak" specifically so much as it is against the leaker's intelligence... which in itself could be a mark against the leak. XD I do feel like they meant that they don't "remember" whether Ponyta was the unicorn or if Blitzle was, in order to cover their credibility if one or the other did get revealed, though.

very true. XD like I said a sick brain. I did not take into the account two. Just a pegasus with a horn. Which I am kind of expecting Rapidash to be at this point. I really don’t know about blitzle.

~~~~~
Same, I've seen horned Pegasus referred to as just 'pegasus', a unicorn with wings referred to as just 'unicorn' (I fully get that I just described the same creature twice, in different ways).

Point is, tons of people don't know that if it has a horn then it's X, if it has wings it is Y, and if it has both then... It's called a lot of different things (itself confusing).

Also, pixilate makes normal moves the fairy type. And I think... Increases their power?

The only credibility this leak would have had was Sirfetch'd's typing, but since this was posted after Sirfetch'd's official reveal... Yeah, no.
I'd like to believe, but this seems to be piggybacking off of Affleck too much (at least the comment is)... I would love a Dark/Psychic Girafarig, though.

And last gen we had a woodpecker that eventually became a toucan. Since when did regional bird evolutionary lines ever make sense?

Woodpeckers and Toucans are distantly related, many pokemon regional bird species with evolutions introduce this evolution mechanic. Thats why we have a starling eventually evolving into a hawk / bird of prey, a pidgeon evolving into a pheasant and a fletching evolving into a falcon / bird of prey and so on.

Woodpeckers and Toucans are distantly related, many pokemon regional bird species with evolutions introduce this evolution mechanic. Thats why we have a starling eventually evolving into a hawk / bird of prey, a pidgeon evolving into a pheasant and a fletching evolving into a falcon / bird of prey and so on.
Masuda teased us with a tweet a while back in Washington D.C. showing a Grey Squirrel and a Sparrow. So perhaps the Regional bird is a Sparrow that will evolve into Corviknight.

Soo...do we think Opal’s gym is a version exclusive? Affleck doesn’t say, but it would be very possible that he did not know if he played one version. The only reason I wonder is it might be neat if Blitzle is a dark type vs fairy like Ponyta. If they were to be version exclusives.

Soo...do we think Opal’s gym is a version exclusive? Affleck doesn’t say, but it would be very possible that he did not know if he played one version. The only reason I wonder is it might be neat if Blitzle is a dark type vs fairy like Ponyta. If they were to be version exclusives.
It's likely not. The other Version exclusive could be in the snowy town, since it's close to a polar opposite to Bea/Allister's Gym on the map.

I'd like to see it with Serene Grace or a new ability that makes Dark and Ghost moves ineffective because of the brightness.

It's likely not. The other Version exclusive could be in the snowy town, since it's close to a polar opposite to Bea/Allister's Gym on the map.
Same conclusion, different reasoning- I think it's likely not because the gym on the map has a distinct color pallet.

Notice how Water and Grass are colored compared to the Bea/Allister gym-

And look at them in-game-

pokemon-sword-shield-gym.jpg

pokemon_sword_and_shield_galar_water_gym.jpg

switch_pokemonswordpokemonshield_screen_80.jpg

Screen_Shot_2019_07_08_at_1.39.58_PM.png

You'll notice that the Grass and Water gym match their map versions, being vibrant and distinctly colored, while the Fighting/Ghost gym on the map is kind of just a neutral color with dark pillars, not really matching either of its in-game versions. The other gym on the map to share this dull, undecided coloration is the one in the snowy area, while the fairy forest gym has yet another distinct color scheme akin to the first two gyms.

Same conclusion, different reasoning- I think it's likely not because the gym on the map has a distinct color pallet.

Notice how Water and Grass are colored compared to the Bea/Allister gym-

View attachment 126086

And look at them in-game-

pokemon-sword-shield-gym.jpg

pokemon_sword_and_shield_galar_water_gym.jpg

switch_pokemonswordpokemonshield_screen_80.jpg

Screen_Shot_2019_07_08_at_1.39.58_PM.png

You'll notice that the Grass and Water gym match their map versions, being vibrant and distinctly colored, while the Fighting/Ghost gym on the map is kind of just a neutral color with dark pillars, not really matching either of its in-game versions. The other gym on the map to share this dull, undecided coloration is the one in the snowy area, while the fairy forest gym has yet another distinct color scheme akin to the first two gyms.

View attachment 126087
On the map, Bea/Allister's Gym look more like Bea's Fighting colors. So similar could happen for the Snowy Gym where we can have either Ice or Dark.

Last edited:
I know who you're talking about ^
But I have them blocked. Hahahaha.

Why was one of the Ponyta missing a tail I wonder? And I wonder if the lore for G.Ponyta is that when they were introduced to Galar, the luminescent mushrooms became a major part of their diet, resulting in their transformation? They're absolutely Fairy type, nothing can convince me otherwise.
Yes that one Galar Ponyta appears lacking of a tail which Real Galar Ponyta with Tail our Glow.

I'm wondering if there will be some kind of lore surrounding Ponyta's tail having magic properties and therefore being sought after, much like Slowpoke's tail. They'd be sure to say that it regrows, of course. Its tail was the first thing we saw of course... In like the first ten minutes of the live.

I originally thought maybe it was an animation error, but I can't wrap my head around that being plausible. They'd only make one model for this, so there's no realistic shortcut to taking its tail off for anything and using that model by accident for only one of the two on screen at the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom